Quest 18 – Box Opening Quest – Entries open until 12/31

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 18 – Box Opening Quest – Entries open until 12/31

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Yes! If anyone has a free editing program they can recommend that’d be awesome!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

dragonmedley
      Participant

You can do that with PowerPoint, at least with the latest version.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lokie
        Participant

Free on my PC computer is Windows Live Movie Maker. I used it to edit my video for the very first quest. If you have a PC, try typing in Movie Maker in the search field to see if it comes with your computer.

Amstaff
          Participant

How have people been compressing the video file to email it in? I cant seem to get it compressed to be able to send it… WinRar and 7zip just dont compress it at all… and gmail wont let me send it… any tips ?

Kiya
            Participant

How have people been compressing the video file to email it in? I cant seem to get it compressed to be able to send it… WinRar and 7zip just dont compress it at all… and gmail wont let me send it… any tips ?

How big is your file? I can probably look up an alternate sending method, depending on the size.

Amstaff
              Participant

Its 253 MB, my current video that is. But Im not sure Im going to use that one yet, I may make another one when I get my next poad, and I will see how that video turns out. Either way I will still need a way to send these. I know I can upload to google cloud via my gmail, but Im not sure if the person I send it to can download it to use, or just view it.

Kiya
                Participant

Sounds like you have the raw footage, not a version that’s compressed and out put for viewing. You should be able to get it down below 100MB pretty easily. What file type is it?

Lauren
                  Participant

Okay, so recently some folks and I were discussing video editing software for work so I thought I would share with the group what little I know!

-Windows Movie Maker is free and should already be on most PCs. It’s not very friendly though and can be a PITA to use, so just be aware of that.

-If you own a Mac, iMovie should already be on your OS for free. Also, if you have the latest iPhone it should be on there for free. If you have an iPad, you can apparently buy the app for 4.99. This software is really easy to use; I watched someone create a video on the fly of stuff they filmed in a meeting in under thirty minutes and managed to create a pretty slick film for how easy it was to set up. So yeah.

Kiya, I’m not sure if it was stated what qualities the judges are looking for? Also, are we supposed to email the file directly and you guys will share on the forums so people can vote, or are we supposed to upload to youtube?

I really can’t wait for this. I ordered a fourth gb poad half just so I could participate in this contest. ๐Ÿ™‚

Amstaff
                    Participant

Sounds like you have the raw footage, not a version that’s compressed and out put for viewing. You should be able to get it down below 100MB pretty easily. What file type is it?

No, this isn’t the raw footage, this is edited with Windows movie maker and chopped down to only show the decent sections. Its a .WMV file type. I uploaded it to youtube already, but didnt publish it so people cannot search to find it, I only put it on there so friends and family could give me their input on it. If I do make another video, it will likely be around the same size.

I did try and compress it with WinRar and 7zip… but neither of these programs made the file any smaller…. its frustrating.

Kiya
                      Participant

Okay, so recently some folks and I were discussing video editing software for work so I thought I would share with the group what little I know!

-Windows Movie Maker is free and should already be on most PCs. It’s not very friendly though and can be a PITA to use, so just be aware of that.

-If you own a Mac, iMovie should already be on your OS for free. Also, if you have the latest iPhone it should be on there for free. If you have an iPad, you can apparently buy the app for 4.99. This software is really easy to use; I watched someone create a video on the fly of stuff they filmed in a meeting in under thirty minutes and managed to create a pretty slick film for how easy it was to set up. So yeah.

Kiya, I’m not sure if it was stated what qualities the judges are looking for? Also, are we supposed to email the file directly and you guys will share on the forums so people can vote, or are we supposed to upload to youtube?

I really can’t wait for this. I ordered a fourth gb poad half just so I could participate in this contest. ๐Ÿ™‚

Almost all of your questions are answered in the Ts and Cs – take a look (they are now linked from the first post) and let me know if you still have any outstanding questions.

The files do need to be under 100MBs – otherwise it is very hard for me to get them. If you can’t get your file below this amount, please send me a PM and I’ll see what options we have.

Amstaff
                        Participant

I was reading through the old quest you guys had when people had to submit a video with tips on painting PYO’s, and it was recommended that people used an online file sharing site to upload their video to, so that it could then be sent in. One site that was recommended was : hightail.com …. so maybe this is how people can send in their videos if they are over the 100MB ?

Lauren
                          Participant

Ah! Okay, all the information was in the extended T&C link. For some reason I thought when you said it had be edited into the original post, I thought you meant it was in the top post of this thread and not the link so I was confused. Sorry if it seemed like I wasn’t reading what you said; it was that I misunderstood the directions. I’m looking forward to making my entry and submitting it to you all. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do have one question, though, actually, after reading the rules. What’s an IRS W-9 / W8-BEN form?

Kiya
                            Participant

Ah! Okay, all the information was in the extended T&C link. For some reason I thought when you said it had be edited into the original post, I thought you meant it was in the top post of this thread and not the link so I was confused. Sorry if it seemed like I wasn’t reading what you said; it was that I misunderstood the directions. I’m looking forward to making my entry and submitting it to you all. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do have one question, though, actually, after reading the rules. What’s an IRS W-9 / W8-BEN form?

It’s a tax form – if you win over a certain dollar amount (more than $600), both you and Windstone are required to file taxes on the prize.

For quests, you aren’t allowed to win more than $600/year to avoid the headache. However, if you were to win a quest and a raffle, it could push you into the realm of requiring tax forms. This is really just a protection for Windstone – so far it hasn’t been an issue.

Kiya
                              Participant

I was reading through the old quest you guys had when people had to submit a video with tips on painting PYO’s, and it was recommended that people used an online file sharing site to upload their video to, so that it could then be sent in. One site that was recommended was : hightail.com …. so maybe this is how people can send in their videos if they are over the 100MB ?

The file has to be 100MB or less. This is, unfortunately, part of the submission guidelines.

However, I do have an offer from a forum member to help with video editing for folks who are having problems. I will be making a separate post regarding this.

Amstaff
                                Participant

Sorry to bug again, lol! I noticed in my video, that there is a poster visible in the background, with “Game Of Thrones” on it. Since I do own this poster, and this is a TV show that anyone can watch, will this cause any issues being visible in the video? I dont want to get disqualified for something simple like this, so I wanted to find out if I should try and edit this bit out or not?

Thanks !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.