fbpx

The corniest joke in the world

Home Forums Miscellany Community The corniest joke in the world

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

*snarfs water through nose*!

And LMAO at ddvm’s response; that was timely hysterics!

Fed UPS is when customs snags your order and charges you half of the cost of the item!

Megan
    Participant

Ravnheart wrote:

Fed UPS is when customs snags your order and charges you half of the cost of the item!

That is indeed bull. You could send a box by way of a hundred carrier pigeons tied together for that…

Thanks for not burying me in slippers, guys 8)

Megani-chan wrote:

Ravnheart wrote:

That is indeed bull. You could send a box by way of a hundred carrier pigeons tied together for that…

hehe I wish that worked πŸ˜›
      Once your are targeted for customs here they stop EVERYTHING!

Megan
      Participant

Ravnheart wrote:

Megani-chan wrote:

Ravnheart wrote:

So they don’t charge everybody customs? That ain’t quite right… πŸ˜•

Megani-chan wrote:

Ravnheart wrote:

Megani-chan wrote:

Ravnheart wrote:

So they don’t charge everybody customs? That ain’t quite right… πŸ˜•

Tell me about it. Before I got “listed” I didn’t have a lot of packages that got stopped. Unless I ordered from places like Windstone. But from regular people they didn’t stop them, but now…

Megan
        Participant

That is really weird, Ravn. I’ve received packages from all over the place, even Japan and Australia (curse you, eBay addiction!) but customs hasn’t bothered me about it even once πŸ˜• I should be very thankful, I suppose.

Duld
          Participant

ehrmmm…. that’s because they are probably marked as gifts, you can’t put customs on gifts, Windstone is very strict about marking only gifts as gifts, that’s why the customs are allways on the windstones

Ive had things marked as gifts even get stopped and charged πŸ™
            Welcome to Finland, the land of taxes! πŸ˜›

Duld
            Participant

really? then it must look suspicious to the post office (me and my conspiracy theories)

My “gifts” are always charged customs. That dosen’t matter to Canada either. Then UPS adds brokerage on top. Gets very pricy!

yea they add fees to mine too. On the VF Fledgling the customs was only 13 euros, but they added a pick up fee , another shipping cost fee, and then vat taxes. So that added 35 euros ($49) to the cost of the item πŸ™

I love Finland but the taxes here are unreal. Though we have socialized health care, so that causes high taxes. Though there are some ways they can improve things here, but they would have to rework some areas to get more people to work. Instead they get paid to not work when their are more then enough jobs for people. Some just don’t want to work and make almost as much to do nothing.

Sorry to take this so far off topic πŸ™‚

frozendragon
              Participant

pfft I sent something Fedex to Canada and they charged customs on it….and the person never ever paid it….so then then charged it to me…. 😑

what’s sad is I think it’s a forum member….

but I’m not sending anything fedex to Canada again…I’ll send it USPS and if it gets broken…pfft I’m not dealing with it…

Oh that sucks! I don’t blame you.

Jasmine
                Participant

I just had a PYO dragon delivered today by Canada Post (luckily my postman knows I work from home so doesn’t just leave the stupid card without ringing the doorbell) and they still charged me customs on it. So USPS isn’t going to do any better.

Though I don’t like to think that a forum member would do that to you.

And of course…once again they opened the box. Aaaarrrggg, luckily this time they put it back in the packaging properly so there was no damage.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.