fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

Will we be able to sort the products (dragons, especially) by colour the way we did on the old forum? Also, the old forum let us sort by in stock and out of stock. I like the “newness” sort feature, but I’d like the other options, too.

Thanks

Life is beautiful.

Clay
      Keymaster

Yes, more options for viewing/sorting products are on the way. I just haven’t gotten to it yet.

Scathach
        Participant

Thanks, Clay

Life is beautiful.

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

Hi Clay! My ads are expired and in the disabled category…i logged in to update them and got an email stating they had been updated, but they are still disabled…

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Clay
            Keymaster

I renewed your ads. See my next post for more info about renewing ads.

Clay
              Keymaster

About Renewing Classified Ads

I posted a test ad, using a normal subscriber account (not an admin account), and this is what I learned:

“Updating” an ad is not the same as “renewing” an ad. If you edit one of your ads you will get an email stating that the ad has been updated; but if the ad was expired before you edited it, it will still be expired. “Updated” simply means that you edited the ad. As far as I can tell, the only way to renew an ad is to click the “renew” link in the email you get telling you that your ad is about to expire. But here’s the trick…

If you are logged into the site when you click that “renew” link, your ad will be renewed. If, on the other hand, clicking the link takes you to the login page, go ahead and log in. THEN CLICK THE LINK IN THE EMAIL AGAIN, and your ad will be renewed.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Hi Clay – how can you renew an ad that has already expired?
                  I believe I missed the renewal email a couple weeks ago, or didn’t receive one. Thanks! Hopefully the site issues are lessening – the forum is looking and functioning better in my opinion. 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mike
                  Participant

Just noticed on the store page if you click on Dragons and look at each type you will not see Mother Coiled, Moon, Sun, Rising Spectral, Young Oriental. But if you scroll down to see each type as listed in alphabetical listings you will find those dragons.

Clay
                    Keymaster

That’s right, Mike. The dragons you mentioned are not categories unto themselves. Mother Coiled dragons are included in the Coiled Dragons category. Moon, Sun, and Young Oriental are all included in the Oriental Dragons category, and Rising Spectral is part of the Spectral Dragons category.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

will editing older posts ever come back?

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Probably not. Indefinite editing of posts was actually not intentional but a limitation of the software, on our prior forum.

You can still edit posts for 5 minutes after you post them, to fix errors, typos, etc. If you like, I can extend this a little bit, but not for too long.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

fatalbeauty
                          Participant

awr, I guess the list my collection thread isn’t going to work very well anymore, that’s mostly the thing I would like a lot more editing time with….

4 things I'm looking for:
                            1. Mother Meerkat
                            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Susie
                            Keymaster

I just wanted to bump this thread up so that it stays in the “active” list that appears at the bottom of the screen. 🙂

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Yes, talking about the ‘Active’ Topic list… on the old forum I believe that the number that showed up on the list was about 20 or so. Is there any way to adjust this number and have more than 10?

I would use the active thread list to see new threads or to remind myself to check out a thread – such as new Swap Sign Up or Show Off threads, etc. With only a small number of active threads these can easily be missed if no one posts and keeps the thread one of the top ten active.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mary
                                Participant

I had a couple issues on the new website.

For PM’s, I’m unable to view the actual message using Internet Explorer browser, but tried Firefox and it works fine.

I created an ad and it said it’d send a verification email, but I never received the email so my ad isn’t posted yet. What do I need to do to get the ad approved?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.