fbpx

So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what’s next on the schedule? (Part 4 NEW for 2020)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 903 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

I found this picture of some more of the dragons online. I like colour combos like these too!

dragons_by_reptangle_dd9kh0i-fullview

That was the pictures I was remembering! Thanks for digging it up, Kim. The one in the middle is to die for!

And Angelika, you perfectly articulated my feelings on why swapping can be especially problematic. It would be amazing to switch in an ideal situation (i.e., being the only buyer) but when so many others are also involved, the con’s just outweigh the pro’s. Both for other buys and for the Windstone staff. Luckily, the community here is active and communicative enough that swapping afterwards is still an option.

Ah, this may be the pic I remembered- thanks Kim! Ahhhhhh I really really like the one on the left. Though how my head twisted it into Serpentine… eye roll.

I agree with the other posters here. Allowing swapping would just make it too difficult for everyone, and feed into hurt feelings. If you aren’t sure of the dragon you’re looking at, don’t claim it. If class pics are posted beforehand (did I understand Ms. Melody correctly that there would be class pics?), then you should have a fair idea what you want going in. If it isn’t your cuppa when it arrives, then trade it.

Now if I could only wrap my stupid brain around messaging!

whisker hunter west
      Participant

Like Ela_Hara said, there are two message systems on Kickstarter: private messages and open comments.

The “comment” system on the Kickstarter page is like Windstone’s forum, where everyone can see what you wrote and any replies from the KS artist. The direct message system is like Windstone’s PM system, private between you and the artist. Both are day/year stamped, I’m not sure about hour/minute, but they do stack “in order” of time of receipt.

StormDancer, I like your idea! Also “Mystic Dragon” or “Young Mystic Dragon” would be appropriate.

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

pipsxlch
        Participant

Okay, glad I thought to check before I needed to. I just went to sign in to Kickstarter, tried both my emails (I had to use both during the last Kickstarter), and it says it knows no such emails. WTF??!?
          I grant you I may well- likely did- forget the passwords, but those are the only 2 emails I’ve ever had. It should let me retrieve passwords via the emails. And I supported another KS at the same time as Windstone’s, both worked fine other than having to make a separate donation with the second email when i wanted to up my reward with Windstone’s, it wouldn’t let me add to the existing donation. I haven’t been on the website since.

Brianna
          Participant

Hello everyone. I’ve never participated in a Kickstarter before. Where do I go to create an account? I don’t want to miss out on these amazing dragons! 🙂

etruscan
            Participant

Hello everyone. I’ve never participated in a Kickstarter before. Where do I go to create an account? I don’t want to miss out on these amazing dragons! 🙂

https://www.kickstarter.com

Brianna
              Participant

Thank you so much etruscan!

pipsxlch
                Participant

GAH! I hate computers! Tried to submit a contact for help, but it won’t accept it because it says my email DOESN’T EXIST! I think I know my own email thank you!

Courtney
                  Participant

Probably means your email doesn’t exist in their systems. (You have not successfully created an account with them).

Kickstarter wouldn’t be saying “your email doesn’t exist at all in the digital world”.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Melody
                    Keymaster

Maybe swapping dragons can be done privately between people during the KS, before we ship the dragons. You could let us know that you and someone else have agreed to swap your chosen dragons. I hate to make people pay extra shipping if we can avoid it.

StormDancer
                      Participant

Perhaps there can be a swap out period at the very end. Like the last week before shipping.
                        What’s left can be put up in grids like Susie did on the last KS and people can choose to swap at that point instead of it being an ongoing thing throughout the entire process. And perhaps limit the amount of swaps through Susie to 1 or 2 swaps per person.

Looking for:
                        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Melody
                        Keymaster

Perhaps there can be a swap out period at the very end. Like the last week before shipping.
                          What’s left can be put up in grids like Susie did on the last KS and people can choose to swap at that point instead of it being an ongoing thing throughout the entire process. And perhaps limit the amount of swaps through Susie to 1 or 2 swaps per person.

The problem with letting people un-claim dragons and have a free for all swap is that it would cause a cascading swap effect.
                          For example, a bright pink dragon is un-claimed and someone else grabs it and un-claims the less-bright-pink one they had settled for -and then the next person wants to swap their blue one for the less-bight-pink one that just became available, and so on. It could be a real mess, but reciprocal trades between people might be possible to accommodate.
                          I am still thinking this through.

Kim
                          Blocked

I like the idea of swapping before shipping if possible. In the last Kickstarter I put a couple poads back others wanted that they snapped up and I arranged a couple of my poads to go to someone else before shipping and it worked out fine.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
                            Participant

The problem with letting people un-claim dragons and have a free for all swap is that it would cause a cascading swap effect.
                              For example, a bright pink dragon is un-claimed and someone else grabs it and un-claims the less-bright-pink one they had settled for -and then the next person wants to swap their blue one for the less-bight-pink one that just became available, and so on. It could be a real mess, but reciprocal trades between people might be possible to accommodate.

Ah good point. I’m sure you’ll work something out. You always do great!

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

LZ
                              Participant

I would not unsnap a bright pink one. Just saying! 😀

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Melody
                                Keymaster

I like the idea of swapping before shipping if possible. In the last Kickstarter I put a couple poads back others wanted that they snapped up and I arranged a couple of my poads to go to someone else before shipping and it worked out fine.

yeah, that worked.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 903 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.