fbpx

Tea aficionados

Home Forums Miscellany Food Tea aficionados

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Interesting – I get the Republic of Tea catalogs and order a variety of things, but I have avoided the red tea. In fact, they included a free red tea sample with a catalog and I threw it away without trying it (the only sample that I have tossed). Perhaps I will be brave and try the next one. πŸ™‚

Zelda
      Participant

Mmmm tea! I used to amuse myself by buying a new box of tea every time I went to the Asian grocery store. Since most of the label wasn’t in English, it would be a surprise! I love anything with bergamont in it, so I love the Constant Comment (it comes in green tea, too!) and Twinings’ Earl and Lady Gray teas. Ten Ren makes a delicious jasmine green tea that they don’t sell around here, so I treasure whenever my mom ships me a box. My standard everyday tea is boring though: plain old Red Rose black tea πŸ™‚ I dabble in other teas though, especially those from http://www.adagio.com (nice selection of herbals!).

I started drinking tea in earnest when I was in college. I didn’t have a car, and the nearest bus stop was too far away to lug big jugs of juice and soda back from the supermarket. So tea it was; lightweight and tasty!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Hannah
        Participant

Now I want some tea.. but it’s much too late for it! Going to have to make some with breakfast πŸ˜€

My favorite herbal tea has always been Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings. It’s always cracked me up that it has catnip in it πŸ˜†
          I also love any lemon tea – I Love Lemon Tea, Lemon Zinger, you name it! I love it.

Chai is fantastic with a little bit of milk and just the right amount of sweet, and Earl Gray is great when it tastes more fruity than herby.. I don’t know how to explain it well but I do know that Stash Earl Gray tastes more.. what I think of as “herby”, and Tazo (I think) tastes more fruity.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Mmm Tea, my Fav above all others is licorice tea, which is oddly what i am drinking right now, i love it. But I HATE tea bags, LOL, but I love the new Keurig machine because it has a my k-cup so i can use loose leaf teas now! If I am sick I like to mix peppermint and licorice teas. We have teas from here http://www.banffteaco.com/ and here http://www.theteaemporium.com/ the peppermint from these guys is awesome!! Hubby also got spearmint, he likes it, its to sweet for me.

Kelly
          Participant

Hey, I know this thread has died down a bit. But, I noticed no one had mentioned mightyleaf tea. They have everything.
            http://www.mightyleaf.com/index.cfm
            From black to white, greens and herbals. My favorite hearbal from them is Chamomile Citrus.
            http://www.mightyleaf.com/product/chamomile-citrus-herbal-tea-pouches/
            I’m about to try some of their samplers. I like the Irish Breakfast tea from Dublin Co. So, I’m curious how Mighty leaf’s will be. πŸ˜€

Purplecat
            Participant

I love all sorts of tea…but I collect “Republic of Tea” brand teas…they taste really good, and I like that they come in larger quantities (36-50 sachets per tin, versus 20 in most tea boxes of other brands).

Plus…they make a nice display on the back of our stove… http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rItlWjdWVDw/TRZv4O4v8rI/AAAAAAAAAM4/QFrxFinzX2A/s1600/100_0223.JPG

Kelly
              Participant

LOL, very cool. Never considered decorating with the tea. It works! πŸ˜€

etruscan
                Participant

I recently revisited the Simpson and Vail website. They have tea and coffee, but I currently am looking at their botanicals – lavender, rose petals, linden and lots of other things. I’m thinking potpourri, but some might wind up in a tea cup too.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

crowfeather wrote:

Hey, I know this thread has died down a bit. But, I noticed no one had mentioned mightyleaf tea. They have everything.

I mentioned them, just didn’t link to ’em. πŸ™‚ Their blends are delicious, but expensive… I have learned to make them on my own for less (since I enjoy loose leaf tea anyhow).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

Jennifer wrote:

crowfeather wrote:

I mentioned them, just didn’t link to ’em. πŸ™‚ Their blends are delicious, but expensive… I have learned to make them on my own for less (since I enjoy loose leaf tea anyhow).
                      what do you use as a strainer, do you make yours by cup or in a pot?

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

crowfeather wrote:

what do you use as a strainer, do you make yours by cup or in a pot?

I use these: http://www.teavana.com/Tea-Products/Tea-Makers-Infusers/Bamboo-Handle-Tea-Strainer.axd
                        You can get them in a lot of places, if you have an Asian market nearby I’m sure you can find these and many others. πŸ™‚
                        Mesh ball infusers also work well.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Ugh! I am so disappointed. My favorite site, specialteas, got bought out by teavana and they don’t carry anything that I want. Does anyone know of a good place to get rooibos that isn’t blended with anything?

etruscan
                          Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Ugh! I am so disappointed. My favorite site, specialteas, got bought out by teavana and they don’t carry anything that I want. Does anyone know of a good place to get rooibos that isn’t blended with anything?

I haven’t tried it, but Simpson and Vail http://www.svtea.com has plain rooibos. I have liked other things I got from them.

bayoudragon
                            Participant

My sister had bought me some pure rooibos from Alvita one Christmas. I really liked it. Sometimes, they will carry this brand at local health food stores here. It’s probably cheaper if you can find it locally.

Alvita brand rooibos

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

Thank you both! I think the first link is probably going to be what I go with; I appreciate your link bayoudragon but I need loose leaf tea. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.