fbpx

Tea aficionados

Home Forums Miscellany Food Tea aficionados

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Nina
    Participant

I love love love this brand http://www.gypsytea.com/ their caramel apple tea is soooooo good! I also love a good jasmine tea πŸ™‚ Stash tea makes some pretty good teas, and so does Prince of Peace, love their green teas.

etruscan
      Participant

Day after day I drink plain unsweetened Twinings black tea – English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, English Afternoon, or Prince of Wales, usually from tea bags (oh, no). From time to time I buy some flavored tea, but I quickly get tired of it.
        That said, Evolution’s Lavender Earl Gray is very good. So is Orange Blossom White from the Republic of Tea. The Republic of Tea website has many fruit/tea combinations, including blueberry, but it isn’t inexpensive. Their Blackberry Sage Decaf is also pretty good, which is a compliment because I don’t usually like decaffeinated tea. It always tastes incomplete, or watered down, or something. πŸ™

etruscan wrote:

Day after day I drink plain unsweetened Twinings black tea – English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, English Afternoon, or Prince of Wales, usually from tea bags (oh, no). From time to time I buy some flavored tea, but I quickly get tired of it.
        That said, Evolution’s Lavender Earl Gray is very good. So is Orange Blossom White from the Republic of Tea. The Republic of Tea website has many fruit/tea combinations, including blueberry, but it isn’t inexpensive. Their Blackberry Sage Decaf is also pretty good, which is a compliment because I don’t usually like decaffeinated tea. It always tastes incomplete, or watered down, or something. πŸ™

I love Twinings too — great stuff!
        Yes, I know, caffeine does have it’s own distinct flavor. Though I’ll drink herbal tea, I don’t care for caffeine-free soda at all.

Unrelated question: I used to own a Siamese cat that hated the smell of coffee; he would often try to bury it. πŸ˜†
        Does anyone else have a cat that does that?

Zephyr wrote:

Unrelated question: I used to own a Siamese cat that hated the smell of coffee; he would often try to bury it. πŸ˜†

Wow! what a crazy cat! 😈

daydreamer wrote:

Zephyr wrote:

Wow! what a crazy cat! 😈
        Yes I know! He also used to try and bury my mom’s ginseng pills. πŸ˜†

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Tea! I nearly missed this topic.

I drink a lot of tea from this site: http://www.specialteas.com/

I love rooibos (red) teas. They smell amazing and taste wonderful. If anyone has ever had any of the Mighty Leaf ‘African Amber” or “African Nectar” you have had it!
          I enjoy pretty much any light tea; green teas, white teas, etc. I like some darker teas too but I have to limit my black teas as caffiene hasn’t been agreeing with me lately and makes me jittery.

I also love herbal teas! I purchase them but I also make my own with hand-harvested wild plants. I have a great fondness for growing and finding elements I can then pick and dry for my own tea.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
          Participant

Oh gee….tea. Koishii can testify I’m a tea freak. I have TONS of tea, of all sorts. Green, Black, Red, Herbals, Chai, White, etc etc. My favorite changes from day to day, I love the wide range of flavor varieties.

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

purplecat wrote:

Oh gee….tea. Koishii can testify I’m a tea freak. I have TONS of tea, of all sorts. Green, Black, Red, Herbals, Chai, White, etc etc. My favorite changes from day to day, I love the wide range of flavor varieties.

It’s terrible when we are together going down the tea section of a store… πŸ˜€

LadyFirebird
              Participant

I do naughty things with Matcha green tea–the powdered stuff. I got mine from Mountain Rose and I put this in vanilla ice cream so I can enjoy green tea ice cream! Doesn’t take much–maybe 3 teaspoon to a half gallon and you can add more according to your taste–ice cream has to be almost like soup so you can mix it well. Refreeze and :yum:

Elena
                Participant

Tea Lovers!!! *cries in happiness*

I’ve been a tea lover since I was little and waaaaayyyy before it was cool. Steeps here in Calgary is a favorite haunt (though can become and expensive one 😈 )
                  Am more of a black tea fan but do drink just about anything. A few of my favorites…
                  Twinings – English Breakfast
                  – Irish Breakfast
                  – Lady Grey
                  – Black Currant
                  Bushranger – Steeps (African Rooibos)
                  Strawberry Rhubarb – Steeps. Prefect Chilled in the summer *yum*
                  Cinnamon Black – Ahmad Tea Company – I have to order this from the States since no one here carries it πŸ™„
                  Alberta Sunday Tea – Can’t find it again and Brother doesn’t remember where he got it (was a birthday present) *whine*
                  Tension Tamer – Celestial Seasonings
                  And tons more in my cupboard! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Elena
                  Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Tea! I nearly missed this topic.

