Quest 18 – Box Opening Quest – Entries open until 12/31

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 18 – Box Opening Quest – Entries open until 12/31

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Amstaff
    Participant

I would go for voting only, then that way everyone gets a chance, and all the videos entered get to be enjoyed by everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

MandBsMom
      Participant

I’d go for just voted as well. I’m not a videographer by any means, and my video is really really raw. I don’t have any editing programs or anything.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

dragonmedley
        Participant

I would say judged, then voted.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kim
          Blocked

I think it depends what they would be judged on or what people would vote for? I have watched some box opening videos on youtube before but they weren’t really anything exciting on the part of the box opener, it was more exciting just to see what they took out of the box. So I can’t really think what people would vote for unless they would just vote for people they know which I think would be unfair if one person has more friends on here than another.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Stormbreeze
            Participant

I’m with Kim on this one. Or at least, I don’t really understand what we would be voting on.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Kiya
              Participant

I’m with Kim on this one. Or at least, I don’t really understand what we would be voting on.

Which one you liked best.

We’re currently learning towards judging + voting (kind of our normal approach). The judging portion is mostly to try to make sure that the best of the entries get into the final round and it makes it less of just a popularity contest.

Kiya
                Participant

Also, just as a reminder, we DO check all votes now. If we see votes that are clearly a violation of the rules (accounts just created, by an entrant, for the purpose of voting), they will be removed and that entry will be disqualified.

Anything with voting will have some popularity contest aspects associated – I can’t do anything about that – but we do try to make it as fair as we can! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lauren
                  Participant

I still feel a bit unclear. Would we have some kind of rubric to vote by (as in, are we looking for video quality or what the person does to make it fresh/exciting) or would it just be “who do we think got the most fabulous piece”?

etruscan
                    Participant

I still feel a bit unclear. Would we have some kind of rubric to vote by (as in, are we looking for video quality or what the person does to make it fresh/exciting) or would it just be “who do we think got the most fabulous piece”?

It probably is who has the best reaction, but that’s a guess.

Kiya
                      Participant

I really can’t dictate what people vote by. ๐Ÿ™‚ The judging is done to specific criteria as the judging is done by a panel of people, but ultimately the voting on the individual videos comes down to whatever strikes the fancy of the person voting.

Kiya
                        Participant

Official Ts and Cs and some updated posted:

Summary –

-There will be a judging period and a voting period.
                          -We are going to have first, second, and third place prizes! Yay!
                          -If you have trouble emailing your entry, contact me and we’ll work it out.

Kim
                          Blocked

I have a question. So I filmed a box opening on one of our boxes but trying to open a box with one hand and film with the other took longer than I thought. By the time the box was open and the pieces were unwrapped, it was already at 5 min. and I hadn’t even showed the pieces. So the whole video is around 6 and a half minutes I think and I don’t know how to edit it to get it shorter. I tried to film a box opening on the second box to make it shorter on my cell phone and someone called in the middle of the video and cut it off so that one didn’t work. So my question is would it be okay if the videos were longer than 5 min? I don’t know how to shorten mine.

Kiya
                            Participant

The videos do need to be 5 minutes or less, since we have some submitted already it wouldn’t be fair to extend the length at this point ๐Ÿ™

There should be free editing software you can get online or that comes pre-installed on your phone you could use to clip the length.

Kiya
                              Participant

There might also be forum members who could help you with editing it down!

Kim
                                Blocked

Okay well I guess I will try and figure it out as I have never edited a video before.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.