Possible early heads up?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Possible early heads up?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

You used to be able to go to Facebook and find the page you want without being signed in. These days you have to use a link to the page:

https://www.facebook.com/WindstoneEditions/

I believe that the Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official) also is a public page. You can look if you are not a member but can’t post anything.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2137058736412490/

You probably will have to deal with an annoying floating panel that wants you to sign in or sign up. Just keep clicking “Not Now” near the bottom of the panel.

etruscan
      Participant

P.S. Mostly to Susie or Melody – I know that Melody often puts things on deviantArt. Maybe she could use DA as the place to show/announce things rather than Facebook. Facebook is a pain, and a lot of people actively avoid it.

sherry10151982
        Participant

I ABHOR Facebook and don’t really like visiting their website so this would really be great!

Melody
          Keymaster

I have no idea what will be after the grabbag hippogriffs… sometimes I just go over to the casting carts and see what’s there.
            What would you folks like next as a grab bag? Choose smallish things. The sitting young unicorn is about as big as I go, just to keep shipping costs down for traders.

Ferlin1984
            Participant

Well if the hippogriffs come out this month and it takes a month or two to prepare the next grab bag…it would be perfect timing to do a Halloween one for October. The lady cats were mentioned to match the fat cats. It’s small.

Courtney
              Participant

Winter Ponycorns. Fantasy Ponycorns.

Silhouette Ponycorns.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

LZ
                Participant

I have no idea what will be after the grabbag hippogriffs… sometimes I just go over to the casting carts and see what’s there.
                  What would you folks like next as a grab bag? Choose smallish things. The sitting young unicorn is about as big as I go, just to keep shipping costs down for traders.

Would love to see a repeat of the sitting ori grab bag, as Melody said would be done when the first batch sold out.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Natasha
                  Participant

Halloween lady cats would be awesome. I definitely nebulously want Holiday Unis but I like the idea of smaller pieces at the moment as most of us are more in savings mode.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Natasha
                    Participant

I also think Bats, and Griffin chicks would be great small GBs.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Courtney
                      Participant

I would love another GB sitting Ori dragon batch.

Autumn colors or winter colors or fantasy colors or anything. They are my favorite.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Ann Marie
                        Participant

Wolves or curlies would be nice!

Magentas-Cat

Stormbreeze
                          Participant

Curlies would be great, or maybe young orientals?
                            Also, if you want to see the facebook page, you can just google “Windstone editions facebook” and click the first result that comes up. No need to save the link if you don’t want.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Of note, Facebook has changed how they work. Even on public pages (such as the official Windstone account), if one is not logged into Facebook, you can only see the very top of the page. If you try to scroll down much at all, it block you and only offers you the option to log in or sign up. It is hard to scroll far unless you are logged in. Technically, you can ignore their giant popup and scroll anyway, but it’s extremely hard to see the page and is very discouraging from seeing the actual content of the page. As someone that does not use Facebook too often, it is a very real hurdle, especially if someone does not have an account. This might be important to remember for Windstone!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

etruscan
                              Participant

Of note, Facebook has changed how they work. Even on public pages (such as the official Windstone account), if one is not logged into Facebook, you can only see the very top of the page. If you try to scroll down much at all, it block you and only offers you the option to log in or sign up. It is hard to scroll far unless you are logged in. Technically, you can ignore their giant popup and scroll anyway, but it’s extremely hard to see the page and is very discouraging from seeing the actual content of the page. As someone that does not use Facebook too often, it is a very real hurdle, especially if someone does not have an account. This might be important to remember for Windstone!

When I have encountered the giant popup floating panel it does also have a place to click “Not Now”. That makes the panel go away for a while but it still is a pain!

Melody
                                Keymaster

I use Facebook to post pics because it is so easy! Just click a pic of what is in front of me and click “share” to FB.
                                  To post pics here or on DA takes 8 or nine steps, and I have to go upstairs to my office to do it. The path of least resistance wins more often.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.