Possible early heads up?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Possible early heads up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I don’t mean to sound whiney or complaining but after a few conversations with other members with the same idea I wanted to ask…
      Is there anyway for you to let us know a little bit sooner about new gbs or new sculpt release batches?A few of us would love to buy more and could if we knew you were ready to start painting on a new batch,maybe while still blanks? That would give us a little more time to save,especially with the state of affairs at the moment.Some of us don’t use credit cards or use social medias a lot,if at all,to be able to know in time.I know you do a lot for us but thought I would ask anyway.Thanks!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
      Participant

Or alternately, have the pieces ready but not release them for sale until two months after.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I mean… these have been previewed on Facebook for nearly 2 weeks now… and if you’re not on Facebook then etruscan is pretty good at updating everyone with what Melody posts on Facebook on either the squeaks or the ebay thread.

I’m not arguing, I’m all for a heads up but I don’t think its Windstones obligation to keep us updated on every form of social media there is to cater to everyone… Maybe instead offical sticky thread that folks can post updates from other social media outlets that are “off forum” is a good idea.

It might be helpful anyway without adding any additional expectations or responsibilities on Windstone’s part. I don’t think its really fair to ask them to shelf new releases. For one money and for two space. I think we already ask enough as it is of Melody.

If I worked a shift at work and then was told by my employer they would pay me for my work in 2 months I’d be pretty hard up to pay my bills. Windstone isn’t some big corporation. I just dont think its right to expect them to afford to postpone releases, especially where they are certainly financially impacted by recent events as well.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Setsunawolf
          Participant

From a business standpoint asking them not release something until 2 months after it’s been painted would be financially crippling. Windstone has already paid for the gypsum and the Salaries for the mold maker, the sanding of sculpts from the molds, and the painter’s time for the items to be painted. Lord forbid there’s a fire or earthquake and all that product that could have been sold a month ago is destroyed. It’s a double loss to the company.
            Windstone needs to be able to recoup the money they invested in the production of the pieces and limit their liability of loss. We all know Melody always has something awesome in the works. A better plan is For collectors to budget some money monthly for a slush fund to buy these as they are produced. If the money is set aside you have it, if life comes along with an emergency you can tap the slush fund—sucks, but things happen. There was a period of 2-3 years where I couldn’t buy a single piece. It was sad, but I had other things that were more important.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Nightcrow
            Participant

I do sort of wish that Windstone’s official site, or their mailing list, was the first place to get news about releases, instead of Facebook.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

tig3r06
              Participant

On July 17th in the what’s next thread on this forum, I think it was that thread, Melody said she was painting hippogriffs and posted a pic. Then etruscan has been diligently posting pics from social media for the hippogriffs, and in alot of the threads in the forum for other things too, to help out the people who don’t do social media. Thank you to etruscan and everyone that posts update copies to help out Melody and Windstone 💚

Kim
                Blocked

I get that with liking notice but then again Melody used to release a new grab bag every month or two so it was pretty much expected each month to save up. They have been pretty good lately about posting pics weeks ahead of time when painting pieces, when in the past we sometimes didn’t even know about a grab til the day of. Remember when there was no notice and things were just a surprise? I feel like it’s gotten better since then with more hints of when things will be coming up for release. But maybe like a notice of we are now painting this grab bag to be released a month from now or something could be good in the future. I would maybe offer to buy one for someone and take payments but can I do that if I get my own too? I’m trying to remember if you can order more than one from the same account if it’s going to a different person and address.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                  Participant

I know I am terrible at trying to get my point across but what I meant was not shelving anything but when a decision is made to start a project,just mention maybe starting … this week for instance.
                    After they are painted they go in the store usually within 10 days.I meant when they are still white.Gives us about 2extra weeks to gather mad money.I did not mean, to hang on to products.Sorry for misunderstandings.Like I said,I am not good at communicating what I mean in writing.😁

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Maybe something like…. “Hey Guys! Since everyone has been asking about new projects I have great news! After painting the Bantam Clones I’m going to start painting the Baby Hippogriffs we’ve been talking about. They’ve been cast and are ready on my painting wheel. They’re probably be ready to go in a month or so.” as a little ‘heads up’?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Zeppard Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                      Participant

Exactly.lol thank you! That is what I meant😁

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

But she did do that… it was on Facebook and Etruscan posted it in the “what’s next on the schedule” thread when the Facebook photos first appeared. I’m sure Melody herself doesn’t even know sometimes what’s coming up that far in advance. Days yes, weeks maybe, but months doubtful. There are a million things from point A to B that could go wrong when setting the expectation of a release too far in advance. (casing issues, paint issues, scheduling issues, plain old not wanting to paint them right now and focus on another project issues) I love Windstone but if there is one thing that has been a constant is that they don’t really run things by a set schedule. Releases come as they come and there is no set time really. I guess the “what’s next on the schedule” thread is kind of like the unofficial announcement thread in a sense, but maybe something more official would be better to keep everyone consistently up to date on the forum.

I also tend to find a lot of the folks on Facebook, aren’t on the forum either so it’s probably hard to keep consistent communication even if they tried I guess. Not quite sure the best way to make it better for everyone.

EDIT: Also, just thought of this, not over promoting may also be purposeful so we don’t all crash the store upon release LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Stormbreeze
                          Participant

For those of you who aren’t on facebook, Windstone’s profile is public. You don’t need to be logged in to see their posts. 🙂 They often repost stuff from Melody’s page, so that’s a good option to check.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Susie
                            Keymaster

Thank you Stormbreeze – Yes! You can see posts on Facebook without having an account. Melody puts them there because its way easier for her to upload photos there (our forum is difficult for that – I cannot remember how to get a picture on here to save my life!). She posts publicly on her “Melody Pena” page. Have a look at that regularly!

We cannot give a long heads up any more than we can give any heads up at all about when something will become available. We never know ahead of time. We are constantly working on restocking and on new items. We are very few people. And sometimes we run into really strange problems! But the big thing is that if you all know we’re going to put grab bags in on a certain day, let alone a certain time, so many people refreshing to check if they are up yet creates a very slow website… and for the Newbies, we our site has been known to crash with that kind of traffic. (We’re a little proud of it, but it does create some real problems!)

Maybe some of you have some cute tricks for saving up for Windstone so that you are prepared for our surprises? I know someone buys themselves a gift certificate now and then – that way they have a little money ready and waiting for the next item. A piggy bank? What methods work for you? (Please don’t eat nothing but Top Ramen for a month – that makes me worry!)

Kim
                              Blocked

My trick is when I sell something online I just leave the money in PayPal so next time something comes out I have money in there to buy it. Or if I save some extra money from odd jobs then I put it on my prepaid credit card so I have some available to spend on the next grab bag.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                                Participant

When I went to FB, I couldn’t find a way to pull up anyone without being logged in.Show me please.Thx
                                  I have tried saving multiple times.Either something always happens to tap me out or I don’t have any or enough income to be able to save.I don’t have any GB or special pieces I want to part with left and since that is mostly what folks want anymore,I don’t make much in sales.I do not pull money from the household for Windstones and refuse to use a credit card.I would do anything to support Windstone,not make it harder for them but it never hurts to throw different ideas out into the wind.Some catch on,some don’t.It was just an idea folks. Is it just me or are people wound too tight lately?Be happy people,we are alive!😁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.