fbpx

Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    DarkLadyPhoenix
    Participant
      Natasha
      Participant

LoOld like a seller in China is claiming they’re selling the Phau Old Warrior;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142224384547

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

fatalbeauty
        Participant

it’s got 17 bids? hope John gets it killed soon….

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Natasha
          Participant

I reported it to eBay as fraud – hopefully they pay attention

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

Looks like the listing was removed. Good!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Celestial Rainstorm
              Participant

Oh man, on this one I just don’t know. The pose is just waaaaaay to similar to the Hatching Protoceratops, despite being a different color and species. But it does have the same shape (example being the bent elbow and similar neck structure).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Japanese-KUTANI-Porcelain-T-rex-Tyrannosaurus-dinosaur-/322315854757?hash=item4b0b85a3a5:g:VwkAAOSwB09YGvNC

Finding happiness again.

Scathach
                Participant

The listing came down very quickly. I reported to eBay (I know someone else did, too) and to John.

Life is beautiful.

GardenNinja
                  Participant

Hmm, that’s a tough one. I googled Kutani and clicked through pages of Kutani wares. None of them looked remotely like this. Very few were even animal figurines, and the majority of those that were, were cats or foo dogs done in east Asian style. The remainder were mostly Chinese zodiac animals that have been depicted in Japanese art for centuries.
                    BUT, all but one of the seller’s other items labeled as Kutani ware did look a lot like the cats depicted in what I clicked through. And the item locations are one of the main cities where Kutani ware is made. Maybe somebody at the factory decided to expand appeal by copying popular designs?

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

jackid55-2
                    Participant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Japanese-KUTANI-Porcelain-T-rex-Tyrannosaurus-dinosaur-/322315854757?hash=item4b0b85a3a5:g:VwkAAOSwB09YGvNC

This listing is back up and listed for $1200. Was it determined that this was a knock off or infringement?

GardenNinja
                      Participant

I didn’t send it to John. Did anyone else? I still can only get email on my phone, where copy-paste is very difficult. Could someone email the link to John at windstoneeditions dot com?

jackid55-2
                        Participant

I just emailed him.

FramerCid
                          Participant

Someone was sharing pictures of their dragon collection on FB when I spotted a dragon that looked very familiar. Upon closer inspection its some sort of Frankenstein-like Windstone copy with parts lifted directly from the standard male dragon, I asked the lady where she got it and she informed me she lives in Wales and bought it at a gift shop there. I couldn’t find that particular one online anywhere but I did find a direct recast of Melody’s Mother dragon for sale in Wales here: http://spiritofthegreenman.com/product-category/dragons-sculptures/

GardenNinja
                            Participant

Yikes! Someone needs to send that link to John!

Angelina
                              Participant

Hi all,

It has been suggested that I ask about a dragon I recently purchased here in Mexico (where I currently live) as it doesn’t have the felt bottom or a mark saying Windstone. The dragon was not being advertised as a Windstone and I didn’t buy it thinking it was a Windstone. I hadn’t even heard of Windstone until a couple days ago when I shared pictures on Facebook and someone asked if it was a Windstone and then I found my way here and the lovely people in the Identification thread suggested here.

Side
                                Front
                                Head and Chest
                                Face Closeup
                                Other side
                                Back
                                Pena 86
                                And like I mentioned before, nothing on the base.
                                Base

They do have other dragons they are selling that is this cast but different colors (recently they had a blue one and another silver one), but like I said they are not claiming they are Windstone or even suggesting it. No advertising or even mention of Windstone.

Let me know what you guys think, if anyone else should be told about it. I do so love it though.

etruscan
                                Participant

We all are happy that you love your dragon. You’re in good company! The problem is that the Windstone dragon design is copyrighted, so it doesn’t matter if copies are being sold as Windstones or not.

I do think that you should tell John Alberti who handles copyright issues for Windstone. john@windstoneeditions.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.