fbpx

Rescue Kitty Cookie With New Kitten and Pebble Pictures! **Updated**

Home Forums Miscellany Community Rescue Kitty Cookie With New Kitten and Pebble Pictures! **Updated**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

This is our new cute rescue kitty we took in. The story is, when we moved in this new rental house a few months ago, we noticed there were a lot of cats that kept coming around our house that looked like strays so my mom put food out for them. Then we heard from neighbors that some belonged to an older man who lived a couple houses down in a basement suite and that he had too many cats to take care of. My mom went and talked to him and he said he had been feeding these stray cats and took in a bunch of them but it was getting a bit much for him. His suite was in bad shape and had a bad smell from not cleaning up after the cats and they were threatening to evict him. So we didn’t mind taking over feeding them but a couple of months ago we noticed them here more than usual begging for food. Well we found out the poor old man passed away a couple months ago in his suite and they cleared it all out and boarded it up. They said some cats were taken to the SPCA but some were left behind. So we counted about 8 of them coming around our house still. We decided to get help from a cat rescue organization to trap them in a humane trap to get them spayed and neutered and try and find them new homes. We successfully trapped 4 of them that the rescue outfit took to the vet to get taken care of.

Then we noticed one little Siamese girl with a big belly in the last few days being chased around by an un-neautered male cat and we realized this poor kitty was pregnant. We were able to trap her on our back porch and quickly brought her into our spare bedroom to release. She seemed wild and very scared of people. She looks young so I am not sure if she ever lived inside as a pet or was a kitten of a stray. We decided we would keep her though and give her a safe place to have her kittens and then try and find them homes when it’s time. So this new little kitty is ours and after only two days of hiding from us and being afraid to eat, I slowly coaxed her out from under these chairs in her bedroom with some nice food. I started to pet her and every time I would go in the room with food, I would call her to come out and she seemed to like me petting her while she would eat her food.

Well now a few days later, she is starting to explore the house and figure out her ranking among our 4 other cats under supervision. She now comes up to us and loves to be petted, raises her tail as she walks around rubbing on things and she even talks back to us when we talk to her. It seems for the first time in her life she knows what it means to be loved by people and she seems to be very grateful. I don’t know how far along she is with her pregnancy but we keep her in her room at night and check on frequently to see how she is. So we will have more little kitties to take care of sometime soon. I am very glad we caught her in time. We are still feeding the rest of the 4 or so stray cats and debating trying to trap them but I think we caught all the ones that needed spaying and neutering at least. Anyway this sweet little kitty needs a name and I can’t think of one. Most of our cats have been named after their colours or personalities or foods but I am not sure what to call her so thought maybe all of you could give me some ideas for names. Also she has pretty blue eyes and the markings of a Siamese but not the body so would anyone know what she is or if she is just a mix?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Lauren
      Participant

Gosh, I don’t know the first thing about cats (I’m highly allergic) but she’s so pretty! And so lucky to have been caught and taken care of by such caring people. (That poor old man. Bless him.) What are the names of your other cats, do you have a running theme?

StormDancer
        Participant

She is Beautiful! And so lucky to have found a home with you.
          From what I can tell in the picture her color is considered a Lilac Point Siamese. It’s possible she may be full Siamese, although since she is a stray I kinda doubt it and with her pregnancy it would be hard to tell from just her shape.
          Siamese kittens that she has will be born white then will develop Siamese markings within a few weeks.
          But since she was most likely bred by several different males you can have several different colored kittens out of her.
          As for names… I always thought Giesha Girl was a pretty name for a cat.
          Good luck with the new addition to your family!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Setsunawolf
          Participant

She very well could be full Siamese. I have one who looks alot like your girl, and a friend of mine is a Siamese nut. Apparently, they can have the stripes I see in your girl. My friend’s does and Pixel, the cat, is full blooded with papers. My friend got Pixel from a breeder.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Ela_Hara
            Participant

She’s probably a mix, but very beautiful none the less!

