fbpx

Some Art Pieces

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Some Art Pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

Thank you.:) She’s probably dealt with a lot of mischievous baby dragons if the color of her fur is any indicator.

Mika
      Participant

The holiday season is here so I made a few ornaments!

20191217_121300

20191217_121341

These two are metal cut-outs that I painted with automotive paint that I custom-made at work. They’re very shiny and sparkly irl, which my camera just can’t capture properly.

20191216_123137

These are silly ornaments I made from leftover worm-on-a-strings that I bought for a gag gift.

pipsxlch
        Participant

Fuzzy ornaments! The two metal cutouts are beautiful, but the Fuzzy Balls make me smile.

etruscan
          Participant

The fox is really nice!

Mika
            Participant

Thank you! Sorry for the belated reply.

Finished another ornament. It’s a ceramic ornament that I painted to make it look like a cookie. The sprinkles don’t look very realistic but they were the only ones I could find. For a while I couldn’t find them anywhere, not in craft stores or on ebay.

20191227_131354

Mika
              Participant

I found some new (at least new to me) varnishes at Hobby Lobby the other day. They’re called Irridescent Varnish and Galaxy Varnish.
                Irridescent varnish comes in violet and turquoise. Galaxy varnish has different sizes of holographic or silver glitter in it; can’t tell exact color through the bottle. They’re $10 for 8 fl oz so not too bad, especially if you use a coupon.

Just in case anybody was interested in trying out something new and sparkly on their art pieces.

Mika
                Participant

Finished a little galaxy fox today! The camera didn’t pick up the galaxy along its back but that’s nothing new by now.

20200322_163526

20200322_163631

Tried out the galaxy varnish on it and it gives a nice sparkle. I still think the glitter varnish I can make on my own is a little better overall due to how much glitter I have, but if you rather just work with pre-made stuff the varnish will work out well.
                  It has a little (plastic) rhinestone moon on its forehead and I didn’t forget about the glitter to identify which family it’s in.
                  The large spots also glow in the dark (still don’t like dealing with that GITD stuff… far too gritty for my taste).

sherry10151982
                  Participant

Awwwwww!! I want him!!!! You’re so creative!!!

Mika
                    Participant

One more little critter finished.

20200330_112930

20200330_113651

Another pearl/white unicorn… I really like painting them that color for some reason…
                      It has uv-reactive glitter on it, but the weather has been bad lately so no outside photo to show it off.
                      The rhinestones are a bit big for it, but all the craft stores are closed so I used what I had.
                      The horn also got foiled a little with some leftover scraps.

Ansel
                      Participant

I love these small creatures, the unicorn hair must have taken a good while, especially rolling each lock.

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

Super cute!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Mika
                          Participant

Thank you!

Ansel, the small critters were made by DemiurgasDreams over on Etsy. They have a lot of small PYO figures.

Karina
                            Participant

Very cool with the Ice / Artic images.

V/R

Mika
                              Participant

A small little project is in the works.

20200513_140646

Fixing up this little paper mache box to look like a cake. White and pastel/rainbow colors are a bit of a weak spot for me. Waiting on some artificial strawberries to arrive before continuing. Also need to look into getting some fake whipped topping from somewhere.

sherry10151982
                                Participant

That is super creative and cute! Makes a one of a kind gift box that would be the envy of everyone! Good job!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 136 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.