fbpx

Quest 7

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 7

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

I’d just like to remind people who are insulting other forum members in this thread, that this Facebook hullabaloo was actually addressed earlier in this thread. I’ll quote it in case you missed it, because it clearly states that posting entries on Facebook IS indeed allowed, as long as it’s not on a Windstone website.

Regardless of how you feel about this, calling fellow forum members cheaters and making them feel badly about doing something that is ALLOWED, is not right. Perhaps think about how what you are saying could be taken by people that could possibly even be your friends, before you say it.

HOWEVER – We can’t police the internet. ๐Ÿ™‚ So, you are welcome to post your entry to your Facebook, email your friends, call your mom, etc.

Just as long as it is not on a site that is owned or managed by Windstone, it’s just fine (so you can post your entry to your OWN Facebook page, but you can’t post a message about it to Windstone’s Official Facebook wall.)

There is also an unofficial Windstone group on Facebook and what you do there is your own business. ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Facebook is a moot point. It’s only one way to get around collecting illegitimate votes. In fact, if you think about it, there are multiple ways to do this. Besides soliciting on social media sites, there are A LOT of other ways to garner votes if you REALLY think about it. For example, much like the way you get around a 1 per person limit in the store perhaps? A point that’s been raised before in other discussions, but I’ll leave that for Windstone to investigate.

Overall, my feeling is just that no good deed goes unpunished. I simply find it sad that we have such an AMAZING company with AMAZING people who practically bends over backwards to make us all happy and this is how some people repay their unfathomable generosity. Overall, I just think it is very very sad that something like this would arise in the first place.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
        Participant

I agree with that point drag0n – It would be wonderful if people didn’t have to resort to such tactics to feel like they’re being treated fairly – however, I was just trying to call attention to the fact that this (as of right now, at least) is indeed allowed, and cutting people down for doing it really isn’t right.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

True, I’m just sort of glad I was too busy to enter! I just hope the whole mess is sorted out in a fair manner. I’m sure it will be, I have full faith in the windstone family to make whatever decisions are necessary to prevent things like this in the future. Maybe we will have to avoid voting like this for future quests.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Misty
            Participant

I have full faith in the windstone family to make whatever decisions are necessary to prevent things like this in the future.

This =) I don’t think this needs to resort to anymore anger or hard feelings. I just, quite simply, would like a fair chance. As everyone should receive, who enters these little contests. If our voting methods need to change, that may be the solution. (the email method kiya kindly brought up before perhaps, or a judging panel, or some other idea yet to be come up with)
              And if the quest l’eagles and the windstone gang say they are working on it. We should give them a chance to try to fix this mess without making it more difficult for them. *steps off soap box* lol

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Honestly, I’m just sad that something that was designed to be fun and community building has turned so sour. I’m sure that John and the crew will figure out the best way to make it fair.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Not everyone has access to social media, and we were asked to not claim our entries until after the voting. Claiming your entry and asking people to vote for you because they are your friend and not an active member or even a collecter before the voting is over violates the spirit of this competition.

My job has a no social media policy, so If I create any account and get caught, I get fired. How is it fair if some people can use social media and others can’t?

I stand by my earlier comments, and if you have an issue w/ my choice of words, please pm me rather than scold me on a public forum. Another example of poor behavior by adults who feel they need to work around the rules rather than follow them.

Hannah
                Participant

Once again Marge, these ARE part of the acceptable rules. If you are angry with them, then go to the source and complain instead of spewing hateful words towards people who are only following them.

Quite frankly, I am incredibly disappointed with the moderators of this forum for being so strict in other areas of the forum against hateful diatribes, yet just letting it run rampant in this one. In fact, I feel as though they are on the SIDE of the people spewing the the hate. It really makes me think twice about whether or not I want to be part of this online community anymore. If the rules were unacceptable, they should have been changed prior to the voting. They were not changed – this exact behavior was accepted during a quest in the past and no one balked any complaints at that time. Why should it be any different now? Again, really not happy with how this is being handled by the forum mods in particular.

Kiya
                  Participant

Not everyone has access to social media, and we were asked to not claim our entries until after the voting. Claiming your entry and asking people to vote for you because they are your friend and not an active member or even a collecter before the voting is over violates the spirit of this competition.

My job has a no social media policy, so If I create any account and get caught, I get fired. How is it fair if some people can use social media and others can’t?

I stand by my earlier comments, and if you have an issue w/ my choice of words, please pm me rather than scold me on a public forum. Another example of poor behavior by adults who feel they need to work around the rules rather than follow them.

Hi Marge,

We do understand your concerns, however, for this quest, people are not working around the rules if they post to social media. Whether or not you agree with that, the people who chose to take advantage of it did not cheat.

One of the forum rules is that you must be nice to people. Calling people that I have explained did not cheat “cheaters” is understandably offensive to them.

