pebble cats and foxes

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion pebble cats and foxes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

So far I have managed to miss every batch of the pebble animals. Now that I need some for Xmas presents I am wondering if there is a chance there will be some in the store anytime soon.
      please? πŸ™‚

Kiya
      Participant

I don’t think they’re working on the pebbles at all right now due to the issues with painting them.

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I’m dying for more pebbles!! Especially the new foxes!!

Matryoshka
          Participant

Pebbles are my absolute favourite. I would be over the moon to see another Grabbag batch like the GB wolves someday. I know they’re troublesome to paint though so I don’t have my hopes up haha.

Any new releases would be amazing though. I’m really happy to have picked up some lady cats and fennecs from the Special Items store.

If they are troublesome to paint, then i would say charge more for the extra work. they seem to have a high demand and if they are created in limited quantities at a time, then they also create a higher market value in any sense. If the demand is high, the sales will follow.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kiya
            Participant

While that’s somewhat true – pebbles are very small and I don’t think folks would be thrilled if they charged for the time spent. πŸ™‚

Apparently the pebbles (more the foxes and cats than the wolves I think) have a tendency to roll off the paint wheel which either ruins them (breakage) or makes them need to be re-touched up a lot. I think a batch of pebbles takes longer in a simple scheme than a grab bag batch of poads or unis with fancy schemes!

I know John and Melody have been working on ways to solve the problem – a good one just hasn’t been found yet. Hopefully it will be eventually, I’m dying to have an arctic fox personally, I just don’t think anyone should count on them for Christmas. πŸ™‚

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

If they are troublesome to paint, then i would say charge more for the extra work. they seem to have a high demand and if they are created in limited quantities at a time, then they also create a higher market value in any sense. If the demand is high, the sales will follow.

I completely agree. I personally would not mind paying more because they’re not a sculpt that you can easily obtain. There’s only a handful of bat eared and red foxes out there, you never see them on eBay (heck, you rarely even see a picture of them on the forum!). If one ever appeared on eBay, you better believe my credit card is ready!!

Kiya
                Participant

I _think_ the only red foxes and bat eared foxes in circulation were quest prizes. Same with the arctic fox.

Stormbreeze
                  Participant

T’has been awhile – and now on Facebook I’m seeing pictures of lady pebble cats in various colors. Is there a grab bag coming soon? I would love to know when to save up.

πŸ™‚

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Melody
                    Keymaster

T’has been awhile – and now on Facebook I’m seeing pictures of lady pebble cats in various colors. Is there a grab bag coming soon? I would love to know when to save up.

πŸ™‚

Yes, I was going to do a batch of grab bag pebble cats… not sure when I’ll get to it!

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

πŸ™‚

Yes, I was going to do a batch of grab bag pebble cats… not sure when I’ll get to it!

oooooo! can’t wait to see these!

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Melody
                        Keymaster

I am painting fennec style foxes now. These are the remainder of the round-bottomed ones we had cast years ago. These will not have a pad.
                          I am painting these remaining round-bottomed fennecs in three colors: tan “fennec” color, “sand fox” color and “antique ivory”

Future fennecs will have a flatter base so we will be able to put a nice, mess-hiding pad on the bottom.

The castings are now coming out really nice, so we are casting the other three foxes too: the bat-eared fox, red fox and arctic fox.

Landipan
                          Participant

I am painting fennec style foxes now. These are the remainder of the round-bottomed ones we had cast years ago. These will not have a pad.
                            I am painting these remaining round-bottomed fennecs in three colors: tan “fennec” color, “sand fox” color and “antique ivory”

Future fennecs will have a flatter base so we will be able to put a nice, mess-hiding pad on the bottom.

The castings are now coming out really nice, so we are casting the other three foxes too: the bat-eared fox, red fox and arctic fox.

Oooh, this all makes me very happy to hear!

*Formerly meowmix101
                            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Uh-Oh, no lunches for me for the next couple of months at least! πŸ˜‰
                              So many neat things being worked on! πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                              Participant

Who needs lunches? You’ll already be biting your fingernails while waiting for things to appear, so you can just chew on them. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.