Rescue Kitty Cookie With New Kitten and Pebble Pictures! **Updated**

Home Forums Miscellany Community Rescue Kitty Cookie With New Kitten and Pebble Pictures! **Updated**

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Mercury Star
    Participant

She is very pretty, thank you for helping her and her friends out. I volunteer at a cat rescue shelter, and we have been getting a lot of color-pointed cats lately. I think some of the names suggested are very nice, she looks like a soft, sweet kind of girl.

Kim
      Blocked

Thanks for your comments. I was trying to think of names like cream and then thought of cookies and cream and she kind of has those colours of cookies and cream so I was thinking of calling her Cookie. What do you think? I have had cats named Muffin, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Ginger but never Cookie so I think it’s cute. I think she is going to have her kittens any time now. She is exhibiting some signs of nesting and being protective of her box, hissing at us and the other cats. She has been pacing around and panting a bit and disappeared under my bed tonight for a little while and I was worried. But I put her back in her room with her box with blankets in it so will keep an eye on her when I get up and see how she is doing.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
        Participant

Cookie sounds like a wonderful name! Keep us updated on how she is doing! Can’t wait to hear how many kittens she has!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Cookie is an adorable name! If you want a name that goes with her coloring how ’bout “Cloudy”? I agree with those who think she’s a lynx point Siamese. Lynx points have tabby marking and pink noses as opposed to Siamese whose noses are dark like their masks. She looks like our kitties, Loki and Thor…

Loki
             photo DSCF4444.jpg

Thor with Pixel
            Pixel & Loki photo DSCF3417.jpg

With her lighter coloring she’s prolly considered “lilac”. Head shapes for Siamese kitties are an interesting topic. There are 3 main types – wedgehead, Classic and applehead. Loki is an applehead (round head like an apple) and heavier through the chest and shoulders. Thor is a wedgehead, (longer, skinnier, pointier face). He also has a long, slender body and tail and long legs that look like quarter notes on a music staff. He resembles a string bean… Classic falls somewhere in between applehead and wedgehead. I’d be willing to bet that your little girl falls into the applehead classification. Siamese kittens are born without colored points. The color develops as they mature and darkens on the parts of the body that are cooler in temperature – ears, face, tail and legs. They are also born rough coated. They aren’t very soft or fluffy but at six months give or take they grow a downy under coat that feels like cut velvet. Any way you look at her your little girl is a beauty! Can hardly wait for kitten pix! :love:

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

…I believe a pure Siamese would have a more narrow, pointed slim head and longer pointier ears, and hers is more rounded and full…. ๐Ÿ˜€

There are actually two different Siamese “styles” recognized by showers and breeders. There is the pointed type you mention, and the other is reference as an “apple headed Siamese” noted for the round facial features. I know my cat is part Siamese, but she is 100% black. she carries the facial, and body style and definitely has the personality of a Siamese. She is just black, with black stripes.

If she is pure, it would be a an appleheaded variety, but is she was stray it is lickely she is not. She cauld also be a part burimese. Also, many do not know that one litter can have as many as 7 fathers, so that would be why the male was chasing her. She may have all the traits and genes of mama but could have a handful of daddy’s she could take after.

Beautiful kitty by the way. I would call her Lynx (or Links?), but that is just me. She looks like a Lynx. (name wise i mean) Or Lara. that fits too. ๐Ÿ˜€

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Head shapes for Siamese kitties are an interesting topic. There are 3 main types – wedgehead, Classic and applehead. Loki is an applehead (round head like an apple) and heavier through the chest and shoulders. Thor is a wedgehead, (longer, skinnier, pointier face). He also has a long, slender body and tail and long legs that look like quarter notes on a music staff. He resembles a string bean… Classic falls somewhere in between applehead and wedgehead. I’d be willing to bet that your little girl falls into the applehead classification. Siamese kittens are born without colored points. The color develops as they mature and darkens on the parts of the body that are cooler in temperature – ears, face, tail and legs. They are also born rough coated. They aren’t very soft or fluffy but at six months give or take they grow a downy under coat that feels like cut velvet. Any way you look at her your little girl is a beauty! Can hardly wait for kitten pix! :love:

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

I stand corrected. Didn’t know there was a third type. :~

Oh and my little kitty is named Harriat, after Harry houdini for she is an escape artist who can open and unlock doors and escape any kennel. She is a carefully watched leash cat for that reason, but oh so attached and loving. She gets depressed and puts my socks and towels in her litter box if I am gone for more than a few days though..Love the crazy nut so much!

