fbpx

Rescue Kitty Cookie With New Kitten and Pebble Pictures! **Updated**

Home Forums Miscellany Community Rescue Kitty Cookie With New Kitten and Pebble Pictures! **Updated**

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Falcolf
    Participant

Oh my gosh they’re cute!!! Such adorable stripey babies and their bellies – oh my gosh their adorable fat, fuzzy, spotty, tabby kitten bellies! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CUTENESS FIX!!! πŸ˜€ Soooo adorable!!! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
        Wish my Hubby liked Kitties! I prefer dogs, but I used to have a cat when I was in my late 20’s. I miss my Midnight – he loved to just lay in your lap and purr too! πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
        Participant

Eee! So cute! I have a horrible weakness for cats and kittens. Thank you for sharing the pictures and I hope they get good homes. We’re feeding a couple strays at my place and planning on getting them spayed/neutered too.

Mercury Star
          Participant

Squee! Thank you so much for posting the pictures, Kim, they are so cute!

Melissa
            Participant

Aww, bright-eyed little babies. They look like they’re getting beautifully socialized, and Mama cat is gorgeous. Thanks for the pics. πŸ™‚

Kim
              Blocked

Here are some outdoor pictures of the kittens when they were around 5-6 weeks old. Because I can’t tell the difference between the brown tabby twins, there are twice as many pictures of them as there are two of them. Can anyone spot the critter in the last pic? We have squirrels and birds who come around for food all the time and we even have skunks living under our back porch! I should post pictures of them too! The kittens are now 10 weeks and we found homes for three of them and are keeping one of the brown tabbies. I will post more recent pictures of them soon.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Awwwwwww… Kitties Kitties Kitties! Cuteness Overload! πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Some of those remind me of kitten calendar photos! Too cute!

Prezaurian
                    Participant

So cute! I’m glad you’ve found homes for all the bebies! It makes me so happy to hear good news like that. πŸ™‚

And on a side note, that is one neat looking black squirrel. We only having boring brown squirrels here in Georgia. Well, let me amend that. MOSTLY boring brown squirrels. On the rare, rare occasion you can occasionally spot a big silvery gray squirrel. Though I’ve only seen them once or twice in all the years I’ve lived here.

etruscan
                      Participant

So cute! I’m glad you’ve found homes for all the bebies! It makes me so happy to hear good news like that. πŸ™‚

And on a side note, that is one neat looking black squirrel. We only having boring brown squirrels here in Georgia. Well, let me amend that. MOSTLY boring brown squirrels. On the rare, rare occasion you can occasionally spot a big silvery gray squirrel. Though I’ve only seen them once or twice in all the years I’ve lived here.

Last spring I spotted a black squirrel here (Maryland). At first I thought he was a small black cat. He must have been a rare color phase of some kind as the squirrels around here are grey brown. This guy was missing about half his tail which I attribute to a narrow escape. He didn’t match the tree bark as well as the normal squirrels.

Kim
                        Blocked

That’s interesting about the squirrels. We have a few colours here. We have a couple of brown ones that come around as well as a couple grey squirrels and I think we have about 4 black squirrels. The only ones you don’t see often here are red squirrels but I have seen them in the forest. They all chase each other and compete for food around here but a couple in particular come right up onto our back porch and even try to climb the screen door if we haven’t put out enough nuts for them. One time a grey one came right through the back door into the kitchen and then hopped up onto the screen window trying to get back out and my mom was freaking out yelling there’s a squirrel in our kitchen! I went running in to see this squirrel trying to figure out how to get the screen off our window to escape and I went over and tried to loosen it and then the squirrel lept onto the floor and was running around with my mom screaming until it saw the open door and ran back out. It was the funniest thing we have experienced with squirrels so far!

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Hugemungus squees!!!!! What ‘dorable beebies!!! So glad you’ve been able to find homes for ’em πŸ˜€

tdm :love:

tdm

rachelled
                            Participant

Last spring I spotted a black squirrel here (Maryland). At first I thought he was a small black cat. He must have been a rare color phase of some kind as the squirrels around here are grey brown. This guy was missing about half his tail which I attribute to a narrow escape. He didn’t match the tree bark as well as the normal squirrels.

I saw a squirrel without a tail the other day…! My husband and I watched it for a full five minutes trying to get closer to decide if it was some strange rodent or what. Turns out they look a LOT like oversized mice without those tails :p

I’m so in love with these kittens and their story πŸ™‚ And the momma is so precious. Is her name officially Cookie now?

Kim
                              Blocked

Thank you. I am so glad everyone is enjoying their story and pictures! We have named her Cookie as I think it’s cute but we still call her momma cat too. My mom always jokes about feeding cat cookies to Cookie. We are keeping the male brown tabby as well and he is a little sweetheart who loves to climb up my legs or jump on my lap and just purr all time. He is so playful and cute. We haven’t picked a name for him yet but I am thinking Spunky or something like that unless anyone has more ideas for his name as well.

The two female tabby kittens found a good home with a family with two kids aged 11 and 13 so they get to stay together. The Siamese male we sold to a young lady around my age who is going back to school but has lots of time in between classes to be at home with him and her boyfriend loves him as well. He just went a few days ago and I kind of miss him as we was the cutest, most easy going kitten and so playful too but he was big and a bit rough with the other kittens and we needed the money so unfortunately had to sell him. I think it has worked out well though that the momma gets to have one kitten to keep her company and now she has taken over playing with the little tabby and they chase each other up and down the hall and roll around together. Cookie didn’t know how to play when we first brought her in but she has since learned to play after watching her kittens and now she will bat around toys and balls and chase our wand toy which was the kittens’ favourite. She and the baby also have a favourite mouse toy that they carry around in their mouth and try and hide. It’s so cute!

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

On Maryland’s Eastern Shore, there is a large sub-species of Grey Squirrel named the Delmarva Fox Squirrel – it’s bigger in size and has thicker, fluffier fur than the normal Grey. They have been seen in dark colors. It also appears that ‘Black’ squirrels are only a color variation:

“As a melanistic variety of the eastern grey squirrel, individual black squirrels can exist wherever grey squirrels live. Grey mating pairs cannot produce black offspring. Grey squirrels have 2 copies of a normal pigment gene and black squirrels have either 1 or 2 copies of a mutant pigment gene. If a black squirrel has 2 copies of the mutant gene it will be jet black. If it has 1 copy of a mutant gene and 1 normal gene it will be brown-black.[1] In areas with high concentrations of black squirrels, mixed litters are common.”

In Maryland we also have Red Piney Squirrels and Eastern Chipmunks (a relative of squirrels and Ground Squirrels). I have various photos in my deviantArt Gallery that I’ve taken, when we’ve gone on Spring trips to Western Maryland. The Red Piney’s range doesn’t come down to the Central and Southern/Eastern parts of Maryland. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.