fbpx

Quest 7

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 7

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 176 total)
  • Author

No worries, I miss read or got too excited. Tho I’m having trouble with getting the file to download so I can print :/

Kiya
    Participant

No worries, I miss read or got too excited. Tho I’m having trouble with getting the file to download so I can print :/

What browser are you using? It’s working okay for me in Chrome.

If you can’t get it to work still, please send Ayonah an email and we can send you the file as an attachment.

dragonmedley
      Participant

I have a question about this:

2. Using your own art supplies, color the provided Coloring Sheet. No medium is excluded, provided it adheres to the restrictions listed below.

What do you mean by “no medium is excluded”? Does it mean we can use things other than color pencils/markers, like paint/watercolor or hot chocolate?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Sirithiliel
        Participant

2. Using your own art supplies, color the provided Coloring Sheet. No medium is excluded, provided it adheres to the restrictions listed below.

What do you mean by “no medium is excluded”? Does it mean we can use things other than color pencils/markers, like paint/watercolor or hot chocolate?

Haha sorry but the hot chocolate bit made me laugh XD

Kiya
          Participant

Well, I can’t say how well hot chocolate will travel, but yes, you’re welcome to give it a shot! ๐Ÿ™‚

You can use paints, water colors, pastels, tea, decoupage, collage, beads, kool-aid, pop corn, macaroni… Honestly, whatever you want provided you stay within the lines, don’t cover up (i.e. hide – you can put a color on it as long as you can see text still) the copy right notice on the tail, or alter the image beyond applying color (don’t add lines, don’t erase lines, don’t give him bonus horns, etc).

So far my 6 yer old is having a blast making her own versions! LOL! Has some interesting color schemes & she’s in the lines, can she submit one? JK!

Kyrin

Kiya
            Participant

So far my 6 yer old is having a blast making her own versions! LOL! Has some interesting color schemes & she’s in the lines, can she submit one? JK!

Kyrin

๐Ÿ™‚ I’m glad she’s having fun! Maybe next time we should do a children’s category too!

Well my aunts computer worked but when I printed it, it left a black line clear across the emperors head and know that coloring in the lines is counted in this quest so I went to the library and their computers showed the file was empty and tried several different things to try to get it and every attempt failed and my bosses laptop didn’t work and she has google chrome. I am frustrated cause I wanna get this picture started. Can u send me a link in this con.versation that maybe has a Jpg or Jepg file? Please and thank u

Kiya
              Participant

Well my aunts computer worked but when I printed it, it left a black line clear across the emperors head and know that coloring in the lines is counted in this quest so I went to the library and their computers showed the file was empty and tried several different things to try to get it and every attempt failed and my bosses laptop didn’t work and she has google chrome. I am frustrated cause I wanna get this picture started. Can u send me a link in this con.versation that maybe has a Jpg or Jepg file? Please and thank u

If you send Ayonah an email so we have your email address, I will be happy to send you the file as an attachment.

Oh awesome, I will do that right away thank u sooo much!

Kiya
                Participant

As a heads up – I’ll be out of town today and tomorrow so emails/questions on this thread may not get answered as quickly as normal. I’ll be back Saturday night and I might have access tonight – just not sure! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sikek
                  Participant

Sounds like fun, I’m going to make the time to enter this =)

I have one question which I guess would only relate to the digital media option of this quest.

Are we allowed to make any alterations to the linework of the template drawing? Not change the drawing itself of course, but colour the lines or soften the black of them?

Kiya
                    Participant

Are we allowed to make any alterations to the linework of the template drawing? Not change the drawing itself of course, but colour the lines or soften the black of them?

If you want to use black markings and need to change the line color so that the lines still show under your black markings – that is okay as long as they stay gray-scale (white-gray-black).

BUT, no changing the line colors just for artistic effect. You can’t change the line colors in a traditional coloring contest and we’re trying to mimic that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sikek
                      Participant

That’s understandable, I thought that may be the answer =)
                        Thanks!

Andrea
                        Participant

Is it OK to flip the drawing so it’s facing left and then color it?
                          I have issues with coloring/drawing things that face the right.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 176 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.