fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Authentic windstone turtle my butt

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Tara
      Participant

It’s not a fake it’s false advertising. I actually have that turtle. It’s resin and I bought it in a keepsake shop in Hawaii. (and it has a gold made in China sticker)

Kim
        Blocked

I saw that turtle too and messaged the seller asking who told them it was an authentic Windstone piece and I reported it.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

rock-reader
          Participant

I don’t know if this is a knock off or just misnaming but there is what appears to be a Windstone Guardian Gargoyal (?) Dragon listed on eBay as “Windstone Editions by Ashley Avery’s – Dragon Statue”. Is this a misrepresentation or what? Was Ashley Avery some Windstone painter that I’ve never heard of?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-by-Ashley-Averys-Dragon-Statue-/321187884717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac84a2ead#ht_117wt_1141

Adaneth
            Participant

There’s an Ashely Avery’s listed as a dealer in Texas, so it’s probably just a case of confusion.

rock-reader
              Participant

Okay, thanks, Adaneth. 🙂

fatalbeauty
                Participant

looks to me like the shop liked to used their custom boxes instead the proper Windstone one….though shouldn’t the ebay person still be corrected?

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Rachel
                  Participant

(I reported this to John)
                    There is a game available for smart phones by G5 Games called “The Secret Society: Hidden Mystery” that uses what appears to be an image of a male dragon in gold. It is a reward for collecting the “mythological creatures” collection. The game is available on iPhone and Android.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141043843493?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

this one is bothering me, claims the dragons are old green…well the one pictured has blue eyes, there seems to be a point where peacock is coming through and the odd green pad is very weird too….normally I’d go oh, dumb repainter but this one is copying Windstone colors trying to pass something that’s kinda old as something older still….

1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141043843493?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

this one is bothering me, claims the dragons are old green…well the one pictured has blue eyes, there seems to be a point where peacock is coming through and the odd green pad is very weird too….normally I’d go oh, dumb repainter but this one is copying Windstone colors trying to pass something that’s kinda old as something older still….

There is something fishy with that one, I agree. The paint job is not quite right, the green felt on the bottom is added, and the listing says 1 out of 3 available? Even if it is just something that someone poorly touched up or repainted, the listing is misleading because it most certainty is not in ‘new’ condition. It has been modified in at least one way. Can you email this to John?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

There is something fishy with that one, I agree. The paint job is not quite right, the green felt on the bottom is added, and the listing says 1 out of 3 available? Even if it is just something that someone poorly touched up or repainted, the listing is misleading because it most certainty is not in ‘new’ condition. It has been modified in at least one way. Can you email this to John?

done…

1. Mother Meerkat

Pam

I have seen those before. John thinks they are the fakes that came from Mexico. Here is where they were mentioned:
                            http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/report-windstone-fakesknock-offsinfringment-pls-read-first?page=22#comment-801836

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

I have seen those before. John thinks they are the fakes that came from Mexico. Here is where they were mentioned:
                              http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/report-windstone-fakesknock-offsinfringment-pls-read-first?page=22#comment-801836

Aha! I thought it rang a bell but my memory has been vile lately. Thank you!

It would also explain why there are several of them from one seller.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Wow.. as far as knock offs go this is done pretty well… if you look at the close up of the top of the wing you can see the air bubbles in the casting

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Dandr13
                                Participant

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Laying-Winged-Dragon-Statue-Terracotta-and-Green-/130958074472?pt=Art_Sculpture&hash=item1e7db5a268

This to me looks like a very poorly executed attempt to copy the mother dragon sculpture.
                                  (Already notified john)

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,070 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.