fbpx

Show Your Collection Version: 11

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show Your Collection Version: 11

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Very nice collection flaconscale! You have more pebbles and adult poads than I do! haha

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Sikek
      Participant

@Flaconscale

For collecting for less than a year, your collection is already super impressive!

flaconscale
        Participant

@Kim
          The kitties were often for sale, 2-3 from the same person and when you consider international shipping it was a shame to get them both or all 3. As shipping for one was as expensive as shipping 3. That being said in the near future I could prolly part with a number of them as they don’t all sing to me.

As for the poads… most are LPs which seems to make them a little easier to find. Getting tip offs and dealing with the same seller more than once helps too. β™‘

@Sikek

It’s an illnesses xD my bank account HATES ME. For it. It has been brought to its knees more than once due to my various obessions. But if my patterned behaviour is anything to go by it should easy off a bit now. More so now I know that it’s ok to rehome pieces if one is not 100% in love with them. Ther are a number of the pebbles and at least one y.poad who I feel are ready to move on. If only international shipping wasn’t such a pain

DREAM/GRAIL POAD = #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

---
          Always looking to increase my Poad Clutter.
          After GB poads of all ages
          Please Msg me if you have one who might like living in Aus

---

Seeking a Zeppard Poad, PREF Teal / Blue eyes
          Dream/Grail Piece/s; Okapi Adult Poad; #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

StormDancer
          Participant

I finally got all my Rainbows in one place at one time for their yearly cleaning so I took a quick photo of them…

photo IMAG0901_1280x720_zpssksax2dp.jpg

And here is the Copper Forest Griffin Family with the PYO Griffin I painted to match them…

photo IMAG0904_1280x720_zpsbmoctgzm.jpg

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

JynXx
            Participant

Wow, StormDancer! You’ve done a spectacular job matching the CF Gryphons on the PYO! Gorgeous ^_^ β™₯

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
              β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
              ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
              ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
              β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
              β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
              β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

StormDancer
              Participant

Thank you JynXx. I really enjoyed painting him!

Here is a picture of my Ruby dragons. The male and mother just arrived today thanks to a very kind forum member who has kindly let me give them a new home!
                 photo IMAG0923_1280x720_zpshb8xprbr.jpg

Looking for:

JynXx
                Participant

Such gorgeous Rubies!! I have an OW, myself. Looking for a Lap and Riser as dark as he is [he’s a really dark cranberry]. I’ll be making payments on a Fledgie soon, too!

What color eyes did you use for the PYO Gryphon? The Test Paints have metallic peach eyes, but I don’t see that color as an option for the PYOs.

Also, who’s the horse in the background??

StormDancer
                  Participant

Thank you Jynxx. I’ve always loved the rubies and the dark cranberry color is my favorite as well. I hope you get your Fledgie soon! I know how it is to need to make payments.

On the PYO Gryphon I used eyes from Tohickon Glass Eyes. I believe they are the light brown in the flat back bird eyes. The company is good to work with and has been great about shipping eyes out within a day or two of placing an order.

The horse in the background is Breyer Icelandic Stallion Svali Fra Tjorn. It’s a sculpt they released in 2014. So I think they have 3 or 4 different colors now. And I’ve seen a few that have been custom painted as well.

Looking for:

JynXx
                    Participant

Lol.. I’m trying to keep my collection of Rubies small (OW, Lap, Riser, Fledgling). My OW is quite banged up, and in need for repairs, but I bought him this way. His color was just too awesome to pass up. I’m pretty sure the Fledgling is a match, but I’ve passed on several Laps (I dislike the candy-apple hybrids). There was a Riser posted on eBay a few weeks ago that was a perfect color match, but I just didn’t have money at the time.. he went for a ridiculously good price, too πŸ™

I’ve never collected Breyers, but that stallion is awesome! I might have to get a base paint to get customized πŸ˜‰

As for the Tohickon glass eyes, I actually have them bookmarked from when I was looking for “zombie” eyes, so it’s good to know they’re quality! ^_^

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

Beautiful families, Storm! I just love the Rainbow color scheme.

