Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

well there’s these things….emailed John about it….

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Windstone-Editions-Galapagos-Hatching-Turtle-Egg-Melody-Pena-Artist-1987-/223463554257?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Stephanie
      Participant

I just saw those and came here to see if anyone had already asked. I’ve never seen them before but the presentation sure looks legitimate.

fatalbeauty
        Participant

hmm, ended, so does that mean someone bought it before John could get it taken down?

1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

etruscan
          Participant

I think this was a confused seller combining non-Windstone hatching box turtles with a Windstone label. According to the description, “THIS SET CAME FROM A RECENTLY ACQUIRED COLLECTION OF TURTLE FIGURINES AND RELATED COLLECTIBLES. THE COLLECTION SPANS THE LATE 1940S THROUGH THE LATE 1980S. THIS PARTICULAR SET IS FROM 1987.”

The hatching Galapagos tortoise is this guy (photo from ebay):

Windstone_tortoise_hatching_ebay-pic

fatalbeauty
            Participant

perhaps but they could’ve done a little research on it first….I just hope John got to it first so the confusion doesn’t continue….

they also said this in the condition notes..”They were purchased new in 1987 directly from Windstone Editions in Hollywood, California USA” I dunno, it seems more and more like they wanted people to think they were Windstones, besides there was no pictures of the bottoms, the bottoms would’ve told them that those weren’t Windstones….

1. Mother Meerkat

Bodancia
              Participant

New Fake – China EBay listing – Twilight Peridot Fledgling
                https://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-TWILIGHT-PERIDOT-FLEDGLING-DRAGON-TEST-PAINT-1/233187486819?hash=item364b0eac63:g:SXsAAOSw82lcpFGI

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

LZ
                Participant

Not an exact copy, but pretty close!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mythical-Dragon-Statue-11-Sculpture-Home-Garden-Decor-/123713389209?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Copper83
                  Participant
                    Anonymous

I was on eBay and there is a tall Wizard for sale as a Windstone for $159.95, with made in Taiwan on the bottom, no felt. I didn’t think Windstones were made in Taiwan. I think this needs serious investigating…https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Pena-1986-Wizard-Figurine-with-Dragon-13/264007783267?hash=item3d78171363:g:R4sAAOSwlKRb0wOt

GardenNinja
                      Participant

Have you notified John yet? Windstone asks that you email him about fakes – John@windstoneeditions.com

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Bodine
                        Participant

This is on ebay.Don’t know how to attach links.$129.
                          Somebody send this to Mr.John please?

Screenshot_20190628-081802_eBay

Screenshot_20190628-081845_eBay

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted....Stone Lap...Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

GardenNinja
                          Participant

To my inexpert eye (I’ve never cared for the hatcher), this looks like a partial repaint, not a forgery. What caught your eye that looked fake?
                            Obviously, the ‘excellent condition’ part is lie, but that isn’t a copyright violation.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

merrillannwhite
                            Participant

I think somebody just added some silver paint to try and hide the scars.

Patricia
                              Participant

So, I’m browsing the prime sale and I found this.
                                https://www.amazon.com/Eiflow-Diamond-Painting-Adults-Embroidery/dp/B07RV47LQB/ref=sr_1_176?keywords=dragon&psr=PDAY&qid=1563227406&s=prime-day-secondary&sr=1-176

Anyone mind emailing John for me? I think I’ve lost his email. Thanks!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

sherry10151982
                                Participant

Uh-oh!! Someone’s got some ‘splainin’ to do!!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 320 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.