fbpx

Tea aficionados

Home Forums Miscellany Food Tea aficionados

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Anyone here like their tea?

I have always drank tea… black, green, herbal.. you name it, i’ve probably tried it. Lately I’ve been trying some great herbal teas and decoctions from Mountain Rose Herbs (http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/index2.html) which are absolutely amazing. And a great price too. Although, there was one that I was not a fan of. Called Lapsang Souchong. It sounds absolutely amazing, but its too “smokey” flavored for me (anyone want it? free!).

What are your favorite teas?

dragonmedley
    Participant

Oh, it’s been so long since I’ve had Lapsang Souchong! I’d love some πŸ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I’ve always found chamomile tea to be very comforting. :yes:

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

Call me wierd, but I like the LApsong smokey flavor! My parents think something is burning when I drink it. πŸ˜›

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

my faves. Pu-er aged tea. I LOVE that stuff.
          Chrissanthimum.
          Black Apple tea, I love apple.
          Chammamile Green tea.
          Vannila sleepytime.
          Japanese Brown Rice Tea.

for starters…

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Call me wierd, but I like the LApsong smokey flavor! My parents think something is burning when I drink it. πŸ˜›

ok. yep! gonna call you weird. πŸ˜€ but in a good way, i’m sure! i dunno… just too strong for me! i love the smell of campfires but you know, just can’t seem to like it enough to drink a whole cup. :nea:

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

daydreamer wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

ok. yep! gonna call you weird. πŸ˜€ but in a good way, i’m sure! i dunno… just too strong for me! i love the smell of campfires but you know, just can’t seem to like it enough to drink a whole cup. :nea:
            HAHA, yeah, I totaly understand. It DEFINATELY tastes like a camp fire!

bayoudragon
            Participant

LOL…

A few of my faves:
              Long Life’s detox tea – it has a very balanced and soothing flavor compared to other detox teas
              rooibos
              yerba mate’ – some people say it tastes like tree… lol
              Bigelow’s blueberry harvest – which has been discontinued πŸ™„

LadyFirebird
              Participant

I just like tea and love the Mountain Rose site! They are great! I like the fruity and floral flavors although I’m not too fond of mint. I usually drink my tea unsweetened but will put a drop of stevia if I think it’s too bitter.

Let’s see:
                Chamomile Tea (sometimes with apple)
                English Breakfast Tea
                Sleepy Time Tea (Celestial Seasonings)
                Chinese Tea (the kind I get from a local Chinese restaurant)
                Green Tea
                Peach Iced Tea

I know, bor-ing…

I really need to try some new teas. I haven’t had hot tea in awhile, and now that it’s summer, all I want is diet iced tea. However, I’ll drink hot chocolate in the summer — *hee hee* I make no sense… πŸ˜†

I tried to drink both peppermint and fennel tea for my stomach, but they tasted nasty.
                Fennel is…well…fennel. (It’s in italian sausage)
                As for peppermint tea, it sort of tastes like menthol-infused pond scum. At least that’s how I remember it. :puke:

I probably shouldn’t say this, but you know what the smell of green tea reminds me of? — Caterpillar poop. 😈
                No, I’m serious! I used to capture and raise moth larvae as a child. Their poop smelled of digested leaves. (Or green tea)

bayoudragon
                Participant

Zephyr wrote:

I probably shouldn’t say this, but you know what the smell of green tea reminds me of? — Caterpillar poop. 😈
                  No, I’m serious! I used to capture and raise moth larva as a child. Their poop smelled of pre-digested leaves. (Or green tea)

Probably not a big difference between pre and post-digested. 😈 lol

But yes, I can see it (um, smell it)… I raised a few myself. 8)

Zephyr wrote:

No, I’m serious! I used to capture and raise moth larva as a child. Their poop smelled of pre-digested leaves. (Or green tea)

ewww! caterpillar poop! πŸ˜† haha… well, i’ve been always kind of off and on with green tea. jasmine green tea was the only tea i drank when i was pregnant and now i can’t quite get the taste for it again.

LadyFirebird wrote:

I just like tea and love the Mountain Rose site! They are great! I like the fruity and floral flavors although I’m not too fond of mint. I usually drink my tea unsweetened but will put a drop of stevia if I think it’s too bitter.

aren’t they wonderful?? i’ve never been much of a fan of mint either, but i can deal with their mint based teas like the Fairytale and Dream teas. My favorite ones right now are Dawn Chorus (green roiboos, nettle and rose petals), Ancient Forest (black) and Forest Blend (decoction of several roots and barks). :yum:

I’ve been stalking Steeps here in Edmonton lately… I’ve liked their Cranberry Apple (which totally tasted like cranberry apple cider, with a lot less sugar!), their Strawberry Kiwi, Mint Green Tea, and a few others that I just can’t remember their names.

I also like maple tea, canadian breakfast, and irish breakfast. I’ll drink just about anything if it’s tea though. πŸ˜€

bayoudragon wrote:

Probably not a big difference between pre and post-digested. 😈 lol

I apologize if that term did not make sense; I was tired last night. (I edited the post to make it more logical and changed “larva” to “larvae”) I wasn’t sure how to describe the scent, as it doesn’t smell like excrement; it just smells sort of musty. Acai berry juice has that same odor — does anyone here drink acai?

bayoudragon wrote:

But yes, I can see it (um, smell it)… I raised a few myself. 8)

That’s incredible! — I’m not the only one to raise moths and find that the scent of their droppings evokes that of green tea. See people, I’m not crazy! πŸ˜†

I’m not a huge fan of hot lemon tea; I prefer to drink it as iced tea. (I love lemonade as well) I tried some Mandarin Orange Spice tea (Celestial Seasonings) at a diner and I remember enjoying it at the time. Hmph, not very sophisticated… but that’s what’s great about sharing on a forum —> Now I have a list of exciting new teas to try. πŸ™‚

Great topic daydreamer!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.