Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

This black mother is obviously a different dragon, since it doesn’t have a felt pad, but there is at least one factory-(re)painted black mother out there. I saved the page of an auction back in 2012 for a family set – male, mother, hatcher.
      Capture-1

Capture2

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
      Participant

Here are the full-sized photos:
        BlackDragons01

BlackDragons02

BlackDragons03

BlackDragons04

GardenNinja
        Participant

More…

BlackDragons05

BlackDragons06

BlackDragons07

BlackDragons08s

GardenNinja
          Participant

Last four.

BlackDragons09

BlackDragons10

BlackDragons11

BlackDragons12

Ray_connors
            Participant

I’ve seen a black mother on eBay, no felt small stamp saying it’s a windstone Pena dragon. Should this be reported to eBay?

etruscan
              Participant

Windstone used that stamp to mark their pieces before they went to felt pads with a logo instead. She’s a very old dragon that someone repainted.

Windstone frowns on repainting pieces, and if something is repainted it is best to clearly label it as a repaint to avoid confusing people, but I don’t think there is anything that ebay can do about it.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

The seller should at least note that the dragons are repaints and not a standard color that Windstone produced at the Factory.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

GardenNinja
                  Participant

The seller may not know that. I think a lot of people do only minimal research on what they have, particularly people who pick things up at estate sales. Also, people who receive things as gifts may not look into finding out more about them.

Bodine
                    Participant

I sent them a polite note about listing it as a repaint if they were aware.

IMG_20190210_044959

IMG_20190210_045112

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
                      Participant

I learn new things about Windstone all the time.Thanks Etruscan.I thought Nightwatch was the only black one out there but the family is cool too.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
                        Participant

Absolutely. There is a peacock male dragon listed as tanzanite right now. I got excited, but ended up being tricked. 😛

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

windstonefan
                          Participant

They know because I messaged them and told them. They can’t change the title because of the bids. Nor the original description but they can add this to the auction. Saying revised description but they choose not to do that. But instead do the wrong thing. Letting you know that whomever wins this can send it right back because it is not as described. I did them a favor by telling them. They choose not to do the right thing here. The description they have it as a Pearl Windstone Dragon. This seller is just all over the map on the auction. They repeated part of their other auction on a Pearl Windstone mother. They don’t care to clarify the 1st said auction so they deserve whatever they get.(Stupid is as stupid does) I tried.

windstonefan

pipsxlch
                            Participant

A copy of artwork from a print being used as a jewelry piece… the seller is a thrift store, so they aren’t responsible for the theft and wouldn’t know where it came from, but maybe they can tell you if there’s a manufacturer’s mark on it.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/64378818

windstonefan
                              Participant

Hum saw this on ebay today. This is so cute though it sure looks like Melody’s. You all will have to check it out as I do not have the knowledge to bring it over here. Item number is 392254461325.

windstonefan

Stephanie
                                Participant
                                Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.