Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    jackid55-2
    Participant

I agree.

Kim
      Blocked

Yeah that definitely looks like a fake, copied from a Windstone male dragon. It is unfortunate it’s not real but if you like it then I am sure you would love the ones they sell on here if you wanted to get some original Windstone dragons from the store. You can also get some from the classifieds or ebay for decent prices.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Courtney
        Participant

Can someone look at this website and tell me if it’s real? This site is claiming to have a Ruby another Dragon for sale but it looks like a Red Fire Mother Dragon. They claim to have it in stock. Red Fire is an old color so I’m curious.

http://www.esotericanova.com/shop/figurines/dragons/motherdragonruby.htm

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Kim
          Blocked

Aren’t ruby and red fire both old colours? It does say something about red fire in the description so I assume that is what is is and that they must just have an old dragon in stock that didn’t sell years ago. I would message and ask them to confirm though if I were you and if you want it maybe ask for other pictures or make sure it has no chips or damage if it may have been displayed at any time.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
            Participant

It looks as though the seller is confused about the color, but the dragon is Red Fire. Red Fire is a relatively recent color (introduced about 2007) so it is quite possible that they still have one in stock. However, as Kim says, it would be good to double check.

GardenNinja
              Participant

I just went to the link to see if I could see a date on the web page… Scroll down to the bottom, and you will see this in faint text: Copyright (c) 2009 Diamond Spider Inc. All rights reserved.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Mike
                Participant

Just saw this, and of course does not look like a Windstone and I am guessing such a claim violates your trademark claims.
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHELF-DRAGON-CRYSTAL-READING-GLASSES-GOTHIC-MEDIEVAL-SIGNED-WINDSTONE-STYLE-/322358103981?hash=item4b0e0a4fad:g:PagAAOSw6DtYT2TD

GardenNinja
                  Participant

I just sent a note to John about this.

Mike
                    Participant
                      etruscan
                      Participant

It’s a different Windstone – Windstone Artisans for the keychain vs Windstone Editions for Melody’s creations.

pipsxlch
                        Participant

Looking for a cross stitch pattern I saw once (new job involves lots of sitting), and found this.
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cross-Stitch-Chart-DRAGON-PORTRAIT-No-36-108-Large-Print-/162444847224?hash=item25d277a878:g:FP0AAOSwrklVdGgx

Sarah
                          Participant

I don’t know that this is a fake, but the complete lack of felt pad (with no explaination of why it isn’t there) makes me suspicious. Pictures aren’t fantastic, but if you zoom in there are some places that look a bit rough. Or maybe I’m just looking for stuff that isn’t there as I’m already slightly suspicious because they claim there’s no damage but I found at least two dark rubbed spots. 3 days left to the auction I believe.
                            https://www.ebay.com/itm/142341844578

tig3r06
                            Participant

Sarah- I messaged the seller letting them know they shouldn’t describe it as excellent condition (in a nice way), especially since the felt/hang tag are missing. I told them none of the windstone collectors would consider that excellent condition. No response back from them yet.

Dragoneer_88
                              Participant

Found this thing. Another infringement of one of Melody’s dragon prints in the form of a giant polyester flag. It’s still kind of neat for an infringement though…I guess.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/172609547981?_trkparms=pageci%3Adb25c680-20b3-11e7-8803-74dbd180b0d8%7Cparentrq%3A6a21c82a15b0a2a4f8611812fffc0982%7Ciid%3A1&_mwBanner=1

GardenNinja
                                Participant

I sent the link to John, though I doubt there is anything he can do about it, since it is from an estate sale.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.