fbpx

Possible early heads up?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Possible early heads up?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

I use Facebook to post pics because it is so easy! Just click a pic of what is in front of me and click “share” to FB.
      To post pics here or on DA takes 8 or nine steps, and I have to go upstairs to my office to do it. The path of least resistance wins more often.

You can’t post photos here directly from your phone or camera?
      I haven’t tried it, so I don’t know, but someone must have an answer.
      I can see that they might be too big if you try to post them directly.

P.S. I believed that only your Facebook “friends” can see things on your personal Facebook page. If you are going to post photos mostly on Facebook it would be better to post them to the Windstone Editions page which is public.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Yeah – that was one of the main reasons I was so resistant to joining FB until I needed to for work. It’s like an exclusive club – if you don’t belong you can’t see anything. When I do retire I will deactivate my FB account because I won’t need it anymore. At least with other social media, like deviantArt, you can see the posted pieces, you just can’t comment on them.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I use Facebook to post pics because it is so easy! Just click a pic of what is in front of me and click “share” to FB.
          To post pics here or on DA takes 8 or nine steps, and I have to go upstairs to my office to do it. The path of least resistance wins more often.

You can’t post photos here directly from your phone or camera?
          I haven’t tried it, so I don’t know, but someone must have an answer.
          I can see that they might be too big if you try to post them directly.

P.S. I believed that only your Facebook “friends” can see things on your personal Facebook page. If you are going to post photos mostly on Facebook it would be better to post them to the Windstone Editions page which is public.

Typically phone pictures are too large (file size) to post to the forum. I adjusted my phone to take the lowest quality photos and they are still 2 MB most of the time and the forum limit is 0.98 MB. Cameras give you some more options, but file sizes are likely comparable (my digital camera was lost in the bowels of the house before we moved a year ago and I haven’t found it since).

tig3r06
          Participant

I use a photo collage app to reduce the file size of a pic so I can post here. Pretty easy and quick.

pipsxlch
            Participant

I don’t have a smartphone, so I have to use a camera and download it to the computer. It’s just a couple steps from there, though, and if a technoidiot like me can figure it out, you can too. (Smartphones are well beyond my skillset!)

I download the photo into a folder, and use Edit to shrink it to below 98MB. Reducing to a third of the original size usually works. On the posting box, click on the ‘select file’. Go to the appropriate folder, click on the photo, then open. It will appear in the attachments box, click on insert into dialog to put it into your message.

I do appreciate your efforts, Etruscan, as I’m among those who WILL. NOT. join Facebook, and like Jennifer says it seems to block you from viewing all but a little of the page without signing in or joining.

Kim
              Blocked

For ideas for the next grab bag, from the squeak thread some of us mentioned we would love to see fantasy ponycorns and also more fantasy colts some time. I’d also love to see more grab bag fantasy baby pegasi again or simpler metallic or pastel baby pegs. A few of us also mentioned Halloween Lady cats and Winter wolves would be nice for the fall and winter.

As for photos, I use paint on my computer to resize photos to post here. I agree facebook is easier from a phone though as no editing or resizing is required.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

VS
                Participant

Fast and easy way to resize photos on phone (thanks to forum advice): text them to someone, then copy the pic from your text and that will be the right size to attach to posts here.

My bf has been extremely tolerant of me spamming him with dragon and horse texts for here!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.