fbpx

Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

Melody (or Suzie), were any of the Grab Bag Orientals shipped to China?

This [url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Grab-Bag-Young-Sitting-Oriental-Dragon-Melody-Pena-OOAK-MIB/173839427357?hash=item2879a3271d:g:5dIAAOSwBBRcjcJt]Ebay Listing[/url] looks legit on first glance (clear picture of a single GB dragon) but the very low starting price and the Chinese address are a little fishy…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

windstonefan
      Participant
        fatalbeauty
        Participant

I think that one just sold like yesterday or the day before, there’s no way it could’ve gotten that far already…I forget who was the seller though…

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

windstonefan
          Participant

zeldathedragon was the seller.

windstonefan

Zelda
            Participant

zeldathedragon is me on eBay, and I can confirm this listing from China is 100% fraudulent. I’ve reported it and I hope eBay boots both the listing and the seller. The real dragon was sold and is already on its way to its new home within the US.

For what it’s worth, I’ve seen this happening with other collectibles on eBay too. A listing sells for a high price, and almost immediately after the listing ends, an exact duplicate listing offered by a seller with a new account and zero feedback goes up.

Hopefully this doesn’t fool anybody – thanks to the sharp eyes looking out for everyone!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

LZ
              Participant

It is still showing up in the list when you run a search for Windstones, but clicking the picture leads to an eBay error page. Looks like it’s taken care of now.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Syn
                Participant

I talked to eBay a few minutes ago, and they pulled the listing. I wasn’t sure they would do it since it wasn’t my listing, but they did.

windstonefan
                  Participant

Awesome Syn. More and more sellers are using other sellers listings exact words, title and exact pictures. I have let ebay know and even though its against their policies they just ask the seller to remove the listing. However most do not and they just leave them run. An if you think putting your name or water mark on the pictures stops them it does not–they use them anyway. The bad thing is that the potential buyer will think both listing are fraudulent and buy neither of them. There are a few bad eggs on ebay I have tried to scramble them by coping there listing back and calling them out but it did not work some of these sellers are huge sellers and they just do not care if you call them a picture thief/auction copier thief. Lazy or any of that they will still run the copied listing. Its a shame that ebay does not follow their own rules because their standards have dropped. HA.

windstonefan

Stephanie
                    Participant

I saw it too and reported it. I fell for one of those listings a little while ago. Got my money back but felt pretty silly. Now if I see a BIN that looks too good to be true, I always check the seller first.

LZ
                      Participant
                        Syn
                        Participant

I just called it in to eBay, but I think I was too late; it looks like someone bought it while we were talking. They will get their money back from eBay though.

Courtney
                          Participant

Hahaha I “bought” that Jade Mother China Ripoff Test paint.

Now they will do a full on investigation because the listing has been “solidified” with my purchase.

One way or another the $69 will make it back to me because I know they don’t have it. (eBay protection policy).

Now maybe eBay will take it seriously.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Another Chinese Seller is at it again! They just posted a BIN auction for the Citrine Mini Keeper!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333121776055

I reported it to eBay, but Buyer Beware! I also emailed the auction link to Ms. Susie and John so they would know.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

This is sad; back about… oh gosh, maybe 12 years ago now? When some of the Windstone official auctions were going really bonkers in terms of number of bids and ending prices, this was happening then too. I used to report so many of them back then via the Windstone ebay account!! Many each day! Sad to see that some things never change. I hope no one is caught in these scams. 🙁 You guys are so great at reporting these, thank you all so much for your vigilance!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

I remebr that Jennifer. There was also a huge issue will shill bidding on those auctions. I can’t even begin to remember the number of auctions that had second chance offers or had to be rerun.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.