Some Art Pieces

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Some Art Pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

A newly-finished piece appears!

20210728_162711

20210728_162614

20210728_162931

This was a test paint to try out the color shift glitter I got and an application process that doesn’t destroy the large flakes.
      It also has a layer of holographic glitter for a little extra sparkle.

Overall it came out really nice and is for sale, $45 shipped if you’re in the US.

etruscan
      Participant

Amazing work on a piece that small!

Mika
        Participant

Thank you. The color shift looks really spectacular in person; I’m excited to use it on larger pieces in the future.

Mika
          Participant

I picked up the supplies I need to make silicone molds for resin figures and started on a figure.

20210801_173530

Tiny toezies!

Just a sneak peek for now. It’s coming along very well and should be done by the weekend.

Bodine
            Participant

Very nice Mika💖

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Mika
              Participant

Thank you.:)

The right side has been trimmed down and the feet were redone. It looks much nicer now.

20210803_173429

The mane is now my main focus now.

Mika
                Participant

The draggo is finished and ready for casting!

20210812_192252

20210812_192243

It’s been a long time since I made a figure in clay. It came out pretty well imo all things considered. I made sure that its eyes were placed well so it looks forward properly.

Mika
                  Participant

20210815_093850

My legion of Ligons! They’re discussing what to have for lunch.

All of them came out with flaws and need some epoxy sculpt and sanding before I can start painting. I’m going to redo the figure so the next round comes out better. Because of all the issues with them, these six are going to be considered prototypes and more won’t be made.

etruscan
                    Participant

Very cute little critters. If we never hear from you again we will know what they decided to have for lunch. 😉

Mika
                      Participant

Thanks.:) It’s oddly satisfying to see a figure I worked on from scratch get replicated, flaws and all.

Mika
                        Participant

Aaaand! A Ligon has been completed!

20210907_140649

He’s painted with mood ring paint so I’ve nicknamed him Big Mood.

I really liked how the horns came out so I grabbed a tiny horse figure and painted it with the same color shift glitter.

Mika
                          Participant

This was done a little while ago, but lighting wasn’t good enough to get a decent photo until now.
                            Presenting Suspended Animation!

20211111_142532

20211111_142722

The gold decoration was made using mica, which I’m not going to do again because it was a huge mess!
                            I used a few color shift glitters around the border for a nice rainbow effect. In the end I prepared way too much glitter mix so I used the rest on another piece that will eventually get done.

Mika
                            Participant

Little question for folks: what white paint do you use on your pieces?

I’ve been using Folkart titanium white (I think; at work rn so can’t double-check) on my PYOs and it just doesn’t like to play nicely with the gypsum, but it’s been the best white from the ones I’ve tried. Maybe there’s a different brand that I’ve overlooked that works a lot better? I’d like to work on some light-colored pieces without fighting to apply a nice coat of white paint.

Mika
                              Participant

When I went to Hobby Lobby today I found this set of resin additives for $15. This is an absolute steal of a package if you’re looking for this kind of thing! It says out of stock online for now. Located in the glitter section in stores.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Glitter/Assorted-Glitter-Resin-Additives/p/81039706

Mika
                                Participant

I read that Michaels is just now getting in a bunch of out of season merch that was delayed due to the shipping issues going on. When I went to check out my local store they had a whole aisle blocked off with boxes and boxes of unopened Christmas stuff!
                                  There weren’t any Halloween or fall items but I did read that those were also arriving.

Christmas is currently 75% off and Halloween/fall is a whopping 90% if you can find it.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.