I drink a lot of tea from this site: http://www.specialteas.com/

I love rooibos (red) teas. They smell amazing and taste wonderful. If anyone has ever had any of the Mighty Leaf ‘African Amber” or “African Nectar” you have had it!
                    I enjoy pretty much any light tea; green teas, white teas, etc. I like some darker teas too but I have to limit my black teas as caffiene hasn’t been agreeing with me lately and makes me jittery.

I also love herbal teas! I purchase them but I also make my own with hand-harvested wild plants. I have a great fondness for growing and finding elements I can then pick and dry for my own tea.

I’ve made my own when camping…
                    Pine Needle – you need the young needles and it’s best in spring. Oh and remeber to strain the needles out 😈
                    Winter Green
                    Sage
                    Strawberry – Can’t remember how we made that… but it was yummy!

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

I loove tea too! I usually list it in my hobbies if anyone asks LOL Ive got a book or two on it, a…O.O oh gosh, brain malfunction….its a strainer but its spoon like-you put the tea in it and it closes up-its a little wire mesh ball, and you put that into hot water and it steeps your tea. Anyway, and a cup you put your loose tea into, add hot water, and let it sit. When it has steeped long enough, you put it over your cup and it drains into your mug. Pretty nifty! There is a store in my local mall called Teavana (http://www.teavana.com) that sells loose tea, and very expensive (and some very beautiful or heavy) tea sets. The atmosphere in the store is kinda like Starbucks. I like their Japaneese Cherry tea best. I havent been in there in ages. My ex bf’s family used to give me teavana gift cards for birthdays and such. Ive got a beautiful Japanese style tea cup that reminds me of the sky that I got there. I like black teas, green and white in that order.

Nam, hats off to you, but personally, the red tea I tried tasted like dead grass/hay. It had a happy lion sipping a cup of tea on the box, with the sarenghetti in the background. I always thought it tasted like the saranghetti lol but thats just me. My FAVORITE is green rice sun tea. A Korean friend of mine had some once. I like my tea sweet, and I added some sugar to it. She was amazed and had never thought of putting sugar in it lol

My best friend Joel and I have a thing going where if one of us finds a new tea or something strange and delicious, we wave it in the other’s face for a little while when we visit…but usually offer some before leaving lol He taunted me with the Lipton tea pyramids for about a week or two though when they first came out. I dont remember what flavor it was but it was sooo good! Like a strawberry jelly black tea flaor. I’ll have to find out what it was.

bayoudragon
                      Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

Nam, hats off to you, but personally, the red tea I tried tasted like dead grass/hay. It had a happy lion sipping a cup of tea on the box, with the sarenghetti in the background. I always thought it tasted like the saranghetti lol but thats just me.

Oh god no… :puke: … that’s Cesetial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla red tea. Again, it deserves another one of these —> :puke:

I LOVE red tea, but that one is just plain NAS-TY… in my little humble opinion. Sorry, if anyone happens to like that one. 😳 Alvita makes a good one, and Tazo has a decent one as well. Again, my humble little opinion. πŸ˜†

etruscan
                        Participant

Well … I haven’t yet found a red tea that I like. It tastes too sweet, in my opinion. WolfenMachine mentioned Teavana. There is a store in a mall near me and I enjoy going in there, but the only thing I buy is their “Lavender Dreams” (white tea with lavender). That stuff is GOOD. πŸ˜€

Purplecat
                          Participant

I’m a big “Republic of Tea” brand fan…their red teas are pretty good. I also hated the celestial seasonings lion on the box red tea…..SO badly I nearly never tried red tea again, but I did thankfully.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.