Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

[url]https://www.ebay.com/itm/284932630211?hash=item42574ee6c3:g:GBkAAOSwrMFi-XTt[/url]

Ugh, I just impulse purchased this without really looking at it and now I don’t think it’s real. I requested to cancel the order but the seller hasn’t gotten back to me. There is nowhere to really research the looks of these old pieces is there? I searched for this all over the website and couldn’t find it. I think I need to take a break from trying to find some rare piece, like I’d ever be so lucky. Oh well. We’ll see what happens, if they don’t cancel the order I [i]think[/i] I can get my money back from ebay if it is indeed counterfeit. Any thoughts?

Grail: Poad (achievement unlocked!) Am now on the hunt for almost any color scratching dragon

merrillannwhite
      Participant

There is a Windstone cat gargoyle that looks like that. It is no longer in production. The finish looks a bit weird to me, but that could just be the photography. I can see a chip in the wing on the left side, but that could be repaired. I think this is a picture from one of the old brochures :

B7C140D9-7734-4975-94A6-FE06C0CB8C2B

Lisa
        Participant

I knew it existed, it just doesn’t look…right. The seller already declined to cancel the order so I guess I’ll take better pictures when I get it and post them. I’m 99% sure it’s fake though.

Grail: Poad (achievement unlocked!) Am now on the hunt for almost any color scratching dragon

fatalbeauty
          Participant

seems a little flat in the one picture in the listing but hard to say….

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
            Participant

It could just be lousy photos. I wouldn’t despair yet. 🙂

A useful resource for the older pieces is the Astral Castle Windstone Encyclopedia. They have photos and a bit of information about production pieces up to 2009.

http://astralcastle.com/00-archive/windstone/wsframe.htm

Embrie
              Participant

It’s a super weird listing. The first picture is a picture of another listing. (It has the listing title underneath it in the picture.) The first picture looks like a fake to me because of how smooth it is, like especially the tail. It doesn’t seem to have any of the same detailing as the one in the second picture.

The second picture on the eBay listing might be of a real one.

[blockquote]I think I need to take a break from trying to find some rare piece[/blockquote]

It definitely helps to get a bit more familiar with things before buying something that only seems rare because you don’t know which pieces actually are rare or not yet.

And I wouldn’t believe any listing just because it has “rare” in the title (even though this one didn’t). Sellers on various marketplaces are very dishonest. I have seen them put “extremely rare, hard to find” in the title of items that are currently in stock in the Windstone store.

Another thing that can be helpful sometimes in seeing if an item is rare or determining pricing is to search for it on eBay and then tick “sold items” in the filters.

Doing that for the cat gargoyle actually turns up the original listing that the one you bought has a picture of. That one sold for $76, and it actually has a picture of the pad, so maybe that one wasn’t a fake after all?

[url]https://www.ebay.com/itm/394114642002?hash=item5bc3103052:g:7SYAAOSwY2xiqIt9[/url]

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Ann Marie
                Participant

I’ve seen a lot of that “RARE!” on current production items too. Some of it may be ignorance. I think some people who are not familiar with Windstone see a test paint go for a big price and think the same item in a production color will sell just as high.

Magentas-Cat

Susie
                  Keymaster

The bottom of a questionable piece tells a lot about it and the Weight of the item can tell you a lot – Windstone is heavy – fakes are often much lighter.

Lisa
                    Participant

Well, it’s real but I don’t know whether to be happy about that or not, because it was packaged like absolute garbage. I knew as soon as the mailman handed me the box. 🙁

How much should I ask for back from the seller? I bought it for $65 (which would have been a good deal to begin with, I think).

etruscan
                      Participant

So sorry this happened!

I believe that under ebay’s rules you are entitled to get all your money back. If you ask the seller and don’t get a satisfactory response you can file a complaint with ebay.

Stormbreeze
                        Participant

Hey! Haven’t been here in forever but I saw this ad on Amazon and I had to say something. Somebody’s using the Spectral on a journal?

https://a.co/d/9bkHKsX

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Lisa
                          Participant

Hey! Haven’t been here in forever but I saw this ad on Amazon and I had to say something. Somebody’s using the Spectral on a journal?

https://a.co/d/9bkHKsX

I mean, that’s pretty dang cool looking I must admit.

Nightcrow
                            Participant

I was browsing Etsy today and ran into two sellers with faux Windstones:

“StoneStatues” has at least a fake Male and fake Mother, maybe more.
                              Mother: Link
                              Male: Link

“BurgessHomeandGarden” has a fake Dragon Gargoyle: Link

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Mika
                              Participant
                                etruscan
                                Participant

Another fakeo found on etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1292499970/large-winged-dragon-statue-amazing

Did you email John about it? He handles copyright infringement.
                                  john@windstoneeditions.com

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.