fbpx

New Stuff and relief for Karen

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone New Stuff and relief for Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hey guys! In case you missed it, this is in the Ask Melody part of the forum:

Melody wrote:

We are working on samples of the Female griffin in Pearl with blue eyes, to match the Pearl male. We will soon put a batch of these on ebay as BIN’s, but I’m not sure exactly when. We are trying to get a email system set up on the forum that will announce our auctions to people who have signed up for it.
      Other things that are in the works for ebay..
      *White Secret Keepers, auction
      *White curlies BIN
      …more em. pea. curlies , and we have more of the red flame ones coming up too. (or russet flame, or whatever we called them)
      *The second set of Black and Tan dragons, auction,
      Maybe a ooak Prototype Warrior dragon,
      Please don’t bug Karen about these. I always get killed for announcing stuff that isn’t ready to go up instantly!

This is really exciting, but brings up another good point. The Windstone folks give excellent customer service are always happy to answer questions us rabid fans might have. Karen and Susie, our wonderful ‘office’ ladies are very nice people and always go out of their way to help us out!

I do not want to discourage questions- indeed, questions are very welcome (that’s why we have an Ask Melody forum!), but please bear in mind that Karen and Susie take care of a lot of things at Windstone… orders, dealing with merchants, paperwork paperwork paperwork. It takes a lot to run a business- in addition to managing all of their eBay listings, questions, etc… they take orders and communicate and process paperwork for all their dealers (if you are curious about the volume of folks this entails keeping track of, have a peek here… http://www.windstoneeditions.com/Dealers/dealers.htm plus all of their other retailers).

If you have a Windstone related question, the search function is a great friend! Not to mention that many of the forum members are very avid forum users, which means if it’s been discussed before then someone will probably remember it. If you have a general question and can’t find it posted already, feel free to post it here- the forum members are great help! If it’s something we can’t answer, or Melody can’t answer, (such as if they still have brown fledgles left, etc) then Karen would indeed be the person to ask. And absolutely do contact her should you wish to order something factory direct (remember this only includes PYOs and limited production pieces). However, in an effort to keep her from loosing all of her hair, please do try to find your answer here first. We are here to help!! πŸ˜€ Plus if you can find your answer here, that frees up more time for the Windstone staff to work on all these things we are eagerly awaiting. It’s true what they say about there ‘not being enough time in the day’. πŸ˜‰

Also I know a lot of us get really rabid about “when”. When will the eBay auction start, when will this or that be ready. Most of the time, and I’m not pulling anyone’s leg, Windstone just doesn’t know. πŸ˜† This is an unfortunate part of the kind of spectacular work they do. When Melody has said that they often don’t decide what price or description or what will even be listed until 5 minutes beforehand- that’s no joke. But that’s why we have this!

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1469

Please feel free to sign up for this so you will know when things get listed. Good news for us all!

Again, after that terribly long ramble, I want to emphasize that I nor anyone else discourage questions in any way. That’s just not the case! I just want to make sure the Windstone staff don’t run screaming from the factory one day, only to be found years later on a beach with sunglasses and drinks with little umbrellas in them. πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

True – we would much rather they be found slaving over windstones! πŸ˜€ Seriously, I have to say Karen is awesome (she is the person I personally have dealt with – I’m sure everyone is awesome too) and I hope she knows how much we appreciate her hard work! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Anonymous

I will get the list going this weekend for sure πŸ™‚ Then Karen will be able to let all the starving masses know, en masse πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
          Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

I will get the list going this weekend for sure πŸ™‚ Then Karen will be able to let all the starving masses know, en masse πŸ˜€

Snappy, you are our hero!!! πŸ˜€

Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

Snappy, you are our hero!!! πŸ˜€

*Swoon* πŸ˜†

Nambroth wrote:

Hey guys! In case you missed it, this is in the Ask Melody part of the forum:

Melody wrote:

We are working on samples of the
              *White curlies BIN
              …more em. pea. curlies , and we have more of the red flame ones coming up too. (or russet flame, or whatever we called them)

❗ white curlies …

oh please, oh please 😯 I really really want a white dragon, but can’t afford the retired ones. I’ve asked to be signed up for the list, but I’ll probably miss them anyway. These things always seem to come up while I’m at work πŸ˜₯

Heard that!!! πŸ˜†

White curls, white curls. I saw white curls. Yea! I want one. NOW.
              I’m glad someone brought up poor Karen, and Susie. As a busy office worker (one of two in the store) I probably know how she feels. I hate people dumping extra work on me. I have enough to do. And, my stores budget is so tight that I get in trouble for taking extra time to get what needs done done. I think I would go crazy if I had to answer inane questions all day from crazed fan people. I don’t bother anyone at Windstone (or other buisnesses unless I really have to.) I really appreciate everything that these two do in there day. (And everyone else at Windstone as well.)

Bob

I just added myself to the list for e-mails. I hope that helps with things. I also know that there is no way for Windstone to give concrete date for anything because you NEVER know what could happen at any time. I work as a dipatcher for at&t and everyone wants their service right nwo but sometimes the network is not ready

LOL DM
                It’s like the “Well, the technician will be there between 2pm and 5pm.” πŸ˜†
                And you can’t forget the 12:00 flashers!!! πŸ˜†

Bob

12:00 FLASHERS??
                  We do not have flashers in my building??
                  Maybe I’m missing something

The 12:00 flashers are the people who can’t even set the time on their VCR’s, clocks, radios, etc. I had a friend who did tech calls for a company, he said the ones who had no clue how to operate whatever he sold, they would call 12:00 flashers… I have been one, and met a few. It’s a pale joke, but my own mother is a 12:00 flasher. πŸ˜†

Bob

I was going to say if they had 12:00 flashers in my building I would not have changed from the 8-4:30 shift!!! Now I do not get here until 1PM

Rusti
                    Participant

Or they could be like me and can’t be bothered to set the time on the VCR/DVD player, since the power will eventually go out and I’ll have to do it all over again anyway. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.