…just curious, how do you clean yours?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

StormDancer
                        Participant

Thank you Angelika_Zen. Never meant to have anything but dragons. Lol then I discovered the forums and Grab bags. lol

For general cleaning of my Windstones I dust them with canned air every other week or so.
                          For the yearly cleaning of everything except the Rubies I dust them and then wrap their tags in cling wrap to help keep the tags dry (I also usually use a bit of string to tie the tag up to the side of the sink so the tags aren’t just laying in the sink on the large pieces) then set them into the kitchen sink and spray them lightly with water. I then use a very old soft toothbrush and some diluted dish soap to go over them. Smaller items, of course, you can just hold upside down and clean without getting their pads wet at all. I rinse the soap off as quickly as possible then set them onto a bath towel and press down a bit to help dry their pads. I’ll move them a few times on the towel and repeat the process to be sure the pads dry well. I just towel off the excess water at that point and let them stay on the bath towel a few hours to be sure the pads have dried before I put them back on their shelves.

For my Ruby Windstones I tend to use the canned air on them once a week to help prevent any dust from building up at all.
                          For their yearly cleaning I dust them well and then I get the old soft tooth brush wet. I then take the brush and dry it off on a towel so that it is BARELY damp. Then I go over them with the brush, rinsing and drying the brush any time it starts to look like its got any dirt on it. After I’m done I use a soft towel to go over them and buff them to be certain I didn’t miss any spots on the dragons.

Hope this helps!

Looking for:

StormDancer
                          Participant

JynXx, will you do the repairs yourself? I’ve never attempted to repair anything but so far everything I have is in mint condition. I did buy a ruby scratcher about 2 years from someone on eBay (not a forum member) and the poor thing arrived in several pieces and gypsum dust so I returned it for a full refund. I was broken hearted as he was a very dark cranberry and I hate to see any Windstone broken. They all seem to have a soul of their own. I’ve not seen another as dark since.

AS for the stallion, there is a gal on eBay that does custom paint jobs on several Breyer sculpts. She does a fantastic job. I think she has a few listed now on that sculpt.

Looking for:

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Thanks StormDancer!! That seems like quite the ordeal! sheesh!!! Good thing it’s only once/year πŸ™‚ Well, it shows how well they are cared for…they look beautiful in your pictures. I have to say that wetting the pads frightens me πŸ˜‰

While I’m here, here’s Summer Kite #1 Coiled dragon with Mossy Waters Fledgling (Painted by Laurie)

photo IMG_1247_zpsyfrg5vdu.jpg

photo IMG_1248_zpsylzriacl.jpg

photo IMG_1250_zpsfnaywvry.jpg

photo IMG_1249_zpsu4jwysnj.jpg

photo IMG_1253_zpscrvkrw9s.jpg

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

StormDancer
                              Participant

Summer Kite & Mossy Waters look great together Angelika_Zen!

So far the pads still look good with no water damage. Some of that could be because I have a smoke free home to so nothing to react with on the pads if they get wet. I also try not to outright soak them so generally it’s just the edges of the pads that ever really get damp. And I do make a point of drying them as much as possible as quickly as I can.

Looking for:

JynXx
                                Participant

I’m probably gonna ask drag0nfeathers if she can do it. The damage is pretty extensive throughout, but at least he’s whole. That’s really unfortunate about the Scratcher!! I hope you can find another like him, someday. I agree with you that Windstones seem to have their own, unique souls. I’ve had several Windstones arrive from eBay in shattered condition, so I know how you feel.

Thanks for the suggestion for the Breyer’s custom paint!! ^_^ Also, I got your message this morning. I passed on that Lap, because it’s one of those candy-apple hybrids :/ it has a real dark streak along the sides, but the rest is brighter red. I’m looking for an even paint.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 307 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.