Some Art Pieces

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Some Art Pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

Welcome back to another episode of Mika’s Craft Store Report. As always YMMV but Hobby Lobby has the small bottles of craft paint for 30% off, clearance on high quality art markers and various beads/pendants.
      Also 50% off their store brand brushes if you were interested in adding to your paint brush collection.

Mika
      Participant

I just finished a DIY kit today!

20220218_125949

20220306_183120

20220306_183221

Photos are the instruction booklet with an example of what it’s supposed to look like, the finished piece, and the finished piece lit up.
        I made some modifications to mine either because I had a had a material I wanted to use or I needed to cover up an “oops” spot.

etruscan
        Participant

Very cute! I’m not familiar with these kits. Is the background printed in each box half and then you add things from the kit to make the rest of the scene?

Mika
          Participant

Very cute! I’m not familiar with these kits. Is the background printed in each box half and then you add things from the kit to make the rest of the scene?

For these ones in particular the backgrounds and any other paper part are printed in the booklet and you cut them out as needed. There’s very little room for error since everything is so small.
            Everything comes as parts and you follow the instructions to make buildings/structures/etc and put it together. If you don’t plan on deviating from the instructions it only requires small scissors, an exacto, liquid glue, and a glue stick.

Mika
            Participant

Another DIY kit’s done, which means another round of poorly-taken photos of it! Yay!

20220327_174634

20220327_174158

Close-up-ish photos of the interior of the piece:

20220327_174324

20220327_174301

It’s a little house that doubles as a lantern. Sadly it doesn’t light up as the batteries are dead and I don’t have any replacements.
              Some of the original design was modified since a couple pieces were just way too small to properly cut out or I needed to hide some ugly spots.

Mika
              Participant

In the event that anyone is looking to buy some more art supplies (because, ya know, you might need that obscure shade of green one day) Utrecht/Blick’s is having a sale right now. Their store-brand stuff is the most discounted.
                This is the link to their paint section but there’s other stuff on sale like polymer clay and brushes.

https://www.utrechtart.com/search/?tag=paint-promo

Mika
                Participant

Here’s another pair of DIY kits I put together recently.

20221112_170338

20221111_182426

20221111_182557

This one I made a number of modifications with because some of the pieces were a huge pain to put together due to their size.
                  I’m glad the lighting system worked with this one because it’s otherwise really difficult to see all the details.

Mika
                  Participant

I sewed a little silkie chicken pin cushion. The head poof didn’t come out how I wanted so I made a new pattern piece for it and am gonna give it another go over the weekend or next week.

20230111_160742

20230111_160640

etruscan
                    Participant

Very cute chicken!

Mika
                      Participant

Welcome back to the sporadic Craft Store Report! Today’s Report is that Michael’s has the Decoart Enchanted paints on Clearance (currently $2, regular price $3.49). Some Decoart Pure paint is also on Clearance ($2, regular price $3.99). Other reported Clearance items include Decoart Neon paints, Craftsmart Premium matte metallic paint, Anchor brand embroidery thread and wool, and much more paint than I can list here.
                        As always Your Mileage May Vary!
                        Thank you for tuning into the Craft Store Report and Happy Hunting!

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Here’s another pair of DIY kits I put together recently.

20221112_170338

20221111_182426

20221111_182557

This one I made a number of modifications with because some of the pieces were a huge pain to put together due to their size.
                          I’m glad the lighting system worked with this one because it’s otherwise really difficult to see all the details.

Oh, I like that first one!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Mika
                          Participant

A very belated thank you!

I haven’t had much time to work on DIY kits or PYOs because of work. Instead I’ve been doing some thread craft stuff during my down time at work. These two were worked on at the same time; the sea life bookmark is for a friend and the other bookmark was made using excess threads from previous projects.

20230417_112215

AAAANNNDDD I went to Michaels and saw that the Artist Loft level 3 heavy body paints are on clearance! The smaller tubes were marked down to $5 (or $7) and the larger tubes were $9. There were some other odds and ends on clearance in the paint aisle so deffo worth checking out.

Mika
                            Participant

Hello again. Local reporter Mika is back with another Craft Store Report!

When I was at Michaels a few days ago I saw this turntable on clearance for $10! It’s marketed for paint spinning and pouring but it is more than big enough to hold a Windstone PYO figure. It has a fairly smooth surface so it won’t scratch off the paint if you have to move the figure around.

Mileage will vary as to whether or not it’s in your store, but it might be worth checking out anyways.

sdfvdf

Also I finished a cross stitch kit and found the perfect frame for it.

20230704_120513

20230707_142206

Lastly… Funky Chicken plush.

20230703_141455

etruscan
                              Participant

The little cross stitch bird is lovely (and the frame looks great with it).

Mika
                                Participant

Thanks! The bird is from a small series so once I finish the others I bought I’m going to frame them too. It may end up being a while since I have a bunch of other items to finish first.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 136 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.