fbpx

Quest 12 – Fuzzy Picture Book – ENTRIES CLOSED

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 12 – Fuzzy Picture Book – ENTRIES CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Happy Fuzzy Friday!!!

The fuzzies are delighted to host this quest!!!! (instead of Ayonah) :).

For quest 12, we’re asking for your fuzzy stories! Write a short picture book about fuzzies, no longer than 10 pages/1,000 words for a chance to win.

You can use any style of artwork you like, but you must have all rights to the art work/story in order to submit. You can use photos, hand-drawn illustrations, digital art, paintings, etc. Photos must be taken by you and all other art work must be created by you.

Your story should include a cover (front and back – it does not count against your total pages) and a title/author page at the beginning (this also does not count against your page count). You may select the size, but it should be no larger than 8″ x 11″ and in a square or rectangular format.

The story MUST be about fuzzies and contain artwork/photography of fuzzies. The stories, however, do not have to be realistic. You may have your fuzzies talking, flying, swimming, doing magic – whatever! You don’t have to stick to the information posted at Lovefuzzy.com or on the forum – please feel free to be creative!

We will be accepting entries electronically from 9/20/2013 at 11:59 pm PT to 11/1/2013 11:59 pm PT. If you would like to create a physical entry, you are more than welcome to do so. Physical entries must be post marked by 11/1/2013 and received no later than 11/8/2013 (if you are International and want to mail an entry in versus digital submission PLEASE make sure to account for a longer mailing time!)

To submit your entry via email, send a message to Ayonah @ Windstoneeditions.com with the subject line:

“DIGITAL ENTRY – FUZZY PICTURE BOOK – [ENTRANT NAME] – [Email number/Total number of Emails]”

( for example – DIGITAL ENTRY – FUZZY PICTURE BOOK – Ayonah – 1/5 ). Each individual page file should not exceed 5 MB.

To send your entry in via mail, please send to:

FUZZY PICTURE BOOK
      C/O Windstone Editions
      728 Wake Robin Avenue
      Corvallis OR 97333

The winner will be selected by a judging panel made up of Windstone Editions staff members. The entries will be presented anonymously for judging. Judging will take place from 11/8/2013 to 11/18/2013. The judges will be looking for:

– Originality of the story – 20%

– Quality of the art – 30%

– Quality of the story – 30%

– Technical correctness of the story (spelling/grammar, etc) – 10%

– Overall appeal – 10%

The winner will receive an emperor dragon painted in the paint scheme “Barn Swallow” by P.S. Additionally, Windstone Editions will be publishing, by way of a 3-rd party self-publication service, the winner’s story for very limited distribution through the Windstone Editions webstore. The winner will receive a copy of their story in addition to the emperor dragon.

The winner will be announced on or around 11/25/2013.

Please make SURE to review the full contest rules for additional details. I tried to cover the gist here, but we really don’t want to disqualify anyone!

CONTEST RULES:
      http://windstoneeditions.com/content/terms-and-conditions

Good luck!!!

Sirithiliel
      Participant

Oh how exciting! I can’t wait to get started, this is right up my alley >w<

Falcolf
        Participant

Wow, dude, this looks really fun! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

rock-reader
          Participant

Will forum members be able to see all the entries or just the winning entry through the webstore?

Bodine
            Participant

Well this sounds interesting but I am not a writer by any means. :bigsmile: I can’t wait to see what all you guys do. 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

phantomess
              Participant

Aw, I’d love to enter, since I love writing and would love winning an emperor (lol), but I can’t draw and I only have 1 fuzzy so far, so taking pics wouldn’t work! Bummer! At least I ought to enjoy seeing what other people come up with! :bigsmile:

*Maybe* I’ll decide to give drawing a try, but I know that won’t end very well… I wish I could partner with someone so I could write the story and they could illustrate! :p

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

etruscan
                Participant

Aw, I’d love to enter, since I love writing and would love winning an emperor (lol), but I can’t draw and I only have 1 fuzzy so far, so taking pics wouldn’t work! Bummer! At least I ought to enjoy seeing what other people come up with! :bigsmile:

*Maybe* I’ll decide to give drawing a try, but I know that won’t end very well… I wish I could partner with someone so I could write the story and they could illustrate! :p

I’m sure you are allowed to make your own fuzzies for the project. Go for it! 🙂

etruscan
                  Participant

A question – do people need to be careful about any props in their photos? For example, if an illustration shows the fuzzies stealing chocolate, could it be a photo of a Hershey bar with the name visible, or just an item labeled “Chocolate” (or a made up brand name)? Also, what are the rules about using Windstones as props?

Kiya
                    Participant

You can make fuzzies or find natural fuzzies (things like dandelion seed puffs, thistles, some trees – these have all been known to hide fuzzies!)

Kiya
                      Participant

A question – do people need to be careful about any props in their photos? For example, if an illustration shows the fuzzies stealing chocolate, could it be a photo of a Hershey bar with the name visible, or just an item labeled “Chocolate” (or a made up brand name)? Also, what are the rules about using Windstones as props?

Since this will be published, you need to be very careful about copyrighted things (so a generic “chocolate” bar is fine, but we might have to edit your entry if it said “Hershey” on it).

You can use Windstones as props provided that:

You must limit it to PYOs or to unaltered production/limited production/limited editions or test-paints and Artist Edition’s. Repainted pieces or visibly altered pieces in photos will cause your entry to be disqualified. A repaired or damaged piece is fine, provided the repair or damage is not significantly noticeable.

Kiya
                        Participant

Will forum members be able to see all the entries or just the winning entry through the webstore?

I’ll be posting all of them, but not for voting – just so you can see 🙂

Unless the author wants their name displayed, we’ll either blur the names or remove the title page.

Kiya
                          Participant

Well this sounds interesting but I am not a writer by any means. :bigsmile: I can’t wait to see what all you guys do. 😉

You don’t have to write anything! You could just do a picture book. Words are allowed, but not required!

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Sounds interesting!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Hmmm,…thinking…….er…still thinking….. I think I got an idea….erm…thinking…still not sure.. 😉

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

moonbeam
                              Participant

Oh, I love this Quest. I just hope I will have time for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.