fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    John
    Keymaster

Yes, that is one of the original ones. Pretty crude isn’t it? And don’t be surprised of the eye paint is coming off the backs of the eyes because we were not yet using fired on glass enamels. There was more like a twenty year gap between these and the old castings that were recently painted.

Bodine
      Participant

Thanks so much for the info.I was thinking maybe that was it but wasn’t quite sure with snout looking long and like you said,the eyes.I am sorry to say that it is not mine.I am bidding on it however.I really do want to get Amber a Razorbackl I will keep looking and if anyone has one they are not in love with pleease contact me. 🙂

I was the one bidding against you and I am done. Hope you get him!

Thanks Mr.John for the extra info and Rock-Reader.I usually drop out of a bidding if I know a member is wanting something pretty bad so I thank you very much whether that is why you did it or not but good news,I WON HIM!!! And for only $66.00.Thanks y’all!!!What a wonderful find.I love the old,old pieces 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pam

Do you have one of the razorbacks from the repainted 2008 or 2009 batch that melody did? Cant remember the year exactly. The hooves and snout on this old one dont look off to me, but maybe the molds warped.

Bodine
          Participant

Yes,Ma’am.This is #8/20 signed and from Ebay Dec.2008
            Image and video hosting by TinyPic
            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bodine
            Participant

Just perception I guess,angle in the photo.I am very pleased we have one of each now.Awesome!

fatalbeauty
              Participant

just barely missed him but I couldn’t convince hubby to raise the snipe…

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                Participant

Aww,well,glad hubby chose not to… 🙂 in the nicest sort of way possible.
                  This old fellow will be very welcome here and I had a high bid on him too.We really wanted him.Don’t know how the snipe thing works.Sorry you missed this one but another will come along that is meant to be yours you’ll see. 🙂

rock-reader
                  Participant

Yes, I dropped out because I could tell you really wanted him. Congratulations!!

Nina
                    Participant

This one reminds me of the dragon gargoyles http://www.ebay.com/itm/290944993369?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

I haven’t sent it to Jon yet because I wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts where. The head is close to the dragon gargoyle but it’s very badly done

Bodine
                      Participant

oh…Windstone gorgoyle body,messed with head and baby added?

Pam

Deffinately looked like it was “inspired” by the guardian dragon gargoyle.

fatalbeauty
                          Participant

noticed this guy on ebay today, he just doesn’t look right and the seller claims the Windstone markings were worn away? and I don’t see any sign of the copyright carving year on it either….also he doesn’t have glass eyes….fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WINDSTONE-BABY-TURTLE-HATCHING-FROM-EGG-GUC-UNMARKED-SMALL-FIGURINE-/111137670725?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e0524645

4 things I'm looking for:
                            1. Mother Meerkat
                            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

look st the bottem. there is a ring where one of those “made in china” gold sticker would have been peeled of. the residue is still ther

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

pony-up
                            Participant

You can tell from the bottom that it is fake. Looks like a cheap resin from the dollar store to me. Also, I never heard of Windstone making a baby hatching turtle.

is fake, here is the real,

and the one on ebay

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,070 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.