I believe a pure Siamese would have a more narrow, pointed slim head and longer pointier ears, and hers is more rounded and full. Also, I would think that the almost tabby-like markings on her face would not be so noticeable. Most Siamese I’ve seen are all short haired and she has a longer coat than I would think a pure breed would have. Wiki Page for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_cat

She looks so sweet, and “Mookie’ comes to mind as a name I would call her – don’t ask me why, it just seems to fit in my crazy way of thinking…
              Good Luck with the kittens when they come! 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Awe, she’s pretty!

My ex had a cat that looked very similar and her name was Pearl. I thought it was quite fitting.

She’s not a siamese for sure, the head shape is totally wrong. She may be a mix of some sort. Maybe with an American Shorthair and a Ragdoll or something. I have a cat with dark points very similar and she was a complete mutt. Her sister is a Tuxedo and brother resembles a Maine Coon, so she may just be a total mix breed who happens to have siamese like dark points somewhere mixed in her bloodline.

She’s still beautiful regardless!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Stormbreeze
                Participant

She’s beautiful. I think you should call her Petal.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Kim
                  Blocked

Yeah she may part tabby or ragdoll or something. Our other cats names are Ashley because she is ash grey, Fluffy who is a long haired part Maine Coon cat, Feisty who is a grey tabby and Saucey who is a grey tabby. The last two were named for their personalities. They were all a little wild when we took them in but have really come around and are all really sweet now. I was trying to think of a white or cream coloured name for the new kitty and thought of snowball but she’s more of a dirty snow colour so that doesn’t quite work. I once had a Siamese cat named Simie so that wasn’t too original. I like the ideas so far.

Lauren
                    Participant

A name that works with her color, hmm? Maybe Toast or Pearl or Cream? I actually have a cinammon cream rum (that is DELILIOUS, holy cow) that she resembles in color called ‘Orchata, if naming her after a liquor doesn’t bother you.

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

OMG She’s so beautiful, Kim!! She looks similar to my kitty! Mine is a Lynx Point Siamese with some Tortoiseshell mixed in, named Fifi by my kids (named for Rumpelstiltskin’s goose in the last Shrek movie). :bigsmile: I don’t have any name suggestions, but if her kittens are half as cute as her you shouldn’t have any trouble finding them homes. I hope to see lots of pictures when the babies are born!!
                         photo Fifi.jpg

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Sounds like she needs a name that ends with a “y” to truly fit in with the family! LOL!

How about Lily?

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Copper83
                          Participant

I was thinking Lynx Point Siamese too. They have the Siamese points but with tabby markings. As they get older they will have marking show up on the body as well. Here’s some photos of Jasmine showing how much her color has changed over time. Whatever yours if, she’s cute. 🙂

photo DSC_0128_zps11a8083e.jpg

photo DSC_0124_zps3afefe82.jpg

photo DSC_0192_zpsd9fbea83.jpg

photo KittyPen009_zpsc4e1ec04.jpg

Kim
                            Blocked

Ooh, those are pretty Siamese kitties too! Thanks for posting! I should try and get better lighted pics of ours but she is kind of scared of the camera noise and flash.

Falcolf
                              Participant

I would definitely call her a lynx point because she’s got tabby markings and I personally think that breed-wise, she is a mix – her body is too cobby for a full blooded Siamese, even a more traditional one. How talkative is she? Most siamese are very chatty and energetic (though I don’t know how energetic she feels with all those babies making her fat!) I would not say that she has any ragdoll blood, simply because ragdolls are long haired cats (they are also absolutely HUGE!) and her features (round face, short tail, short ears, muscular body) are very typical ‘North American Heinz 57 Mix Cat’ to me, the kind of cat that you would find in a barn. From her paws, which are smallish compared to her body (meaning that she has grown into them) she’s probably at least three years old. She also looks like her babies may be coming pretty soon from how visible her nipples are through her fur!

