fbpx

Post Your 2010 Resolutions HERE!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Post Your 2010 Resolutions HERE!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

– Go to Oberammergau

When? When? I might be there too this year – it’s just a hop and a skip away for me!

Oh, I’m not sure of an exact date yet. :scratch: I’m thinking either late summer (July/Aug) or in Sept (tempting, as Munich is close by… haven’t been there either – could include Oktoberfest in the trip, for like, part of a day, or hold that off to another trip another year, not that I’m that huge of a drinker and all, but I enjoyed Mardi Gras and didn’t drink all that much either). Nothing definite though and I’m still saving up some funds to go (trying to avoid the huge tour packages, which are really pricey, though I did see some 1 or 2 night packages for hostels which I was looking at). I really don’t want to wait another 10 years! Trying to get a friend of mine to come along with me (I’m sure he’d love to go, but he’s finishing up his PhD in Music), so it might just be me. :shrug: I’ve only been to Europe in the winter, so it will be a bit of a change to see things all green!

That would be awesome to meet up! Around when were you thinking of going if you do?

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Hmm, in 2010 I’m trying to:

– Enter the Federal Duck Stamp competition (ahhh this is the scariest one of all, already so nervous)
        – Save up as much as possible and keep tossing money at the mortgage. Once I get a year ahead I can start putting away for my macaw fund.
        – Try to find a resolution for the land behind our house.
        – Make a decision re: painting Windstones.
        – Work hard on my outdoor gardens once the weather permits it, probably starting in May.
        – Properly taxidermy a duck.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

bayoudragon
        Participant

oooh, Jennifer, the Federal Duck Stamp! What waterfowl will you be painting?? So curious!! squeek*

We display the winners of our state’s Junior Duck Stamp competition at the nature center. It’s such an excellent program!

Anonymous

I had to look to see if I posted in 2009. Nope. I’m clear.

This is the do or die year for me. Possibly in the literal sense. I have started to feel some pretty bad effects of being stressed and tired, therefore, in 2010, I must:

– Lose at least 50 lbs in the next 90 days. If you want to believe the BMI charts, I am now 136 lbs overweight. I went for my flight medical last week and I am up to 346 lbs, which is about 14 lbs new record for me. I bought my treadmill in January of LAST year and used it twice before we packed and moved, and then packed and moved, and now again moved … NO MORE EXCUSES!

– For once and for all, catch up on my paperwork, taxes, and finish and close off my last three businesses ventures in full before I end up in court for various non-filing offenses. Not to mention the government owes me huge in refunds. With a house, this can finally happen with some space to organize. I managed to get most of ONE of them done and am now finally receiving payments on it. Yay.

– Finish my private pilot licence by the end of the 2010. This is doable unless I black out on January 16th when attempting the higher G maneuvers. We shall see. I am worried. I love to fly but I do NOT like the heavy weight sensations.

If I can meet these three goals, then I can embark on a new business that will involve flying to remote communities and doing network installations. Hellllooo early retirement. Maybe.

Maria
            Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

That would be awesome to meet up! Around when were you thinking of going if you do?

Actually, I haven’t set a date. Since it’s so close I’m very flexible. If you’d like to meet up – I sure would! – I’ll have no trouble taking a couple days off to drive over! πŸ˜€
              I was at Munich’s Oktoberfest this year, and even though I’m not a big drinker either, it’s very fun and not to be missed.

siberakh1
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

Actually, I haven’t set a date. Since it’s so close I’m very flexible. If you’d like to meet up – I sure would! – I’ll have no trouble taking a couple days off to drive over! πŸ˜€
                I was at Munich’s Oktoberfest this year, and even though I’m not a big drinker either, it’s very fun and not to be missed.

Sounds like a plan then! πŸ˜‰ 8)

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Okay, here’s what I’d like to do in 2010:

Lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle [anyone want some candy]
                  Pay off my credit cards
                  Meditate more–keeps me from killing certain ones
                  Figure how to get a loan from my boss so I’ll have job security for now like my coworker did
                  By end of year have my resume ready and start looking for another job–preferablly only temporary work, that way I’m not saddled with idiot bosses forever
                  Try not to kill my current boss

LadyFirebird wrote:

Okay, here’s what I’d like to do in 2010:

Lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle [anyone want some candy]
                  Pay off my credit cards
                  Meditate more–keeps me from killing certain ones
                  Figure how to get a loan from my boss so I’ll have job security for now like my coworker did
                  By end of year have my resume ready and start looking for another job–preferablly only temporary work, that way I’m not saddled with idiot bosses forever
                  Try not to kill my current boss

XD XD XD I am out from under my old boss and into a new one…at least this one seems to have potential to be a good boss.

Resolutions: less stress in my life that will stop the migraines, hopefully…
                  loose weight, at least 50 lbs, so my curves will be in the right places once again…
                  attempt to paint a Windstone PYO, I think I have the talent, just need to get in the right mindset…

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU ALL, HERES TO HEALTH, HAPPINESS & HARMONY IN OUR LIVES, THOSE WHO ARE TROUBLED, I HOPE YOU FIND COMFORT…

Jasmine
                  Participant

-Lose 30 pounds before my final dress fitting for the wedding.
                    -Stop spending money on stupid things (don’t ask…and it isn’t Windstones)
                    -Work harder at standing up to my parent’s ridiculous demands

1. Cut back on the soda pop.
                    2. Lose my belly and grow some back side…I just want enough to keep my pants up! I don’t want a JLo booty. (Oh to be 135lbs again with a butt! Only 25 lbs to go! GO SQUATS GO!!! LOL)
                    3.Pay off some of my debt…After I find a job. πŸ˜‰
                    4. Paint, paint, paint.
                    5. Eat healthier.
                    6.Go greener than last year.

And I’m sure there are a few more…But for now, those are enough.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

1. Continue with my exercise program – meaning, be more regular with it.
                      2. Polish my sci-fi novel and send it out to publishers
                      3. Finish the first draft of White Dragon (Adaneth will be happy about that one).
                      4. Finish the first draft of my second sci-fi story.

And get a new job, but that’s not really a resolution, more like a necessity.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                      Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

3. Finish the first draft of White Dragon (Adaneth will be happy about that one).

I am! πŸ˜€

I don’t usually do resulutions, but this year I figured I’d try one: write a ‘happy’ story. Since it’s been two full years since my major depression year, it should be possible, right…? :yes:

Adaneth wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

I am! πŸ˜€

I don’t usually do resulutions, but this year I figured I’d try one: write a ‘happy’ story. Since it’s been two full years since my major depression year, it should be possible, right…? :yes:
                        Of course it is!!! Anything is possible! And I am quite sure you can do anything you put your mind to Adaneth!!! πŸ˜€

hmm… for me, the weight loss and debt-free items were accomplished last year πŸ˜€ so this year just a few:

1. draw/paint more (goal is to do something everyday, even with a toddler around!)
                        2. get my design business off the ground
                        3. be happy
                        4. buy art (windstones mostly πŸ™‚ )

that’s it. not really asking much of myself this year, but just keeping my sanity will be tough enough!

Yeah, I was gonna add one more, but so far haven’t been able to accomplish it in the last 2 and half years, so maybe next year…Sanity will also be a good thing to hold onto for me this year! Hence the Paint, paint paint one!!! πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.