fbpx

Red Flame

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Red Flame

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

emerald212 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Are you worried at all about the red flame and ruby being too similar? And if it looks reeeally good, are you worried about the ruby not selling as well after you release it? (If you release it:)

I think if they release the Red Gold color, the Ruby will be retired. Collectors will just have to get informed as to the difference and be alert for unknowledgeable people on eBay. πŸ™‚Probably. I was just asking since ruby was not that old. πŸ™‚

Participant

The colors maybe easily confused by the non-collector, but I believe they will have different eye colors so that could be a way to distinguish them. As Ski said, they would probably retire the Rubies, and I for one, will love to see flame instead of ruby. And yes, orange eyes would be great!

I’m a bit confused– is the ‘new’ color we’re discussing the color that was on the curlies (which was nice, but in all truth, was just ok for me personally) or the slightly different jaw dropping red on the SK that was recently auctioned?

Maybe they’re somehow the same– but I thought of them as differently painted. The curlie was pretty, but, for me, the way the gradient from red to gold was done was a bit stark– like a red/gold sandwich layer rather than soft blending of color. Being small, it might be lack of room for slower blending from red TO gold, where the larger SK had lovely soft blending and melding of color on her.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

The new color that is being considered is the very beautiful deep red/orange/flame color that Olimpia came up with, as seen on this secret keeper:

Which was called ‘red gold’ on the auction for the secret keeper, but if made into a production color, Melody’d like to call it “Red Flame”.

EDIT:

Because I’m usually confused, I’ve been corrected! The “red flame” Melody is considering is somewhat DIFFERENT than the SK pictured above! Sorry!! 😳

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Its just a beautiful colouring, ide definately be importing some of those into the country 8)

Ooooo pretty… πŸ˜›

Nambroth wrote:

The new color that is being considered is the very beautiful deep red/orange/flame color that Olimpia came up with, as seen on this secret keeper:

Which was called ‘red gold’ on the auction for the secret keeper, but if made into a production color, Melody’d like to call it “Red Flame”.

thank you! I was a bit confused, as the color on the curlie was ‘red flame’ as well, but looked a lot different (again, might have been the size limitation of a curlie that made me think so πŸ™‚ ). Olimpia’s dragon was incredible– I think I’d buy almost anything in that color. πŸ˜€

I think my curlie should be called pink flame.

Tiffany
          Participant

hmmmmmmmmm. but where does this leave the violet flame? the new red flame is still similar to ruby, you know, still red tones with gold tones on the wings,similar essentially, though definitely different. the violet flame is very different from anything else out there and really eyecatching and exciting. i hope it doesn’t get forgotten about! its my favorite color!

Bob

I would LOVE the whole line in this new red color. My “RUBY” emperor is very light compared to what I thought a Ruby dragon shoule be

Patricia
              Participant

Nytetyger wrote:

thank you! I was a bit confused, as the color on the curlie was ‘red flame’ as well, but looked a lot different (again, might have been the size limitation of a curlie that made me think so πŸ™‚ ). Olimpia’s dragon was incredible– I think I’d buy almost anything in that color. πŸ˜€

I thought the little curlie color was called russet?

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Bob

yes it was I was just about to post the same thing

Melody
                  Keymaster

Barrdwing wrote:

That Red Gold (Red Flame?) SK was the most spectacular piece I’ve ever seen and I had one heck of a time chaining down my wallet when I saw her. (It’s really not a good time to be spending over $3,000. That doesn’t mean she isn’t worth every penny! I’m still sorry I didn’t bid on her.) If that color comes out in regular release, I will be doing silly backflips of delight! πŸ˜€

The “Red flame” isn’t the same as the “Red Gold” SK, exactly. Olympia’s Sk’s are more of a deep burgundy red with bright gold glitter deep down in the red. The “red flame” is more of a bright red, similar to the Rubys, but they also have a fiery orange/gold trim.

Melody
                    Keymaster

Keplilly wrote:

Nytetyger wrote:

I thought the little curlie color was called russet? Was It? I thought that was what we called it too.

Melody
                      Keymaster

Nytetyger wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

thank you! I was a bit confused, as the color on the curlie was ‘red flame’ as well, but looked a lot different (again, might have been the size limitation of a curlie that made me think so πŸ™‚ ). Olimpia’s dragon was incredible– I think I’d buy almost anything in that color. πŸ˜€This isn’t the same color exactly as teh “red flame” color. Olympias Sks are called “red gold”. In addition to the ruby color, they have deep burgundy (almost rootbeer color)shading with gold glitter showing through.
                        The “Red Flames” are more like the Ruby color but with bright orange /gold on them.I will post a pic when I get back home. However, we still don’t know if this color can be done in production or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.