fbpx

New Kitty

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Kitty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I got a new kitty. She is 9 weeks old. She is a tortie, like Katie was. However, she looks nothing like Katie. Katie was a beauty and this little thing has a funny face. She is bouncy and cuddly – quite the sweety. The hubby likes her too. It’s taking me some time to get used to the energy of her, and I’ve been sick, so I’m having a hard time being patient.

Claire and Merlin seem to understand now that Katie is not coming home. They kept looking out the door after hubby and I would come home. They are being pretty good about her – not trying to kill her or fight each other. They don’t exactly want to play with her, but they are getting used to the idea.

I still miss Katie a lot. The new one (I’m still trying out names on her) is not Katie and will never be Katie, but she’s a distraction anyway. And she seems to like us both a lot.

I’ll post a pic soon.

Jodi
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

She sounds like a sweetie. I hope she fits in well with your family. πŸ˜€

She sounds like a cutie…. πŸ™‚

Starbreeze
          Participant

She won’t replace Katie, but she’ll earn her own place in your heart. Just give her time. In the meantime, I want pics!!!

dragonmedley
            Participant

Awww! There’s nothing more annoying than a giddy kitty when you’re sick…

I can’t wait to see pics!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Awe! Warm, fuzzy, cuddly, wiggly kitty!!! πŸ˜€ Hope you feel better soon Em!
              Although she is not Katie, she will fit in. Besides, shouldn’t think of it as trying to replace Katie, just think of her as a “New edition” and enjoy her while she is young and kitten-ish, because it doesn’t last forever. πŸ˜‰
              Kittens are so much fun. πