fbpx

Show Your Collection Version: 11

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show Your Collection Version: 11

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    Celestial Rainstorm
    Participant

What a gorgeous griffin! I love anything owl, and this is just a stunning piece

Finding happiness again.

Nightcrow
      Participant

Thanks; I am delighted with her! (You should commission your own owl-themed griffin from Siberakh… /shameless plug for the artist)

I love Barn Owls particularly, because one was resident for many years in my grandmother’s barn when I was a child and I just loved catching glimpses of it! (And teaching my cousins to pick apart the pellets for tiny bones… I was *that* kind of kid!) For some reason I just had the Barn Owl x dilute tortie combo leap into my brain and refuse to go away; I even tried to paint it myself, but my skill level wasn’t up to it. I’m so glad I found someone with the skill to pull it off!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Celestial Rainstorm
        Participant

Thanks; I am delighted with her! (You should commission your own owl-themed griffin from Siberakh… /shameless plug for the artist)

I love Barn Owls particularly, because one was resident for many years in my grandmother’s barn when I was a child and I just loved catching glimpses of it! (And teaching my cousins to pick apart the pellets for tiny bones… I was *that* kind of kid!) For some reason I just had the Barn Owl x dilute tortie combo leap into my brain and refuse to go away; I even tried to paint it myself, but my skill level wasn’t up to it. I’m so glad I found someone with the skill to pull it off!

Y’know I should. She’s got some amazing talent!

Finding happiness again.

Natasha
          Participant

This little lady arrived today – she will be good company for my Gothic Uni Fawn Test Paint. I love her little muzzle!

photo 4053D373-F65B-4625-96A7-53C359BEC143_zpsb1kbbbjf.jpg

photo F4B85E51-FD87-455B-980D-E91CD3B4FB77_zpshwkoop2y.jpg

photo CF1D286C-398D-4EEA-8964-37F02B295B4F_zpspolygjrv.jpg

photo B179ADD0-440D-4D6F-9380-A14948B8227F_zps3ry10jnc.jpg

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Betrluk1
            Participant

what a cutie!

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

Natasha!! I am shocked!! Your GBB is neither Halloween-themed or Fantasy!!! Who are you?! And what have you done with our Natasha??? Hahaha! I can hardly blame you; just look at that face!!!! Great grab! Post pics with the gothic πŸ™‚

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Natasha
                Participant

Natasha!! I am shocked!! Your GBB is neither Halloween-themed or Fantasy!!! Who are you?! And what have you done with our Natasha??? Hahaha! I can hardly blame you; just look at that face!!!! Great grab! Post pics with the gothic πŸ™‚

HAHAHAHA, right? She is not Halloweenish, but I have a soft spot for deer!

photo 134E334D-DA1E-453C-B6CA-13F49461973D_zps5pzux3xf.jpg

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Jennifer did some beautiful Griffins, but her Flame Point is my all-time favorite too; he’s exquisite. It’s hopeless pining for him, but I might try talking you out of that hot pink Young Uni someday. Guess who has the Caribbean Sunset Spectral? πŸ˜‰

And guess who has the Caribbean Sunset rising spectral? πŸ˜‰ Once I get moved, I can’t wait to unpack my collection and take pictures. I’ve tried to leave my more favorite pieces out where I can enjoy them.
                    Drag0nfeathers, can you put me in your will? lol It seems we have the same taste in Windstones. SOOO many pieces you have I’m in love with. Rockfish rising spectral, emerald tabby and sunset tabby grand unicorns, turquoise/blue sun dragon (I forget that one’s actual name) and a few of those young unicorns too. I’m glad Balderdash (is it?) and his grey friend are still with you. Still some of my favorite unicorns ever.

lantern_fox
                    Participant

I was originally gifted with the two gryphons but didn’t really know the name “Windstone”. My mother had collected a few unicorns and Pegasus but I was not to touch them πŸ˜› When I grew up a little I actually took a look into them. Oh man bad idea. I want to collect but my wallet says nooooo.

