fbpx

rant rant tired rant

Home Forums Miscellany Community rant rant tired rant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Whew…yesterday I worked hard…and late, on orders and normal family stuffs. I cleaned castings, boxed orders, ran to the post office, painted sculpts, fixed dinner, did meal planning, then did the grocery shopping…came home and put it all away and collapsed for the day. Today I got up and my computer….freshly retrieved from being fixed on friday….croaked again. SOOooo….today, even though I had tons of art things to do…I had to drive all the way to lexington again. They’re gonna TRY to fix it, AGAIN! The service rep gave a recommendation of junking it, and replacing it with a new one, since this is my fourth time taking it in. But, even if they replace it, I’ll need to buy security software and stuffs for it if I cant find my old disks….crud. I’m irritated and tired of having to deal with them not being able to fix it. I need my computer for things, and poor Chris has been without his for just as long…since he’s been so kind as to let me use his while mine’s out. Even though he’s sweet natured about it, I know it inconveniences him too…so I’m irritated for his sake as well.

Poor Chris has the flu…and has been a zombie for the past two days….

And then…I went to Petsmart, where the humane society has those little cages with animals needing adoption…and there’s this cat. Hillary…she’s been there every time I go for over the past month. She used to lift her head and rub against the door, then she quit getting up, and would just lift her head. This time she just laid there, curled up in a morose ball, looking depressed. The normal adoption fee is around $80 or more…but this poor cat had been marked down to $20…she’d been there forever. I had to…I brought her home. Talking to the adoption people, she’d been there, at petsmart, in that small boxlike steel cage for the past 6 months. They dont have foster homes, she’s literally been in that little cage for that long. She’s a very nervous and shy kitty, but doing well, and enjoys gentle petting. With some time I think she’ll level out and have a wonderful life with us. I just couldnt leave her there. Pitiful baby…overlooked because she doesnt have the flash markings other kittys have. She’s lovely, but her markings and beauty take more than a passing glance to see and appreciate. *cuddles kitty*

Purplecat
      Participant

siberakh1
        Participant

purplecat wrote:

Whew…yesterday I worked hard…and late, on orders and normal family stuffs. I cleaned castings, boxed orders, ran to the post office, painted sculpts, fixed dinner, did meal planning, then did the grocery shopping…came home and put it all away and collapsed for the day. Today I got up and my computer….freshly retrieved from being fixed on friday….croaked again. SOOooo….today, even though I had tons of art things to do…I had to drive all the way to lexington again. They’re gonna TRY to fix it, AGAIN! The service rep gave a recommendation of junking it, and replacing it with a new one, since this is my fourth time taking it in. But, even if they replace it, I’ll need to buy security software and stuffs for it if I cant find my old disks….crud. I’m irritated and tired of having to deal with them not being able to fix it. I need my computer for things, and poor Chris has been without his for just as long…since he’s been so kind as to let me use his while mine’s out. Even though he’s sweet natured about it, I know it inconveniences him too…so I’m irritated for his sake as well.

Poor Chris has the flu…and has been a zombie for the past two days….

And then…I went to Petsmart, where the humane society has those little cages with animals needing adoption…and there’s this cat. Hillary…she’s been there every time I go for over the past month. She used to lift her head and rub against the door, then she quit getting up, and would just lift her head. This time she just laid there, curled up in a morose ball, looking depressed. The normal adoption fee is around $80 or more…but this poor cat had been marked down to $20…she’d been there forever. I had to…I brought her home. Talking to the adoption people, she’d been there, at petsmart, in that small boxlike steel cage for the past 6 months. They dont have foster homes, she’s literally been in that little cage for that long. She’s a very nervous and shy kitty, but doing well, and enjoys gentle petting. With some time I think she’ll level out and have a wonderful life with us. I just couldnt leave her there. Pitiful baby…overlooked because she doesnt have the flash markings other kittys have. She’s lovely, but her markings and beauty take more than a passing glance to see and appreciate. *cuddles kitty*

AWWWWWWWW! That’s so great about Hillary! It is a shame that she had to wait and was resigned to a small cage for so long. No wonder she is depressed! I would be too. Poor thing. πŸ˜₯ At least she has someone to lover her now! πŸ˜€ I saw a kitty down in New Orleans when I was visiting Keschete and I sooooo wanted to bring her home with me, but I had no way to get her home and up to me (plus mom wouldn’t let me get her I’m sure).

That stinks about the pc troubles.

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

AWWWW!!! KITTY! Post pics! Post pics!

I know she’ll perk up and be an absolute joy! Sometimes a little TLC will make all the world! Unfortunately not so with Computers…. πŸ‘Ώ Good luck with yours!!

Purplecat
            Participant

I took a couple pics, i’ll have them up in a sec! The computer will most likely be replaced, but they have to try fixing it at the store, then send it off if that fails for a final verdict. I’ll also have to buy another warranty…as this one will be voided with the replacement of the computer. And I will say…there’s NO WAY I’d go without a warranty after this experience. too bad they’re so expensive. I may have a sale or something to raise the extra to pay for it…discount twitters maybe?

Purplecat
              Participant

poor baby….I think she’s pretty, even if no one else did. She has some issues, where she’s not used to being able to explore, or interacting alot. With a little time she’ll be ok though. We’re considering renaming her, though we’re not decided on that yet.

twindragonsmum
                Participant

She is beautiful!!! Brown tabby is and always has been my favorite color of kitty πŸ˜€ I’m soooo glad she has a new home with you… Give her lots of lurvs from our family!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

AWWWW!! She’s so pretty!!!! she must be the silver lining in your storm cloud! oh, and STUPID COMPUTERS!

Megan
                  Participant

Poor sweetheart. I think she’s beautiful, too! Hopefully soon she will realize she is loved and come the rest of the way out of her shell. Who knows… she might be the good luck charm that heralds the permanent well-being of your computer πŸ˜‰

Copper83
                    Participant

She’s lovely PC. I’m partial to brown tabbys also. It’s really cool that you took her in. I don’t know that I could have left her there either.

Rusti
                      Participant

I love her markings. She *is* a pretty cat. Good that she found a home with you!

Laurie
                        Participant

I think she’s beautiful as well. and puters suck. πŸ˜‰

Amanda
                          Participant

Oh my goodness I think Hillary is gorgeous! I love that reddish coloring, I can’t believe she was overlooked for so long! Such a sap I am, reading about her getting more and more depressed had me with tears in my eyes, I am SO glad you brought her home! Poor girl probably doesn’t know what to do with herself now that shes out of that little cage!

I do agree though, a new name is in order! πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                            Participant

name suggestions are welcome! yeah…I was pretty torn up by seeing her there over and over…poor thing. She’s still pretty nervous, and though she’ll relax for short bits of time, she keeps hiding in the closet..or other enclosed areas, and sometimes hisses or bites if you move too quickly towards her. She’s feeling very insecure out in the open, where she’s used to being in a cage. It’ll just take time and gentleness. πŸ™‚

Laurie
                              Participant

Beauty? Sissy? Rachel? Maya?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.