Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant
      GardenNinja
      Participant

Pip, did you “report item”? If you select “report item”, then select “Listing practices” -> “Search and browse manipulation” -> “Misusing a brand name” (“The listing includes a brand name other than the brand name used by the company that manufactured or produced the item for sale.”)

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Bodine
        Participant

I saw that too.Wow.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
          Participant

No, I didn’t. Didn’t even think of it.*blush*

Okay. Reported!

etruscan
            Participant

Sigh … this modified and repainted Frog Wizard is the latest piece posted by the “He Who Shall Be Nameless Former Forum Member”:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-HABANERO-THE-WIZARD-FROG-EXTREMELY-RARE-THE-ONLY-ONE-IN-EXI/383928141183?hash=item5963e6857f:g:8UQAAOSwoIhgFiqB

I have emailed John about it. With that many modifications I doubt that it can be described as a Windstone, but who knows.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

This auction needs to clearly state that this specific wizard frog is a ‘Repaint’ and an ‘Altered’ sculpture, within the title and description. The way this person writes it this auction implies that this Habanero Frog was a ‘custom painted’ piece and ‘extremely rare’ one done by Windstone Editions, which is completely false – as we all know!

I HOPE some of our newer Forum members who have not encountered this “He Who Shall Be Nameless Former Forum Member” and his past shenanigans won’t be taken in by this VERY MISLEADING eBay auction and tempted to bid on it thinking it’s something special that Windstone Editions staff did.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
                Participant

There is someone else who has been posting a lot of repaints on eBay but not saying they are repaints, only “custom windstones,” without saying who is repainting them. I find those listings misleading also.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Scathach
                  Participant

There is someone else who has been posting a lot of repaints on eBay but not saying they are repaints, only “custom windstones,” without saying who is repainting them. I find those listings misleading also.

Any links?

Life is beautiful.

pipsxlch
                    Participant

I’ve noticed those also, and have been surprised that they haven’t been shut down.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

Any links?

I just looked but I didn’t see any of her listings right now unless I missed one……

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

tig3r06
                        Participant

Any links?

I just looked but I didn’t see any of her listings right now unless I missed one……

Here ya go. I know the name of the user on the facebook group, but I won’t list that publicly.
                          https://www.ebay.com/itm/324468512070

Isilwen1
                          Participant
                            Pegasi1978
                            Participant

So this was posted in a game group I’m a part of on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1612821695598

It reminds me of the male dragon, but something is just off.

LZ
                              Participant

No reflection of the swarovski crystals on its head. They must have been edited out.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

etruscan
                                Participant

It also looks as though there is a dip in the first knob on his cheek. Maybe a bubble in the casting? I wonder whether this is a photo of one of the knock-off dragons. Some of them have the proportions and details distorted.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.