Earlier this month I was in a thrift shop and stumbled across the unicorn gargoyle. Looking at the bottom I recognized the name! I figured 50$ wasn’t a bad deal and took the heavy guy home.
                      Now I’ve come to another bit of a find but I’m not sure which to choose.
                      A small shop has 2 emperor dragons, the rainbow and the ruby (red fire?). Ruby is 360$ and rainbow will be an extra 20$ at 380$. I’d like both but I can’t afford that ideally so I’m curious as to what seasoned collectors would think.
                      I’ll probably end up going back eventually for the other (if it’s not sold) but for the first I’m really torn. Ruby is also in a glass case but rainbow is sitting out on a shelf…getting a bit dusty and I imagine it has for a few years. Think paying 20$ extra for dust is worth it? I’m not sure how hard it would be to clean ether. Ahhhh collecting is a crazy thing!
                      Thanks in advance for any pointers πŸ™‚

Windstones

etruscan
                      Participant

I was originally gifted with the two gryphons but didn’t really know the name “Windstone”. My mother had collected a few unicorns and Pegasus but I was not to touch them πŸ˜› When I grew up a little I actually took a look into them. Oh man bad idea. I want to collect but my wallet says nooooo.

Earlier this month I was in a thrift shop and stumbled across the unicorn gargoyle. Looking at the bottom I recognized the name! I figured 50$ wasn’t a bad deal and took the heavy guy home.
                        Now I’ve come to another bit of a find but I’m not sure which to choose.
                        A small shop has 2 emperor dragons, the rainbow and the ruby (red fire?). Ruby is 360$ and rainbow will be an extra 20$ at 380$. I’d like both but I can’t afford that ideally so I’m curious as to what seasoned collectors would think.
                        I’ll probably end up going back eventually for the other (if it’s not sold) but for the first I’m really torn. Ruby is also in a glass case but rainbow is sitting out on a shelf…getting a bit dusty and I imagine it has for a few years. Think paying 20$ extra for dust is worth it? I’m not sure how hard it would be to clean ether. Ahhhh collecting is a crazy thing!

Welcome to Windstones, and congrats on the unicorn gargoyle.. πŸ™‚ As you have already observed, Windstones can do BAD things to your budget!

The Emperors really depend on which you like better. The price for the red one seems a bit high if it is a Ruby (with red eyes) – Red Fire emps are harder to get and more expensive.

Ruby (photo from Astral Castle)

Red Fire (photo from Astral Castle)

From what I have observed about rarity and selling prices I would get a Red Fire emperor first (if you like him), then Rainbow, and then Ruby. Hope this helps!

littleironhorse
                        Participant

About the Emperors, both are great finds and both are retired colors. However, you should know that the ruby color (if it is indeed ruby and not red fire), was retired because it was discovered to be unstable. Meaning it may fade in direct sunlight and may rub off if you try to clean it.

I’ve had several ruby pieces that I’ve cleaned with a damp cloth with no problem, but other collectors have not been so lucky.

GardenNinja
                          Participant

This isn’t anywhere near my whole collection, but I just completed the cedarwood pegasus family, thanks to another forum member.

Cedarwood Test Paint 1 Pegasi Angle

Cedarwood Test Paint 1 Pegasi Front

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Landipan
                            Participant

That is a gorgeous Cedarwood family!!! I so love that color theme!

*Formerly meowmix101
                              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kathleen
                              Participant

Oooooo beautiful pegasi!!! Love.

WolfenMachine
                                Participant

Yes, what they said! The rainbow is a fabulous deal. Both are really, if the red one is the red fire. I paid $600 for my Red Fire emperor a year or two ago and that was the best deal I’d seen since the color was retired. Other people were asking $1000-$1400 (although I don’t know if they were actually getting those prices)

The griffins-the one on the left is Copper Patina, the one on the right is “wolf” version 2. (The first version was brown and had green eyes)

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 307 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.