fbpx

rant rant tired rant

Home Forums Miscellany Community rant rant tired rant

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Awwww she’s adorable! We had a kitten at the SPCA in those colors back when I worked there – she didn’t get adopted.

Probably the lack of adoption is due to – everyone wants a kitten. No one wants an adult cat that they can’t train out of undesireable habits. Getting Kimi to not scratch the furniture is like trying to tell the sky to not rain. It fails. πŸ™„

Amanda
    Participant

She looks like a Sadie or a Lucy to me πŸ˜€

Skigod377
      Participant

Sorry about your crappy computer but congrats on your cat!!! Thats so awesome of you!

As for names, I like Nadie or Asha. I chose them for the meaning (hope) rather then she *looks* like a… since I think any cat looks the name you give it after awhile πŸ™‚

Heather
        Participant

From her photos she seems to have a touch of calico influence, but without the white. I’ve seen those before; we call them “stealth calicos”. πŸ˜‰ I think you’re right about her nervousness: she’s been through a lot in the past several months, and now she’s adapting to a new environment and isn’t sure how things work there yet. It might help to give her her own space for a while where other pets can’t come, just to give her a “safe zone” to expand from. Good luck with her: she’s very lucky that you’ve been keeping an eye on her!

And I hope that the computer situation gets resolved to your satisfaction. It’s so annoying to have something that won’t stay fixed. πŸ™

Maria
          Participant

Sorry about your computer troubles, purplecat, but it’s great that you gave the pretty kitty a new home. Good luck finding a new name.

Purplecat
            Participant

In the book I have…tabby kitties with splotches of calico in their stripes like her are called Torbies. Not to be confused with Torties…which are black and orange spotted kitties, with no…or minor presence of stripes. Torties are predominantly calicos with no white…while Torbies are stripey kitties with color interference…from my understanding of it anyway! πŸ™‚ She seems to be doing ok this morning, she slept some with us last night.

Thanks for all the kind wishes with the computer, it’s been terribly frustrating…I’m glad we got the warranty, or I’d have been crap out of luck. As it is, though it’s inconvenient..at least there’s a good chance it’ll turn out just fine, even if I am pulling my hair out in the meantime. πŸ™„

Setsunawolf
              Participant

You are wonderful for helping the kitty. And she is beautiful, she looks like my Frisky who I had for 17 years. I hope she brings you as much joy as my baby cat did to me.

Sorry to hear about the puter. I know how frustrating it can be when they don’t work and you really NEED them to. Good luck.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Jodi
                Participant

She is a beautiful cat! I bet she’s glad you came and took her home. I like the name Hillary, btw. It seems to fit her.

Azurielle
                  Participant

That’s wonderful about the cat. I hate those cages…I just want to take all of them home with me, and cuddle and love them…but we already five cats between me and Brighstar… πŸ™

Keeper of the Fledgings

Katherine
                    Participant

Awww! I don’t see how anyone can pass her up! I love her stripes and calico markings. Kudos to you for giving her a new home!! I am sorry about your computer. *hugs*

Jasmine
                      Participant

I think she’s very pretty. The first cat my family owned was a brown tabby. I still miss him. Thank you so much for taking her in.

Hey, if you decide to switch to a Mac (they’re soooo much better than a pc) the store will transfer all your files for you…

Purplecat
                        Participant

mmm…the kitchen smells good. I decided to make homemade lasagna, one of my specialties. Nothing like the smell of marinara and spices in the kitchen.

Kitty is starting to relax a little, though is super jumpy. She really enjoys watching the lizard tank…where my bearded dragons reside. I dont think she’s ever seen lizards before, and is hugely entertained by them. They could really care less in there, and arent afraid of kitty spectators at all.

Some names we’re considering for her are….

Misty
                          Miriam
                          Sienna
                          Tasha
                          Bella
                          Maggie
                          Nala
                          Sarabi
                          Adelle
                          Calypso
                          Lacie
                          Beth

dragonmedley
                          Participant

She’s a cutie! I’d go for Sienna. It suits her colors.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Amanda
                            Participant

Hehe, I love that she’s facinated by the lizards! *giggles* I like Lacie and Bella a lot from those names πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.