As a kitten

and now

She has black stripes on her face, legs and kind of on her sides, super feint though.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Love those “ghost” stripes! My brother had a kitty like that and you could only see her stipes in direct, unclouded sunlight :love: Harriet is a great name! We had two Manx kitties before the boyohs arrived; Fred and Abby… Fred was short for Freddy Kruger since he liked to beat up the neighborhood dogs, chased cars and challenged Rod for the Alpha Male position in the house. Abby named Abby because she had “Abby-solutely” no tail. She used to scold me everytime the boyohs cried. She was a great mama kitty. :bigsmile:

tdm ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Kim
              Blocked

Oh those are such cute kitty pics! I saw your new thread 96037 so will have to post pics on there of all our kitties! So guess what? I was suspecting she was close to having her babies but wasn’t sure when so on Thurs. night I stayed up late and kept checking on her. She was in the box with a soft blanket we gave her in her room and when I went in around 4 am she looked like she licking herself so I crouched down and was watching and then then I heard a little meow. She had just had a baby and was licking it. I watched for a bit and all was fine but I figured she would have a few so kept going back in to check. She had a second one a short time after and all was well. It took a little while for the third one to come and she looked pretty tired by then and wasn’t licking it very fast so I helped quickly take the membrane off it’s face so it could breathe and then she started licking it. I kept checking back for a fourth one thinking I wouldn’t go to bed until I made sure she had them all and soon enough after 6 am she had the fourth one and our poor kitty was exhausted so I was trying to coax her to lick the baby again. It stayed a bit more wet than the others but buried into her fur. The first one looked like a grey/brown tabby, the second one was all white so I suspect that will be a Siamese like her and the last two were darker brown ones with I think some tabby markings. I bet the dark ones will all look like the brown tabby who was chasing after her. The white one seems to be the strongest and it latched onto a nipple and wouldn’t let go and let the other 3 fight over finding other nipples. I tried to help the babies find the nipples but they didn’t really like that and eventually figured out where to go under the fur. I was up until about 7 am with them just to make sure everything was okay and see if there were other kittens but had a feeling that was it. The next day there were still 4 so that was it after all. She is pretty good with them and doesn’t mind me coming in the room to check on her and the babies. She comes out of her box to say hi and gobbles up food and I look in the box and make sure the babies are fine and then she goes right back in the box and cuddles up with them. They are so cute! I will have to try and get pics at some point if she lets me.

StormDancer
                Participant

Congratulations on the new kittens! Wont be long and they will be up to all kinds of fun!

I lost my 16 year old cat the week before Christmas and so I just got 2 new kittens about a 10 weeks ago. A brother and sister manx pair. The male (Pagan) is a black with the “ghost” tabby stripes that you can see best in full sun. The female (Sorcha) is a beautiful dark tabby. They are both sweet n loving and generally a joy to have around. They are into everything and pretty well think they own the house and have felt that way since the day I brought them home.

Can’t wait to see pictures of your newest additions!

Looking for:

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Head shapes for Siamese kitties are an interesting topic. There are 3 main types – wedgehead, Classic and applehead. Loki is an applehead (round head like an apple) and heavier through the chest and shoulders. Thor is a wedgehead, (longer, skinnier, pointier face). He also has a long, slender body and tail and long legs that look like quarter notes on a music staff. He resembles a string bean… Classic falls somewhere in between applehead and wedgehead. I’d be willing to bet that your little girl falls into the applehead classification. Siamese kittens are born without colored points. The color develops as they mature and darkens on the parts of the body that are cooler in temperature – ears, face, tail and legs. They are also born rough coated. They aren’t very soft or fluffy but at six months give or take they grow a downy under coat that feels like cut velvet. Any way you look at her your little girl is a beauty! Can hardly wait for kitten pix! :love:

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

I stand corrected. Didn’t know there was a third type.

Really interesting – thanks you guys for the education! I may have seen some of the wedgehead Siamese, but never would have guessed that there was a rounder head variety. I’ve also never known about the Lynx point color variations either. Cool markings! ๐Ÿ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Zeppard Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Hey, I forgot to say, I remember when Rosie was pregnant with her kittens, that my dad said mother cats needed a lot of protein to keep up with nursing the kittens so they grow big and strong. Rosie was usually just on kibble bu when she was pregnant, my dad would give her a small can or two every day and usually an egg and a small piece of chicken in the morning. She loved it, and her kittens grew really well, so just an idea.

I am so glad to hear they are all healthy. I can’t wait to see pictures!! Gotta love kittens. ๐Ÿ˜€

Kim
                    Blocked

We have dry food in the room but my mom has also been feeding her tuna, sardines or canned food each day so she’s getting lots of protein which is good. A couple of the kittens still have a bit of a long dried umbilical cord on them so do they just fall off after a while or should we cut the excess off does anyone know? Other than that they are all doing great! I can see the tabby markings on the 3 of them so one is a grey tabby, the other two are brown tabbies and then there is the all white one who I am sure will get Siamese markings after some time.

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

When my cat had kittens, I remember giving the mama cat dry kitten food (something like “Kitten Chow”). It helps gives her and the babies a little extra nutrition.

StormDancer
                        Participant

I was a vet tech for years. We always suggested feeding the mom some kitten chow for a few weeks before she had the kittens and while she was nursing.
                          As for the umbilical cords just leave them alone, they will dry up and either be removed by mom or fall off on their own. They help to protect the kittens from bacteria entering their bodies.

Looking for:

Lauren
                          Participant

Dawww those babies are so cute. You’ll have to post some more pics of them individually once you can get mama to let you. (Also wow!!! She was already so far along. It’s so lucky you guys took her in when you did…)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.