fbpx

The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Graham
    Participant

I’m backer 168 and this was all so confusing at first. I went right when I got the email but my backer number states otherwise lol. Just hope I made it and can hear back sometime soon about everything.

Jennifer Graham

Christine
      Participant

Heard back via KS message! Bought 3 dragons, got 1 of my top 5 choices (totally love her!), and Melody said she’ll be painting others similar to 2 of my other top choices (simple colors) during the campaign.

Kudos to whoever claimed #116 first, love that little guy so much and hope he has a wonderful home! At least I can be sure he’ll have a faster internet connection than me when he arrives at his new owner’s place! ‘=D

Natasha
        Participant

Congrats, everyone. Still nothing on my end. Iā€™m sure my pics are gone by now.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
          ANY Red Eyed Unis
          ANY Test Paint Bat
          UNIS:
          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
          Male- Snow Leopard TP
          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
          Mother: Okapi
          Gothic - Mahogany
          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Marianne
          Participant

Iā€™m back stepping about my confirmation. I think it was more of an acknowledgement that she got the message and not that I got my choice. She said she put me down for my #1 choice but that doesnā€™t mean she had gone through everyoneā€™s yet. Iā€™m new to the kickstarters. šŸ˜

Ann Marie
            Participant

I backed as soon as the kickstarter opened and I was backer #71. This just all moved very, very fast with a lot of eager dragon fans! I just got a message that all 6 of my choices have already been claimed. Melody says she may paint more of the last two on my list, so I will check back, but it was really the first four that I craved.

Magentas-Cat

Natasha
              Participant

I backed as soon as the kickstarter opened and I was backer #71. This just all moved very, very fast with a lot of eager dragon fans! I just got a message that all 6 of my choices have already been claimed. Melody says she may paint more of the last two on my list, so I will check back, but it was really the first four that I craved.

Yeah, I was backer 4 – no contact at all yet.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                Gothic - Mahogany

yolanda
                Participant

From the last 2 posts …I’m loosing hope.
                  Ann being #71 and all her choices gone
                  And natasha being #4 with no word
                  I was backed 32 and no word also.
                  I really feel it shoulda gone based on backer numbers and not time stamped messages with all the problems alot of us had trying with no success to get that contact button to work.
                  I also fear that if I’m unable to get one of my 3 choices I will need to back out because I cant afford let alone want to pay 250 for something i dont like color wise. It was hard enough to save the funds for one with everything that’s happened lately . šŸ™

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

I wanted one dragon and sent in my first five choices. I had selected up to 12 choices and I guess I should have included all 12 choices in my message. I was backer 106 and didn’t get a message off until 5 minutes after launch. And if people ahead of me are ordering 2, 3 or more dragons in their order, well… my odds are dwindling.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

tig3r06
                    Participant

I’ve said in other places, I’m backer 30, and even right now I cannot send a contact me message. My button is still broken. And drag0n sent a request off for me earlier, but it must’ve pushed her down in the message list by doing that. She’s backer 13, was able to message for herself right away before helping me, and she hasn’t been contacted.

Kim
                      Blocked

Yolanda I’m sorry I tried but I never heard back about my choices or yours I messaged for you. I just hope at this point Melody can just paint similar ones to what we picked if the ones we picked are gone.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Natasha
                        Participant

So Iā€™ve heard back. I did not get my favorite. I got one I like, but it is a plain one, so Iā€™m sure thatā€™s why it was still available many hours after later backers got theirs. I donā€™t want to rag on Windstone – Melody, Susie et al are lovely people and I am grateful for all the lovely art. But honestly, the messaging system was a Cluster F…iasco. I get trying to soldier on and get things done as soon as possible but in my opinion this needed to be addressed by stopping and starting up again when the messaging system could be fairly used by everyone. Itā€™s not my Kickstarter, and Iā€™m not going to tell anyone how to run theirs. But this didnā€™t work out how I think any of us planned and thatā€™s a huge letdown. If it was just me being stupid and not reading the directions, or just having my internet crap out, that would be much easier to swallow. Crap like that happens all the time, and you just suck it up and realize it was ā€œyour turnā€ to get the short end of the stick. But the messaging didnā€™t work for a big chunk of people, and was brought up right away by multiple people. It seems like it ended up being a free for all with no rhyme or reason.

Iā€™m not gonna complain anymore – but itā€™s definitely made me not want to back another Kickstarter unless the claiming system works correctly. My suggestion is that pick would be by backer number – that seems much more egalitarian since the Kickstarter messaging system clearly cannot be used for claiming in a fair, orderly fashion.

On a happy note – congrats, Melody! You had a ton of people buying your art. I know thatā€™s got to feel good since I know you put a lot of love into all your pieces.

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          Gothic - Mahogany

Kim
                          Blocked

I agree. I just posted on the other thread but will re-post here. I think this order of messaging thing was a bit of a disaster. I never heard back either because I didnā€™t realize sending more than one message could mess me up. Maybe it would have been better to let people email their choice in order of backer or just let everyone pick from a livestream.

Also for those still waiting, I just realized Melody posted this on Facebook an hour ago:

Yes we did break Kickstarter. The messages thing is occasionally short circuiting for me too. I noticed that it was mixing up messages Iā€™ve sent to people! I think Iā€™ve caught all the errors, but if you get a KS message saying you got dragons you didnā€™t request, that is why! Right now my ā€œreply to messagesā€ is frozen up, so Iā€™m gonna get a cup of tea.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

To be fair, I think this is the first time EVER that I have heard of using the Kickstarter Messages as a way to claim choices. Most all Kickstarters are run as a “Here is the (mass-produced) product that everyone will be getting and you get your choice of these predetermined colors, patterns, etc. (of whatever that item is).”

Melody’s two Kickstarters are the ONLY ones I have EVER seen/heard that gave the Backers such a UNIQUE OOAK Choice of an item – PERIOD. NO ONE knew the technology would crash like this and frankly, I don’t believe the KS Messages were set up for so much intense volume at one time. Perhaps the Backer order should have been used and now that we have obviously discovered a really big flaw, well – lesson learned and it can be considered for the next Kickstarter. Time to move on…. I’m still excited to see what I end up with.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

What Natasha and Ela_Hara said. It is what it is. I havent heard back and I know my message was sent in the same minute as my pledge because I had it up and already to go in a seperate window and have the email string from my activity. Had all my payment and address info saved in kickstarter for auto fill so pledging was as simple as 2 clicks, done. Click send on prefilled message, done. (Not my first rodeo with this because buying comicon tickets works the same way since they sell out almost immediately lol) but yea… backer number probably would have been more accurate time keeping wise since the messaging system flaked for a lot of folks. Leaves a big mess for melody to sort out that could have maybe been avoided. Lesson learned for next ttime… but hey… kinda a little proud in a way Melodys art is so loved we broke Kickstarter lol!

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
                                Participant

The Kickstarter page is still saying 199 backers but my “You pledged” email says that I am backer number 200 (yay). I got a “Sand” and a pink-eyed “Albino” though a couple of the Special dragons certainly were tempting!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.