Pegasi's PYOs – *New* Update pg. 13

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Pegasi's PYOs – *New* Update pg. 13

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

‘Black Knight’ is gorgeous! πŸ˜€

frozendragon
      Participant

I like the dragons…I did one similar to the black and red…and gave him to a friend….

and then I have one like the black one here…that I think I’ll keep cause I did purple antiquing…hehe

Pegasi1978
        Participant

frozendragon wrote:

and then I have one like the black one here…that I think I’ll keep cause I did purple antiquing…hehe

You’re black dragon with the purple antiquing is what gave me the idea to antique midnight blue over black paint. πŸ˜‰

frozendragon
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

You’re black dragon with the purple antiquing is what gave me the idea to antique midnight blue over black paint. πŸ˜‰

YAY…I have inspired someone…LOL

did you ever get the purple you wanted….I’m doing purple again this weekend….. πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I got very close to the purple I wanted. It ended up being a little dark, but it worked.

frozendragon
              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I got very close to the purple I wanted. It ended up being a little dark, but it worked.

cool

Pegasi1978
                Participant

The father of my friend that I painted the black and red dragon for passed away early this morning. His father was a dragon lover as well. I don’t know if he knew about Windstone dragons or not, but I think he would have liked them. I’ve come up with an idea to do a memorial dragon for him. I placed the order earlier today.

lamortefille
                  Participant

What a nice idea, Peg.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

I’m hoping it will cheer my friend up a little. His father’s death was very sudden. His aunt talked to him this weekend and he was fine. Then late last night/early this morning they had to rush him to the hospital. He died of a lung embolism on the way there.

The dragon will have blue eyes and a blue stone (aquamarine) and be mostly white. There may be some small touches of blue and I may try out the Blue PearlEx Interference Pigment that I have on it as well.

frozendragon
                      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’m hoping it will cheer my friend up a little. His father’s death was very sudden. His aunt talked to him this weekend and he was fine. Then late last night/early this morning they had to rush him to the hospital. He died of a lung embolism on the way there.

The dragon will have blue eyes and a blue stone (aquamarine) and be mostly white. There may be some small touches of blue and I may try out the Blue PearlEx Interference Pigment that I have on it as well.

that sounds really cool….

sucks about what happened….

Lokie
                        Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’ve come up with an idea to do a memorial dragon for him.

pegasi1978 wrote:

Nice idea and it sounds like it will be a lovely color scheme πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Well I have not one, but two new dragons finished. One is the memorial dragon and the other is a gift for a different friend. First up is the memorial dragon. He is not intended to look like the white dragons or the wedding cake dragons and I hope I succeded in that. He was painted with pearly white paint and then accented with two different shades of pale silver. It’s hard to see, but I did add PearlEx Interference Blue Pigment to the wings. I call him Lord Gwiber of Aquitaine.

The next dragon is an interesting one. I took a different approach to painting it and was pleased with the results. I just hope my friend likes it. She asked for a dragon done in dark purples, blues and black. I used thinned downed Dioxazine Purple and let it pool in the scales of the dragon. To bring in the blue I added PearlEx Interference Blue Pigment to various parts on the dragon. They may not look it, but the eyes are grey.

lamortefille
                            Participant

Wow! I like them both very much. πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                              Participant

Peg, they’re beautiful!! I especially love the purple one. πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                                Participant

Thank you! I forgot to mention (and it’s hard to tell) there are some very pale silver accents on the center belly scales. The purple ended up a little “splotchy” because of how thin I made the paint, but I like the effect it gives on the scales.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 195 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.