fbpx

The 2012 Windstone Calendar Contest!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone The 2012 Windstone Calendar Contest!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    scenceable
    Participant

family reunion

This one is my favourite, the lighting is beautiful! All of the photos are gorgeous, I love the pintaloosa family and the tapestry is so well done! All of them are amazing, I have no idea how the judges will ever chose!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Okay, so I have my other two photos besides the Winter Blue Oriental… I took my other holy grail to work with me, stopping off a few places for photos… took about 40 and have narrowed it down to these two. So what do you guys think? I like the top one I think, but I also love how the eyes pop in the lower one.

If it snows like they say it is going to, I’m going to try and get one last one up ^_^

Photobucket

Photobucket

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
        Participant

The one on the rocks.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Megan
          Participant

Dragononfeathers, I like the top one. The eyes show up better in the bottom but the top one has such a lovely background for your beautiful male dragon. Yep, top one for me.

scenceable
            Participant

I like the top one a lot! but I think it would be better if you had a square or horizontally oriented photo since it would better fit the calendar. I know it’s an upright sculpture though 🙂

Bodine
              Participant

That is such a gorgeous dragon,no bad pics ever…..but I like the top one best so far.Waiting to see the one in snow,it should be amazing with his coloring.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Woot! Took lots of photos of my pearl griffin family in the snow this morning before it all melted! I had to run to work right after though, ( I had like NO TIME, I’m hoping there are actually some good shots caue I had to rush so much or I was going to be late) so I will post them when I get home.

On a side note… I should have probably prepared for that better… All the tags are all wrinkly now from melting snow absorbing into the them >_< Doh!

We were supposed to only get a dusting but to my surprise we got like 2 inches, but it was REALLY sunny this morning so I'm guessing by lunchtime it will be all gone. While I was driving to work, even the spots I took photos of the Tabby Male yesterday were already all melted so I couldn get any snow photos of him unfortunately like I wanted. Yea, thinking I will keep the top one for the Tabby Male… I'm hoping Windstone can crop the photos to be more square.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Zelda
                  Participant

I’d definitely pick the one on the rocks drag0n, although I think a dragon that pretty would look good with ANY background – heck even in pitch black! 🙂

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

Woot! Took lots of photos of my pearl griffin family in the snow this morning before it all melted!

LOL! I had the same idea this morning! I was JUST trying to figure a way of putting my Snow colored chick out in the yard without getting him wet. I procratinated with taking the autumn shots I wanted to do and now all the leaves are buried under 5 inches of snow. Serves me right for being lazy! I have lots of ideas, just need to get moving on them!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Woot! Took lots of photos of my pearl griffin family in the snow this morning before it all melted!

LOL! I had the same idea this morning! I was JUST trying to figure a way of putting my Snow colored chick out in the yard without getting him wet. I procratinated with taking the autumn shots I wanted to do and now all the leaves are buried under 5 inches of snow. Serves me right for being lazy! I have lots of ideas, just need to get moving on them!

Yea, if I was smart I would have wrapped the tags in little plastic baggies or something… in retro spec… I have little baggies JUST the right size I bet too that used to have little keychains in them >_< Serves me right for just rushing through it. I could have even prepped them lastnight, but I was too busy trying to pick out the photos fro the Tabby Dragon. I was GOING to get up early and do it, but I was so warm and snuggly in my bed I hit snooze for about a half an hour!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                        Participant

Photobucket
                          This is a Razorback Hog…#8/20

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Stephanie
                          Participant

Doubt any of mine will be picked but I wanted to have some fun too! 🙂 There are so many awesome ones here! Who ever gets to pick out the 12 or 13 pictures has a challenge in front of them!!!!!!!! 😀

“Alright, who did it?”
                            Photobucket

“Blue Eyes”
                            Photobucket

Zeppard Poad (TM) with a bunny my mother made out of an old jacket
                            “Friends”
                            Photobucket

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

JUST A REMINDER… tomorrow is the LAST day of this contest!! Please get your entries in by tomorrow night, and double check to make sure that they follow the rules (be extra careful about having text added in on top of the photo). PLEASE make sure that you only have THREE PHOTOS MAXIMUM in this thread.

If you have extra photos that you don’t want to enter, but want to share, hold on to them! Hold tight! This has been so awesome that I want to plan other contests in the future!! Also: I might make a thread, just for fun, that shows all of the photos everyone took. Let’s get this contest wrapped up, first, though. 🙂

I go to bed before midnight, so to be fair to everyone I will probably take entries until tuesday morning when I get up. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

I just went back over the entries, and I wanted to be clear: We’re not trying to be jerks, but photos with items that someone else owns the rights to, especially things like trademarked logos, brands, etc, will be disqualified!! This is just to cover ourselves, legally, since the photos will be published.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

I just went back over the entries, and I wanted to be clear: We’re not trying to be jerks, but photos with items that someone else owns the rights to, especially things like trademarked logos, brands, etc, will be disqualified!! This is just to cover ourselves, legally, since the photos will be published.

Jennifer I was wondering if this includes paintings. I wanted to take a few pictures of my Egyptian Windstones with my papyrus paintings I got in Egypt. There is no way to know who made them. I just bought them off the street from an artist in Aswan. He was a street artist and I felt so bad for him I payed double what he asked. Anywho didn’t know if that counted or not.

Oh and Drag0n I like the bottom snow picture!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 214 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.