fbpx

Photo Competition VOTING TIME!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Photo Competition VOTING TIME!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

All I need is Nams email and confirmation that she can still do this. Rules as follows:

1. Photo must be part of the theme (if there is one, but there isn’t). Keep it PG-13. πŸ™‚
      2. You may only enter with a photo you’ve taken yourself.
      3. You may not edit or manipulate the photo in any way beyond what can be done in a traditional darkroom.* (NO PHOTOSHOP OR ANYTHING SIMILAR)
      4. Your entry photo can be no older than one year.
      5. When submitting your photo please make sure to submit the title of the photo along with your real name and contact info. Only Nam will know your contact info and name so that voting will remain anonymous.Voting MUST remain anonymous and nothing in the picture or posted in this thread should be able to be used to identify you in any way.
      6. All photo entries must be submitted by 1 June 10 to be considered for voting. Nam, can you insert your email addy here? SEE BELOW…
      7. Have fun! <-Mos def

*- Traditional darkroom techniques include minor adjustments to contrast/brightness and some minor use of dodge/burn tool if necessary. Photos should remain as untouched as possible.

Prize is $50 for 1st place and $25 for second place.

Jennifer Writes:

To ENTER:

++ Please send your photo to nambroth@hotmail.com (note this is not my normal email address, but a backup I have. It’ll be easiest to collect entries here though!).
        ++ Make sure to make the subject “Windstone Photo Contest” If you don’t I might not get it.
        ++ I will reply within 48 hours saying that I got your photo. If you don’t get my reply please PM me here.
        ++ Repeated from above, but: Please send me your FORUM name, your REAL name, and any contact info you can. These will be known only by myself, and Skigod if you win. Also you MUST title your piece for voting reasons so send a title too!
        ++ PLEASE make sure your photo is no larger than 900 pixels wide so that we can fit it on the forum, and under 300kb. I don’t have time to re-size people’s photos for them, I’m sorry!

[/]

Skigod377
      Participant

I would, but not with kids as the theme. Don’t have any – and I think it would be obvious whose pics belong to who, wouldn’t it?

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

I am interested!

i’m definitely in!! πŸ˜€ but i agree with Dragon87. Wouldn’t we know who’s who? i would feel kinda weird taking pics of other peoples kids..

Elena
          Participant

I would be interested!

Maybe the ‘kids’ theme could include things like playgrounds or kites etc for those who don’t have kids or access to friends, relatives etc?

foxfeather wrote:

I would be interested!

Maybe the ‘kids’ theme could include things like playgrounds or kites etc for those who don’t have kids or access to friends, relatives etc?
            Ok, that could work as well. πŸ™‚

Anonymous

hahaha…. I am picturing people taking pictures of random kids at playgrounds, and what the parents would do!!! Noooooooo!

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

I have taken photos of kids before randomly. It can be wierd, but at the same time, some times I see something and go,” Oh that makes the perfect photo!” Click! Especialy in public places.

[Edit] aquariums and parks are perfect. People always think you are taking photos of the fish or flowers!
                I had one parent look and pull thier kids away from the glass and I quickly siad,”oh no! It is ok if they want to see the sharks, it actualy makes the photo more interesting.” and she seemed perfectly fine with it…
                But then again, I am a scrawny looking girl with a camera and not a creepy old dude with a camera.

keschete
                Participant

How about kids including pets?

KoishiiKitty wrote:

I have taken photos of kids before randomly. It can be wierd, but at the same time, some times I see something and go,” Oh that makes the perfect photo!” Click! Especialy in public places.

[Edit] aquariums and parks are perfect. People always think you are taking photos of the fish or flowers!
                  I had one parent look and pull thier kids away from the glass and I quickly siad,”oh no! It is ok if they want to see the sharks, it actualy makes the photo more interesting.” and she seemed perfectly fine with it…
                  But then again, I am a scrawny looking girl with a camera and not a creepy old dude with a camera.

i’ve unfortunately had the opposite experience. i took some awesome shots of this little girl once and the mother came after me like the devil… getting in my face about rights and all that. i was so embarrassed.

but…. i like foxfeather’s suggestion too!

Skigod377
                  Participant

Hmmm… Ok, no kids. How about we leave this one open to anything? No nudie pics though… hhehehe.

skigod377 wrote:

Hmmm… Ok, no kids. How about we leave this one open to anything? No nudie pics though… hhehehe.

Well gee, you’re no fun! πŸ˜† 😈

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Ski, you are classic. We love you!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

I could, if I can find my grandma’s camera cord… πŸ˜€ I have about 6 little cousins who hang out at her house.
                      A competition sounds cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.