fbpx

New Kitty

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Kitty

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I took Tasha to the vet today because she is still sneezing and has runny eyes and nose. She is starting to get an upper respiratory infection. The vet gave me antibiotics to give her twice a day for two weeks. I’m not sure how that is going to work with our being at Festival for the next two weekends. I have called my pet-sitters, so we’ll see. I’m waiting to hear back from them.

Edit: One of my pet sitters came through for me, so we’re good to go.

Jodi
      Participant

Well, Merlin is sneezing now on occasion so we brought him to the vet yesterday. He was such a good boy at the vet, but he trembled the whole time. They said he has a cold, but they gave him some pills that will keep him from getting the infection, so we are giving them to him. The hubby is dealing with that and went to the vet too, yesterday, because Merlin is His Boy. Merlin is taking the pills really good and there is no battle to get him to take them.

We were having trouble with getting Tasha to take the liquid medicine until we figured out that she doesn’t like to be held on her back. So now, I hold her upright and the hubby opens her mouth and squirts the medicine in, and she’s fine. Then she gets hugged and kissed and then she gets put down so she can get a drink of water to get the horrible banana taste out of her mouth. She seems to be getting better too.

Claire is still fine, but still really skinny. As soon as Festival is done (after this weekend), I will be getting her teeth scraped.

lamortefille
        Participant

Boy, everything happens at once, doesn’t it? I’m glad they are all doing ok: -)

Jodi
          Participant

I know! I guess I should’ve waited until after Fest to get the new kitty, but I had been so sad before that. She has really helped my heart heal. I still miss Katie (and I still cry sometimes), but it’s not so bad anymore.

Claire would still need her teeth cleaned, but Merlin wouldn’t be sick now, and there would not be another sick kitty in the house too.

Of course, the money spent at the vet recently is a problem. I’ve had to charge most of it to my credit card, so my card is not getting paid off at all. I have yet to be paid from the university for this semester because my paperwork got lost and I didn’t get my first paycheck (they didn’t know I was hired).

Megan
            Participant

Oh boy… that is some serious lost paperwork, emerald. What a huge headache!

Lost paperwork? 😯 They didn’t know they hired you… ouch. They aren’t going to try and not pay you for what you’ve already worked, right?

Jodi
              Participant

I am paid per credit (2 4-credit classes is 8 credits), so I should still get the same amount of money. They said my first check will be doubled. I will get it on Friday, so we’ll see. I finally got my contract to sign, etc., so I should be good now.

The English Department hired me and the paperwork got lost between there and Human Resources. I think it has to go through the office of the Dean of Fine Arts and Humanities too. If HR doesn’t have it, then Payroll doesn’t have it either. It’s like one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing. There are too many hoops to jump through for the process to be efficient and too many places for paperwork to go in the process so they can get lost. However, the university is state funded, so I’m sure they have to have some sort of paper trail for everything in order to get their money.

Bob

Good Luck!!

frozendragon
                  Participant

emerald212 wrote:

I am paid per credit (2 4-credit classes is 8 credits), so I should still get the same amount of money. They said my first check will be doubled. I will get it on Friday, so we’ll see. I finally got my contract to sign, etc., so I should be good now.

The English Department hired me and the paperwork got lost between there and Human Resources. I think it has to go through the office of the Dean of Fine Arts and Humanities too. If HR doesn’t have it, then Payroll doesn’t have it either. It’s like one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing. There are too many hoops to jump through for the process to be efficient and too many places for paperwork to go in the process so they can get lost. However, the university is state funded, so I’m sure they have to have some sort of paper trail for everything in order to get their money.

ugh that sounds like me trying to get registered, and credits transferred and financial aid.. and everything else.. it took two months of working on and I still didn’t even get it done until after I started classes…

you would think with all those educated people working there… that they’d be a tad bit more organized. 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.