fbpx

PYO swap? Closed and UPDATED AGAIN!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps PYO swap? Closed and UPDATED AGAIN!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 241 total)
  • Author

whippetluv wrote:

Romeodanny wrote:

Well, I at least lucked out on the sculpture. That was clear, and I have an extra one so I don’t have to order. But, now for the planning. Ah, I’m so afraid to start. What if I totally blotch it up? I have an idea, but, I don’t know if it will work. Excuse me while I fret over this. (Hopefully I’ll have all my hair and nails intact by the end of this)

yeah a couple of people actually put their favorite PYO peice in the discription..glad that helped! But really…don’t be afraid. Everyone is prepared for any level of art to come back to them. And hey I would be thrilled even if I got back something that looks like it was dropped in paint by a drunk donkey..cause it ment that a friend here on the forum made it just for me!
    LOL….I hope it doesn’t look like that. That’s cute. I like that. Thank you for making me laugh. I always fret before setting a brush to anything. I’ve always been like this, don’t mind me.

I’m lucky here- after waffling as to whether or not I was going to participate I now know EXACTLY what I am going to paint…even printed out reference pictures- now I just need to order the sculpture and the paint πŸ˜€ When I am done, even if it sux, I’m including a note as to why *I* picked what I did, it’s special to me so maybe if I share the other person will feel a bond to the statue πŸ˜€

dragonmedley
    Participant

I’m fretting, like, totally! I’ve never even thought of attempting something like this.

I need valium.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
      Participant

I’ve got some color schemes that I’ll put down on paper tonight. I need to order some PYOs, and when the work is done I’ll give it a fitting Greek name and a CoA, just like with Pliny, Cerberus and Xerxes. I hope we do this again!

ladybrooklyn
        Participant

whippetluv wrote:

And hey I would be thrilled even if I got back something that looks like it was dropped in paint by a drunk donkey..cause it ment that a friend here on the forum made it just for me!

EXACTLY! same here! πŸ˜€ I know I’ll love it because it has meaning. πŸ˜€ Someone slaved over it just for little me! πŸ˜€

Now I wonder who has me… Hmmmmmm! πŸ˜† I can’t WAIT to find out!

Now… gotta flip a coin and decide which PYO I’m gonna use… YEESH! Decisions decision!

I agree GB… I REALLY hope we do this again! Maybe twice a year… in Jan and maybe June? once every 6 months? πŸ˜€

Maria
          Participant

Twice a year is perfect. Count me in for every one!

ladybrooklyn
            Participant

Ooooh… or a birthday “registry”?

We could do this as a Christmas “Secret Santa” exchange…

Then we could sign up and give our birthdays… and be assigned partners to paint a PYO and send it to them for their birthday. ^.^ That could be cool. πŸ˜€

IE: Several of us enter… and I am given GB as my partner. I paint a PYO… and send it off so it arrives on the birthday! πŸ˜€

Maria
              Participant

This idea is getting better and better! I like it!

ha! Well if we start doing a birthday one LadyB you are in charge! I had a hard enought time mixing this up with people who could ship out of country or could not and so no one would have each other. πŸ™‚ I could never keep track of birthdays! ha~!

dragonmedley
                Participant

Maybe Christmas might be easier than birthdays. With Christmas, it’s the same date for everyone. Birthdays are just weird that way πŸ˜‰

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

ladybrooklyn
                  Participant

whippetluv wrote:

ha! Well if we start doing a birthday one LadyB you are in charge! I had a hard enought time mixing this up with people who could ship out of country or could not and so no one would have each other. πŸ™‚ I could never keep track of birthdays! ha~!

AWWWW! c’mon you chicken! you could do it! πŸ˜†

Oh who am I kidding… I know *I* couldn’t do it! ~LOL~ Well… I could… but I don’t have the time. πŸ˜› between these guys and Model horses… and work… 😯 I’m full up.

So… we could do an Xmas PYO exchange… and then a summer one maybe?

Maria
                    Participant

That’s probably easiest. I’m in for whatever we decide on.

Skigod377
                      Participant

*reads name of person getting my PYO* Geeezzz… No pressure or anything!! πŸ˜†

I think a Christmas exchange would be better. There are way too many B-days… 😯

Patricia
                        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I know the feeling….

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Skigod377
                          Participant

Keplilly wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I know the feeling….
                            Im glad im not the only one feeling a little trepidation! Im ready to leave the clearcoat off so they can fix it when it gets there and seal it themselves after they have un-fubared it!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 241 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.