I always suggest naming animals (and kids!) carefully for traits that you would like them to embody. My cat Sunny grew up with a very sweet, very warm, lovely personality (just like the sun) while my cat Smoky is very much like smoke – lingering and at times very much in your face, yet at other times elusive. Mama Kitty, a stray that we rescued out of our backyard who we never bothered to rename after she had her babies (one of which was Smoky) was extremely motherly to all of us for all of her life. My youngest cat Casper is very much like a friendly ghost, only allowing contact on his terms yet when he does, he is incredibly sweet – plus he loves spying on people and opening cupboards when nobody is home, like a furry little poltergeist. My middle cat-child Copernicus was named for the famous astronomer Nicolas Copernicus (though he is a LOT better looking than his namesake) and he is extremely smart – and if you break apart his name – COPPER/COP-PURR-KISS – he’s quite conductive, like copper wire, he’s an alpha, like a cop, he purrs VERY loudly and he is very kissy – it describes his personality even more.

It may possibly be just a coincidence, but I subscribe to this anyway. I suggest carefully thinking over the properties of your potential names – it’s why I didn’t name Casper ‘Houdini’ because he was a little escape artist – and calling her with your top choices and seeing what she responds best to.

I always suggest ‘Sugar’ or ‘Cookie’ as a female cat name haha – sweet and lovely. She’s an incredibly gorgeous cat, a little jewel with her blue topaz eyes and I would like to thank you for giving her deserving self a home! 😀 I’m always really happy to hear of kitties finding their forever homes, especially since I work with a cat rescue. Poor things have it rough!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
                                Blocked

That’s very neat how you came up with names for all your cats. We have had so many throughout my life. We had a mommy cat too which is what we called her (when I was a kid) that we took in along with her 3 kittens. She was a little scruffy grey tabby and had 3 gorgeous kittens which were a flame point Siamese male, a seal point Siamese male and a grey tabby female. When we owned a house when I was growing up, my mom took in all kinds of stray and abandoned or neglected cats and dogs and we would keep some and find some homes. I remember when we had at 8 cats and 4 dogs running around along with other small pets likes rabbits or guinea pigs. My mom even rescued dogs from labs and the pound before they were about to be put down and she would pay about $130 a dog from the pound and sell them for $30 just to find them good homes. She saved over 100 dogs over a period of 10 years or so when she had some money to help them. The pound even asked her how she found homes for them and she said to advertise them in the paper or other places. They started doing that and now they find nearly all the animals homes. At the time we rescued all the animals we had a big house and yard though until we ran into financial troubles after I got out of high school and went through a foreclosure.

Since then it has been tough renting and moving around a lot to places that haven’t wanted our pets. We can’t have a dog anymore and were lucky after moving to and from several places, finding one that was okay with our 4 cats. The sad thing is our cats are perfectly clean and house trained and never damaged anything and yet we had a few landlords tell us to leave after we went from having one cat to taking in three more rescues at different times. Now we have 5 with this new one but the landlord here is okay with it since the house is kept up just fine. In the old man’s case I feel sorry for him that his suite got neglected to the point where after he was gone, the health department came and posted a notice on his door that the place was uninhabitable. I guess maybe landlords are afraid of that but in our case we didn’t have more than we could handle and would find most of them good homes and keep the unwanted ones.

It’s just too bad that pounds and rescues charge so much money for animals when there are pets posted for free on kijiji and places everyday. Little do people know that if they post them for free, they can end up in labs or high kill shelters or given to abusers. We always tell people if they need to give a pet away, to check the new owner’s ID and tell them they need all their contact info and will visit the pet in the future. I just wish more people would try and adopt from shelters and rescues and make sure their pets are fixed and that when you adopt a pet, it should be a forever home for them. All we can do is try and provide the best homes for the ones we can handle I guess and educate others about everything that goes along with responsible pet ownership.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.