fbpx

Photo Competition VOTING TIME!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Photo Competition VOTING TIME!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Does it have to be a pic you take?

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Count me in! I’m no good at photography, but I still enjoy it.

Skigod377
      Participant

Yes, it would have to be a pic you took and unaltered. There are rules around here somewhere. πŸ˜€ I’ll find them tomorrow and post them.

Skigod377
        Participant

Rules as follows:

1. Photo must be part of the theme (if there is one).
          2. You may only enter with a photo you’ve taken yourself.
          3. You may not edit or manipulate the photo in any way beyond what can be done in a traditional darkroom.*
          4. Your entry photo should have been taken within the last year.
          5. When submitting your photo please make sure to submit the title of the photo (it can be ‘untitled’ if you wish) along with your real name and contact info. Only XX will know your contact info and name so that voting will remain anonymous. Voting MUST remain anonymous and nothing in the picture or posted in this thread should be able to be used to identify you in any way.
          6. All photo entries must be submitted by XX to be considered for voting.
          7. Have fun!

*- Traditional darkroom techniques include minor adjustments to contrast/brightness and some minor use of dodge/burn tool if necessary. Photos should remain as untouched as possible.

ok… so when does it start? and end for that matter?

daydreamer wrote:

ok… so when does it start? and end for that matter?

What she said. :scratch: I’d like to know and get out my camera! And are we going with a “No theme” theme?

Skigod377
          Participant

Yep, I think a no theme theme. I wonder if GB would be interested in hosting it again? I have not heard from her for a bit. If not, I guess I can try to do it…except there may be delays since loading pics takes so long from here. Would anyone-not participating- care to collect the pics? It would have to end near a payday so I can send out the prizes with little to no delay. We would leave it open for 10 days or so…

Jennifer
            Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Yep, I think a no theme theme. I wonder if GB would be interested in hosting it again? I have not heard from her for a bit. If not, I guess I can try to do it…except there may be delays since loading pics takes so long from here. Would anyone-not participating- care to collect the pics? It would have to end near a payday so I can send out the prizes with little to no delay. We would leave it open for 10 days or so…

If GB isn’t around I’ll help you out Ski! I won’t join since I won one of them.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

If GB isn’t around I’ll help you out Ski! I won’t join since I won one of them.
              Although, now that I think of it, I probably won’t join as well, but more due to time constraints then anything else. *yawn* I’m beat! I’ve been starting 2 1/2 hours earlier then normal, but finish at the same time….. πŸ™„ gotta love overtime.

Skigod377
              Participant

That’d be great Nam! I sent GB a PM but she has not read it yet.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Gotcha covered.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Maria
                  Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Sorry, Ski. I was down in Corsica and Sardinia chasing curves and burning rubber for two weeks; now I’m kinda in over my head with engraving and trucking theory classes, trying to land a new job, looking at pickups and rebuilding my first motorcycle. Still, if Nam was kind enough to take over the collection of photos I get a chance to enter one of these!

Skigod377
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Sorry, Ski. I was down in Corsica and Sardinia chasing curves and burning rubber for two weeks; now I’m kinda in over my head with engraving and trucking theory classes, trying to land a new job, looking at pickups and rebuilding my first motorcycle. Still, if Nam was kind enough to take over the collection of photos I get a chance to enter one of these!
                      Ooh mos def! I will be glad to see you enter instead of host! Rules and email is on the 1st page. Good luck girl, and nice to have you back for a bit! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                      Participant

Hey Nam, are you getting any submissions? πŸ™‚

keschete
                        Participant

OKAY!

This is silly. If you want to have a competition, you should know what theme, what time frame, etc. Real rules!!!!

You can not just have this whole fluctuating competition.

If you want to do this, make rules and THEN advertise.

😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.