fbpx

So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

The only tough thing I foresee about messaging about your favorite dragon is that so many people will want the same one and it will turn into hours and hours of messaging back and forth on Windstone’s part. The live streams were chaos but at least it got a lot of selecting done in a small period of time. Perhaps having as many of the “grab bag style” dragons done ahead of time before the kickstarter goes live along with going by backer number would be the most streamline way for folks to make selections that would also be the easiest for Windstone. .Ex, backer number 1 gets to pick 1st, followed by backer 2, backer 3, etc. The only troublesome thing is waiting for responses from the backers in a timely manner. I suppose it all sounds good in theory but after about an hour of that it would find a way to also become mayhem.

Too bad there wasn’t an easier way of just putting a high resolution image in the store with a live link on each photo and folks could buy them right off of the image and then once one was sold it was greyed out or something. Similar to the special select grab bag cougars but on a much larger scale.

I do also like the idea of some Kickstarter exclusive colors. Sounds fun.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
      Keymaster

The only tough thing I foresee about messaging about your favorite dragon is that so many people will want the same one and it will turn into hours and hours of messaging back and forth on Windstone’s part. The live streams were chaos but at least it got a lot of selecting done in a small period of time. Perhaps having as many of the “grab bag style” dragons done ahead of time before the kickstarter goes live along with going by backer number would be the most streamline way for folks to make selections that would also be the easiest for Windstone. .Ex, backer number 1 gets to pick 1st, followed by backer 2, backer 3, etc. The only troublesome thing is waiting for responses from the backers in a timely manner. I suppose it all sounds good in theory but after about an hour of that it would find a way to also become mayhem.

Too bad there wasn’t an easier way of just putting a high resolution image in the store with a live link on each photo and folks could buy them right off of the image and then once one was sold it was greyed out or something. Similar to the special select grab bag cougars but on a much larger scale.

I do also like the idea of some Kickstarter exclusive colors. Sounds fun.

I was planning to go by message order, rather than backer number for claiming dragons because if backer number 4 (for example) doesn’t quickly choose one, everybody else in the queue will have to wait for them. That would be a nightmare.
        I wish there was some kind of interactive group Pic I could use to sell individual things! There isn’t any way to do that, that I know of.

Kim
        Blocked

I found this picture of some more of the dragons online. I like colour combos like these too!

dragons_by_reptangle_dd9kh0i-fullview

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

MELODY WROTE: “I was planning to go by message order, rather than backer number for claiming dragons because if backer number 4 (for example) doesn’t quickly choose one, everybody else in the queue will have to wait for them. That would be a nightmare.
            I wish there was some kind of interactive group Pic I could use to sell individual things! There isn’t any way to do that, that I know of.”

Maybe the best way would be to repost photos with X’d out, or ‘Claimed’ written over the dragons. Perhaps on a weekly basis or something like twice weekly at the beginning, when a large number might be claimed at first. Then you wouldn’t need to keep taking updated photographs and backers can view the ones that remain ‘open’ to claim.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

Wow! They look amazing! I am anxious for these nameless dragons!

I just wanted to add something about people changing their minds about their choice and swapping them for different dragons half way through selection. A part of me is like ya, let them, within reason. 80% of me says no because let’s say person A picks dragon 32…. 5 other people want dragon 32 so they pick the next best thing…half way through selection, person A releases dragon 32 and picks something else…those 5 other people are no longer watching and their top choice just became available. If I were one of those 5 people and found out later that my favourite one became available after the fact, I know i would be really disappointed. I feel like it’s allowing person A to “reserve them until something better comes along” that way they can pick a whole bunch with no intention of keeping all of them, and it just ensures that they get the best of the best without committing. Does that make sense to anyone? I remember this happening with the Poads, and I didnt agreee with it then either. Unless im not understanding how this one will run, if different than the first. Kidstarter is kinda foreign to me. The Poads were my first experience with ks.

I also agree the selection order should be by message and not by backer number.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

LZ
              Participant

Ah ha! We finally see the left side! 😉

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

LZ
                Participant

Wow! They look amazing! I am anxious for these nameless dragons!

I just wanted to add something about people changing their minds about their choice and swapping them for different dragons half way through selection. A part of me is like ya, let them, within reason. 80% of me says no because let’s say person A picks dragon 32…. 5 other people want dragon 32 so they pick the next best thing…half way through selection, person A releases dragon 32 and picks something else…those 5 other people are no longer watching and their top choice just became available. If I were one of those 5 people and found out later that my favourite one became available after the fact, I know i would be really disappointed. I feel like it’s allowing person A to “reserve them until something better comes along” that way they can pick a whole bunch with no intention of keeping all of them, and it just ensures that they get the best of the best without committing. Does that make sense to anyone? I remember this happening with the Poads, and I didnt agreee with it then either. Unless im not understanding how this one will run, if different than the first. Kidstarter is kinda foreign to me. The Poads were my first experience with ks.

I also agree the selection order should be by message and not by backer number.

Exactly. Letting people change their minds is unfair to everyone else involved.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

I agree with first message as well. Backer number isn’t fair because it excludes people who join later, either because they didn’t know or they weren’t sure they would be able to participate.
                    I also agree with not being to changing your mind and swap out. Be prepared to keep the one you pick. You are defintly getting one you like, so no one can complain they don’t like their dragon. If at the end you find one you like better you can always trade for it, or if it hasn’t been claimed maybe then you could swap out. But no swapsies will help streamline this for Susie and Windstone.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

BigCatKeeper
                    Participant

I found this picture of some more of the dragons online. I like colour combos like these too!

dragons_by_reptangle_dd9kh0i-fullview

That was the pictures I was remembering! Thanks for digging it up, Kim. The one in the middle is to die for!

And Angelika, you perfectly articulated my feelings on why swapping can be especially problematic. It would be amazing to switch in an ideal situation (i.e., being the only buyer) but when so many others are also involved, the con’s just outweigh the pro’s. Both for other buys and for the Windstone staff. Luckily, the community here is active and communicative enough that swapping afterwards is still an option.

etruscan
                      Participant

I’ve been thinking about the new dragon’s name-to-be, and although I DO like “Treasure Keeper”, I feel like it doesn’t quite fit…Secret Keepers have a front paw up…Mini Keepers have a front paw up…see where I’m going with this? The Keeper dragons should all be “keeping” something, shouldn’t they? Just my thoughts on the matter 🙂

Well, he is going to be guarding a glass sphere tucked under his body. Presumably he plans on keeping it.

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Message number would work if there was an actual time stamp or something like that, I wasn’t aware of their messaging system having features like that but I suppose that would make sense for them to have some sort of feature like that so you know who claimed what first.

I also love that dragon in the center of that threesome <3 Very cool color combination. I’m going to need to claim about a dozen of these guys by the looks of it. LOL! I ended up with 23 Poads by the end of the last Kickstarter. I wonder if I can break that previous record! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

Nestling Keeper or Nessling Keeper. Since the sphere looks like an egg.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

StormDancer
                            Participant

Well perhaps Mystic Keeper might work since he has kept his name a mystery for so long!

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

I believe that the Kickstarter messages do have a date and time stamp when you post them. And for those who don’t know, KS messages can be sent directly to the Artist (and visa versa), or posted within the Kickstarter’s ‘Comments’ section (or it may be entitled ‘Community’?) where everyone sees them and can respond to them.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

Mystery Keeper? Arcane Keeper?

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.