For EVERYONE – John is reviewing the quest and will make a determination on how to proceed both for this quest or any future quests with a voting element. We will continue to strive to find ways to make the process more efficient and balanced. If you have any concerns about this particular quest and social media, please address it to me or John directly.

Unfortunately the discussion on this topic has gotten rather toxic. I would prefer it if we can leave the thread open to discuss other aspects of and questions on this quest, but if the request is not honored to stop arguing about whether or not someone followed the rules or is cheating by using social media, I will lock the thread.

Thank you!

-Kiya

Erika
                    Participant

Wow, that was a lot to read. I trust that a good solution will be found though. In the meantime, I’m just going to think of it like a raffle: I knew when I entered there was only a very -very- slim chance of actually winning–people don’t throw fits about not winning a raffle, even though lots of people join here just to enter those (Ha, I was one of them, then liked the community so I stayed ๐Ÿ™‚ )

So there’s a few kinks in the system? It’s all right everyone, it’s really just a coloring contest, in the end, so I’ll be glad for having given it a shot, regardless of how everything turns out.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Quite frankly, I am incredibly disappointed with the moderators of this forum for being so strict in other areas of the forum against hateful diatribes, yet just letting it run rampant in this one.

I used to be the only mod for a while, and I was quite strict. But I shall point out that I no longer moderate things like this. I stepped down awhile ago (can you blame me…). Just offering an explanation.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Hannah
                        Participant

I used to be the only mod for a while, and I was quite strict. But I shall point out that I no longer moderate things like this. I stepped down awhile ago (can you blame me…). Just offering an explanation.

My comment was not aimed at you in particular, Jennifer – I didn’t see anyone except Kiya at the end actually doing anything about this.

But I have seen you moderate the forum since you stepped down.
                          So if you are no longer a moderator, yet you still do moderate sometimes…
                          Can you see why this might be confusing?

Laurie
                          Participant

Ok, I weighed in earlier and I’m going to say something now. Please bear with me because I’m not really good with words and this is NOT intended to offend anyone.
                            I personally believe because of how everyone feels, That The Windstone crew should judge this one. ( oh what a fine mess we got ourselves into) ๐Ÿ˜‰
                            I knew the minute I saw it what my favorite and the best (imho) was. But I figured it was too elaborate to do as a Limited Production piece. That one was definiatly a OOAK for ebay. At the time I decided I was going to vote for one of the others that could easily become a limited or even a production piece so everyone who wanted one could have one if they (the powers at Windstone) decided to use it. Since I’m not one of the talented many on this forum, and as such am neutral, I was just going to vote. But I stepped back because I didn’t agree with how things were progressing. I didn’t see anything mean intended by what was said except that maybe using different words to decribe how you felt may have been better. I personally think the mods are doing a great job. If you don’t think so maybe you should be a mod for a few months and deal with a situation such as this one and see how you do. Remember, this is a BUSINESS forum not Facebook, etc. so they have to be very careful because they want to keep their good reputation so they can make a living and still be able to make all our prettys. In the future if we are going to have a Quest like this, I feel if you don’t want to remain anonomous everywhere else too That Windstone needs to judge. That being said I feel it’s really the only way to be fair to all involved.

Hannah
                            Participant

I personally think the mods are doing a great job. If you don’t think so maybe you should be a mod for a few months and deal with a situation such as this one and see how you do. Remember, this is a BUSINESS forum not Facebook, etc. so they have to be very careful because they want to keep their good reputation so they can make a living and still be able to make all our prettys.

Hi Laurie ๐Ÿ™‚ I didn’t take offense at anything you said, but I did want to express why I disagree with you on this point in particular!

I agree that they need to be careful on this forum because it reflects their business. That is precisely why I feel as though when I am being insulted by someone about something, and the people at Windstone appear to be largely ignoring the insulting behavior, it makes me feel as though I (as a customer!) am not worth the time and effort to control the situation. Further, insult is added to injury when I feel as though they are siding with the person insulting me (I realize that I could be taking what has been said wrong, but this is EXACTLY why they need to be so careful about what they say – and how they say it).

Do I want to be a moderator? No. Do I think they could have done better controlling the situation? Yes. But saying “why don’t you try doing it” is a lot like telling someone who complains about a particularly bumpy flight that they should try being a pilot sometime. Some of us are not good at certain things! I would be a terrible moderator, but that does not mean that I can’t weigh in and criticize when I think that they could be doing a better job. I simply do not have the skills that it takes to be a moderator, and I have no interest in doing it to boot. But I’ve been on enough planes to know a bumpy flight when I feel one. Know what I mean?

Laurie
                              Participant

Yes, I do understand what you said. But I don’t feel as though the Mods are taking anyone’s side in this.
                                I feel they are doing their best to make everyone happy in this. People do feel what you feel, using facebook as fair, and other people believe what Marge said as being correct. No one is running after each other with hatchets yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I personally think we should vote on who WE think is the best, but let Windstone pick the winner.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 176 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.