fbpx

The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Marianne
    Participant

True. If they were to go by backer order you could put your choices in anytime… even before and she just has to go down the list in order of backer number to see who gets what.
      Also I refreshed the page at the top of the hour and has no trouble backing quickly but I was still backer number 42. That’s crazy fast first few minutes.
      I think the top two I had were not very sought after though. No one has mentioned them. Fingers crossed.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Very possible someone may have cancelled their pledge which is why you may be seeing that number being 1 off

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

StormDancer
        Participant

I pledged and messaged within the first minute and came in as backer 38. I’m not surprised that we broke the KS messages.

I still have not heard if I got any of my choices. I only really wanted 3 but I sent in 3 backups as well. So far, no where have I seen anyone saying they were wanted ones. I’m still hoping, with everything crossed for enough luck to get them.

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

LZ
          Participant

My question is: Does the KS creator get a list of who the backers are in numerical order?

I wonder about that, since KS doesn’t seem to keep track of what tiers each person pledges, as they pledge it. It relies on a survey to be filled out at the end. This lack of tracking on KS’s part still seems bizarre to me. The backers get an email with a backer number, but does a list get compiled and sent to the creator? Backer number order will only work if the creator knows who is what number.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

melkatsa
            Participant

What a day! I refreshed the Kickstarter page right when it went live, and it was crazy seeing the numbers climbing before I even had a chance to click the button!

Melody’s Kickstarters have definitely been super unique in how much choice backers are given. For the Veligent Kickstarter, I was so touched by Melody and Windstone going above and beyond with the livestreams and fulfilling people’s requests that I ended up backing for more sculptures than I had originally planned. That’s why I’m supporting this one as well, despite the uncertainties with current events.

I agree that going by backer number alone would have been less messy (on both ends). And since we were instructed to pledge first before messaging, the backer numbers should be pretty accurate in estimating when messages would have gone through if everything had worked correctly.

All the disappointment is understandable, but I think with this whole process still being experimental, some hiccups are to be expected. In the end, I hope everyone can be happy with what they end up with.

Okay, sorry for the long post. Congratulations to Melody and Windstone! Good luck sorting through everything… I hope this means more Kickstarters in the future, unless they are too stressful, haha.

pipsxlch
              Participant

I agree with those who have posted here that backer number would probably be the most fair way to do it if/in the future. I wonder if the system breaks down the timestamp on messages fine enough to tell which was first, and it would eliminate the equipment snafu so many have had to deal with.

Marianne, my first two choices were 11 and 151; I’ve been messaged that I got 11. Helps to choose less popular pieces! But now if no one gets 151, I’ll be tempted to go back and claim it- which would stretch things to the breaking point!

Marianne
                Participant

I’m just so happy to be able to participate this time!! I missed the Poads and was disappointed but Dragons are my Jam! I would have been super sad not to at least take part. Kudo’s to my hubby… 😘, and thanks also to Melody and All her Windstone helpers.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I havent heard back but if I didnt get at least number 30 and 27 out of all my picks I’m gonna be a sad quarrantined panda

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

Trava
                    Participant

I was backer 17, and I thought my message went through, but I haven’t heard back yet. I think it’s a bit early to worry and we just need to give the staff time to sort through the hundreds of messages they received.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Dunno Trava. I havent heard either so maybe Melody is just trying to piece together who claimed what first. Almost 1am here though so maybe I’ll hear some news tomorrow. Congrats to those who got their picks.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

YAY for Ms Melody! I knew she wouldn’t let us down! WOW! There MUST have been a Fantastic turn out of Backers pledging for Dragons! ^_^
                          Here is the latest KS Update message from her:

“I’ve only gotten to about 1/2 of the claims, and already most of these dragons have been claimed! But fear not, I am taking notes about which colors people want ( like tigers!) and I will be painting more dragons as quick as I can. I will post more pics with numbers on this Kickstarter page. if you didn’t get your choices, check back next week and you can choose from among the new ones!”

