fbpx

Quest 12 – Fuzzy Picture Book – ENTRIES CLOSED

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 12 – Fuzzy Picture Book – ENTRIES CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Sirithiliel
    Participant

I grew unhappy with my coloring, so I’m redoing several pages >.>

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I’ve done every page like 3 times already and I’m still at the drawing stage, LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I have written the story.. I just can’t draw it -_- Anyone want to go halves? haha

I wish I could just send in the story. πŸ™

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I wish I had a real photoshop type of program to do something really high quality… the more I work on mine the more I think it looks like a 4 year old made it *cries*

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kiya
          Participant

I have written the story.. I just can’t draw it -_- Anyone want to go halves? haha

I wish I could just send in the story. πŸ™

You can take photos remember – that might be easier than drawing. πŸ™‚

Kiya
            Participant

I wish I had a real photoshop type of program to do something really high quality… the more I work on mine the more I think it looks like a 4 year old made it *cries*

Oh silly girl! I’ve seen your art – I’m sure you’re underestimating yourself! πŸ™‚

I’m excited to see the entries from everyone! (And glad I don’t have to judge!)

Kiya
              Participant

I have a few questions.
                Can specific people or persons, who work for/at Windstone Editions, be mentioned? Example- Susie,
                melody, John, etc.

Thanks
                πŸ™‚

Sorry for the slow reply on this one. We decided you could make characters based on those people, but we’d rather not have their real names used. πŸ™‚

Though, if you happen to have a character named “John” that isn’t meant to resemble the “real” John Alberti – that would be fine. It’s a common name and we’re not trying to stop you from using names that make sense in your story πŸ™‚

Falcolf
                Participant

Does the text for each illustration (or photo) have to be on the same page as the art? (And would text pages count towards the final count of ten? Or would only the art?) I only just thought of this and I had designed my work around having (when a book is open) having the text on the left side of a book spine when open and the illustration on the right.

Example:

Page Page
                  [TEXT][ART]

Just wondering. πŸ™‚ I hadn’t thought about this beforehand, perhaps because of having been to art school when I read ‘pages’ my brain automatically thought ‘pictures’ so I’m asking before I get too close to being done.

Thank you! If text does have to be on the same page as the art it’s no big deal but I think it will look better if it isn’t which is why I’m asking. -isageek-

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Erika
                  Participant

Still hoping I find time to enter this…

Kiya
                    Participant

Does the text for each illustration (or photo) have to be on the same page as the art? (And would text pages count towards the final count of ten? Or would only the art?) I only just thought of this and I had designed my work around having (when a book is open) having the text on the left side of a book spine when open and the illustration on the right.

Example:

Page Page
                      [TEXT][ART]

Just wondering. πŸ™‚ I hadn’t thought about this beforehand, perhaps because of having been to art school when I read ‘pages’ my brain automatically thought ‘pictures’ so I’m asking before I get too close to being done.

Thank you! If text does have to be on the same page as the art it’s no big deal but I think it will look better if it isn’t which is why I’m asking. -isageek-

The text can be on a separate page, BUT, the text-only page does count against your limit. So if you had 5 pages of text and 10 pages of art, you’d be over your limit. It’s 10-pages total, regardless of the content. πŸ™‚

Falcolf
                      Participant

Okay, thank you! I’ll just have to make a clean (text not on illustration page) version for myself and just submit the text-on-art version for the contest. I really appreciate the time you took to answer this! πŸ™‚ Thank you again!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Jamesqe
                        Participant

Will there be a second prize like a random draw prize like there has been in previous Quests?

Kiya
                          Participant

Will there be a second prize like a random draw prize like there has been in previous Quests?

Not for this one. πŸ™‚

Was the prize for this quest ever listed? I still haven’t decided if i want to do it or not. The paint your own swap and the art card swap have me pretty occupied.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kiya
                            Participant

Was the prize for this quest ever listed? I still haven’t decided if i want to do it or not. The paint your own swap and the art card swap have me pretty occupied.

It’s the barnswallow emp.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.