Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

It also looks as though there is a dip in the first knob on his cheek. Maybe a bubble in the casting? I wonder whether this is a photo of one of the knock-off dragons. Some of them have the proportions and details distorted.

That’s what I’m thinking. Maybe one of those ash grey knockoffs, supposed to be cast from volcanic ash or somesuch? Only difference from them is usually the mold is made from a sculpt with the eyes intact, resulting in a molded-in eye that’s painted. The eye in this one doesn’t look like a Windstone eye either.

etruscan
      Participant

I don’t know the answer for this etsy listing – the description says “A handsome young green dragon gazes into the fire pit surrounded by fog. Design created by Kelly Larson of Eos & Eir Twisted Nature Creations from pieces of other photos she has taken. …”

If someone takes an original photo of a Windstone dragon and then uses that photo in her design (without crediting Windstone), what is the copyright status?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/920906963/fire-dragon-blanket?ref=shop_home_active_10

GardenNinja
        Participant

Sounds like a question for John. He would know.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Isilwen1
          Participant

I don’t know the answer for this etsy listing – the description says “A handsome young green dragon gazes into the fire pit surrounded by fog. Design created by Kelly Larson of Eos & Eir Twisted Nature Creations from pieces of other photos she has taken. …”

If someone takes an original photo of a Windstone dragon and then uses that photo in her design (without crediting Windstone), what is the copyright status?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/920906963/fire-dragon-blanket?ref=shop_home_active_10

I posted a link to the item in question, I think, from Esty a few posts back.

Woe unto ye that angers a dragon to flame!

Isilwen1
            Participant

https://www.levastyle.com/products/dragon-decor-kitchen-dishwasher-cover-dad01?fbclid=IwAR1I3nzWXF5BaghKCH6CgpEcdtjRwvssv9OoPECGVpPh3Q8c-TPhd-Tidjg

I just came across this. Looks like one of Melody’s drawings.

Aldana
              Participant

So I have had this small green dragon in my collection for 15 years or more, he came with a job lot of small cute kid friendly dragons that we used to sale at boot fairs. Something about this dragon always had me thinking that he is a bit like a Windstone. Same sort of scales and the way the tail loops around d his body, even a jewel on the forehead. There is even a blank part where a signature stamp would be. The bottom says Made In China.
                Like I said, this is an old dragon but would like to know what others think.green small dragon

the back of the Dragon
                where the stamp would be

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

etruscan
                Participant

You’re right – he does seem to include pieces from Windstone dragons. Maybe a heavily modified mash-up of a Young dragon and a Male dragon?

Moonracer
                  Participant

Good afternoon,

This popped up on my Facebook feed and I don’t know(doubtful but could be wrong)if they have permission to use this image.Diamond art dragon

GardenNinja
                    Participant

I can just about guarantee they don’t. That needs to be reported to John – john@windstoneeditions.com

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Aldana
                      Participant

There are more like this. Found on UK Ebay.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOTHIC-LEGENDS-DRAGONS-FOUR-ASSORTED-ORNAMENT-FIGURINES-/133684727846?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

etruscan
                        Participant

A not-quite-right circle of cats that the seller is attributing to Windstone. I have messaged him (or her) that it is not a Windstone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/windstone-editions-Cat-Circle-7-Cats-with-Candle-Holder/254925477715?hash=item3b5abe1753:g:QUcAAOSwyyxgZm06

Copper83
                          Participant
                            merrillannwhite
                            Participant

There are a couple of Windstone dinos listed on eBay by red-rose-Japan. The triceratops looks legit, but the velociraptor is a knock-off. It has painted eyes and a brown felt pad.

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

There are a couple of Windstone dinos listed on eBay by red-rose-Japan. The triceratops looks legit, but the velociraptor is a knock-off. It has painted eyes and a brown felt pad.

been reporting those Velocirators to Ebay, they seem to poof if enough people report them but they show up again later…so I report, check a week or two later then report the new ones….saying something along the line of “Windstone uses glass eyes and stamps their name on the felt bottom, this has neither” seems to work…..I reported the two up now a few hours ago…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Isilwen1
                                Participant

This one popped up in the Facebook Marketplace. It’s another of those diamond painting things that has stolen Windstone dragon images on it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/222442576319609/

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.