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                          Blocked

I don’t get it. She said she got to about half the claims and half would be 100 people. I was 54 and didn’t hear anything so this isn’t making sense to me as I think the messages did not show in the right order for some of us. And who can choose the new ones then, the ones who didn’t get any or would she paint ones specifically in the colours people missed who wanted them? I don’t want to go through this whole messaging thing again competing against people who might want new ones. It should be for those who didn’t get any. I pledged one minute after the start and messaged one minute after that. To wait all day and now hear most of the dragons are gone is discouraging.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I was backer 13 and didnt hear either Kim so… either one or two things. People messaged their picks before the kickstarter went live and broke the rules and nobody noticed (because as I look at my sent messages they are NOT time stamped) or two, the messages were just a hot mess and if that’s the case the entire claiming system should have defaulted to the 1st directions Melody posted. *claim your dragon* i.e. backer number and then send your message. The claiming went off without a hitch so why not go by that? It is in essence the same thing, just the step you took before your message would have been the same thing, but correct and trackable.

I will admit I had a complex message with many choices (because I wanted to ensure I got something I wanted) and maybe because of that it was overlooked ot tossed to the wayside. Maybe it’s still in the process of being fulfilled because I had a lot of information, but if it was fulfilled by timestamp that wouldn’t make sense. If it was 1st come 1st serve that shouldn’t have mattered. There was no limit and I see folks here saying they sent their messages 5 minutes later and got responses. People who are backers in the 70s+ higher and got some of their choices… I know for a fact I messaged the same minute the kickstarter went live because I had it prefilled in the next window and ready to go. I was prepared.

I’m not whining and I’m not blaming anyone but if the message system was flawed from the beginning claims should not have begun being issued until it was properly sorted out.

I’m not going to go through this mess a second time so people can change their minds, claim different dragons, put dragons that may have been from my list back due to swapping for new ones, etc. I pledged more then a month’s salary and I’m seriously considering just canceling the whole pledge. Dissapppontment is an understatement.

Again, it is what it is. I’m not mad. Im used to being disappointed in a grab bag situation, but I dont think this was handled well. Once the messages weren’t working an executive decision should have been made to go through a different, more efficiet claiming process. I spend months saving and weeks fussing over which dragons to claim. Not doing it again.

Maybe I’m jumping the gun and because I had so many choices it’s taking a long time to sort out. *shrug* I’m sure I’ll find out eventually but after reading the latest update that Melody is half way through the messages and I havent heard anything at all, my heart completely sank. No way this claiming system was remotely accurate.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

pipsxlch
                              Participant

I’m one of the higher number backers (#86) and was notified I got my top choice last night, at about 10:30 EDT. Perhaps it was because my top two choices were relatively plain ones that weren’t drawing much interest? Or because in contrast to Drag0n’s message mine was pretty simple? It didn’t go through until 2 minutes after the hour. I don’t know, but this will be a learning experience and hopefully next rodeo goes smoothly.

The platform handling claims seemed to run smoothly during the rush, another reason to go by backer number next time. I for one would not like a return to choose by livestream, as with the Veligent KS. I was not able to participate even when it would let me watch, and I wasn’t the only one. Backer # really does seem the most fair. And as was said earlier, it would prevent someone sneaking a message in early and not getting caught.

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

Also remember that not everyone was asking for just one dragon and it wasn’t limited to one, and can’t be since you can add-on as many as you wanted. What’s to say several people in earlier messages wanted multiple dragons, which did appear to happen if they are just about gone and there were 200 or more Backers.

I’m sure Melody knows from the messages how many if which dragons were asked for, and I’m sure she will use that data to help inform her which colors, styles to paint more of.

However I think that she should help make it more fair for those Backers, who have not received any dragons yet from the first group of backers’ messages, to be the first ones to be able to claim dragons from the new batches. Maybe by contacting these first group of Backers first via KS messages and provide them with a first look/choice of the new dragons. Then after those Backers get their claims in, open up/post the new dragon batch photos – minus the newly claimed ones X’d out of the photos – for other Backers who have gotten previously filled messages or for new Pledge Backers to chose from.

I

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.