fbpx

Quest 7

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 7

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

What an ingenious quest!! And what an opportunity for an artist, if their emperor does end up painted!! How exciting!

I really hope the winner gets painted! It would be awesome! But, either way, I’m excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Sirithiliel
      Participant

Question! In the l’eagle bit, it states the copyright information must be clearly visible, but you also say no text. So the copyright information doesn’t count towards that, right? And what sort of copyright information do we need to include? something like ‘ Copyright Windstone Editions’ in one corner? =) I just want to do things correctly, forgive me if this is a silly question.

Kiya
        Participant

Question! In the l’eagle bit, it states the copyright information must be clearly visible, but you also say no text. So the copyright information doesn’t count towards that, right? And what sort of copyright information do we need to include? something like ‘ Copyright Windstone Editions’ in one corner? =) I just want to do things correctly, forgive me if this is a silly question.

Haha, sorry this isn’t more clear!

There is, on the bottom of the tail, a copy right notice (C 2010 Pena). That needs to remain visible.

Erika
          Participant

We got orientals as prizes because I needed two similar prizes for the two categories. πŸ™‚ (I’ve got access to a little pool of “not quite ebay worthy” things to use as prizes).

As for the images, I got two line arts from Melody (both dragons) and picked one by way of a super fast, super informal poll on which one was preferred. LOL

I’d LOVE to have a griffin prize some day! We’ve done unicorns, kirins, dragons, and pebbles – we need some griffins!

Oh! Orientals is good, they’re my favorites of the dragons. Second them are the curlies and coileds. πŸ™‚

Sirithiliel
            Participant

Haha, sorry this isn’t more clear!

There is, on the bottom of the tail, a copy right notice (C 2010 Pena). That needs to remain visible.

ooooh now it makes sense! Thank you!

Falcolf
              Participant

Is it alright if you used the .tiff? Is it any different from the .png file? And can we colour the eyes (in windstone eye chart colours), ‘cus they look pretty soulless without eyes haha. Zombie dragons!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

I have never done a quest, and my first will be coloring. This is the ultimate awesome. I already have an idea wrote down! Can’t wait to get started! I also can’t wait to see other peoples ideas too! And the prize is a dream if the winner gets the emperor painted like their idea! <3

Kiya
                Participant

Is it alright if you used the .tiff? Is it any different from the .png file? And can we colour the eyes (in windstone eye chart colours), ‘cus they look pretty soulless without eyes haha. Zombie dragons!

It’s okay, but it’s set to gray-scale. I’d recommend downloading the .png just because it’s set to the correct color setttings, but it’s not a requirement.

You can color the eyes any color you want. Even if Windstone doesn’t have them, they might be able to make them/buy them. I’d just stay away from anything TOO crazy. πŸ™‚

Kiya
                  Participant

I have never done a quest, and my first will be coloring. This is the ultimate awesome. I already have an idea wrote down! Can’t wait to get started! I also can’t wait to see other peoples ideas too! And the prize is a dream if the winner gets the emperor painted like their idea! <3

The prize will NOT be an emperor painted like your idea. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee your idea will ever be painted (though it’s possible!) If it does, chances are good it will be for ebay.

From the Terms and Conditions – the prizes are as follows: “PRIZE: The prizes shall consist of a Sun Dragon (Traditional Medium) and a Moon Dragon (Digital Medium) painted by P.S. The Prizes are new with Box and Tag and will come with a signed Certificate of Authenticity declaring them to be a contest prize.”

Sorry about that! I should have posted the prizes in my top post. I’ll do that when I get to work.

Falcolf
                    Participant

Haha well, I managed alright with it anyway, I’m used to changing settings on photoshop. I just changed it to RGB and it worked just fine though I’m sure the .png was easier to work with. Thank you! I was concerned we had to leave the eye sockets hollow lol!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

John
                      Keymaster

Hi ! It will be a beautiful contest, there are a lot of artists in the forum πŸ™‚ I have a little question. For peoples who are overseas, traditional submissions have necessary to be mailed by post? It get three weeks from France. Thanks for the answer, the quest and your work πŸ™‚

Yes, traditional media submissions must be mailed regardless of where you are located. We need to have the entries by no later than 9/19 to be included in the judging.

Good luck!

If she is three weeks out by mail can she take a digital photo of the colored piece and submit that? We would have to trust that photos aren’t digitally altered but, otherwise, I don’t see why she shouldn’t be able to submit it as a photo.

Kiya
                        Participant

Hi ! It will be a beautiful contest, there are a lot of artists in the forum πŸ™‚ I have a little question. For peoples who are overseas, traditional submissions have necessary to be mailed by post? It get three weeks from France. Thanks for the answer, the quest and your work πŸ™‚

Yes, traditional media submissions must be mailed regardless of where you are located. We need to have the entries by no later than 9/19 to be included in the judging.

Good luck!

If she is three weeks out by mail can she take a digital photo of the colored piece and submit that? We would have to trust that photos aren’t digitally altered but, otherwise, I don’t see why she shouldn’t be able to submit it as a photo.

That’s up to you, John! I wouldn’t recommend it, but we could certainly allow it. We will be taking photos of the traditional media submission finalists for voting. Taking them all at the factory makes sure they are taken under the same circumstances so we’re comparing the same style/resolution/quality of the shot.

However, if she wants to submit her own photo at the risk of it being lower quality than the other traditional media submissions, I have no real issue with that – it just might jeopardize her chances at winning.

Pam

I would think if its ok for her to take a picture of the drawing, then it would be even better if she could scan it. Photographs of paper drawing usually don’t turn out well (at all).

If you have the tiff file its perfectly fine to use if you are just printing it out OR if you know how to change it to rgb on the computer πŸ™‚

Kiya
                            Participant

I would think if its ok for her to take a picture of the drawing, then it would be even better if she could scan it. Photographs of paper drawing usually don’t turn out well (at all).

I was really figuring we’d see which one turned out better (scans or photos). My primary goal is just to make sure that all the traditional media images are the same quality so that we have a level playing field. πŸ™‚

Kiya
                              Participant

Hi Everyone!

As a reminder – Ayonah does not read his PMs. If you have a question/problem/want to submit your entry please send an email to Ayonah @ windstoneeditions . com

I check his email for him (darn lion paws are hard for typing!) so emails will be viewed and responded to promptly.

You are also welcome to respond to this thread with any questions!

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 176 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.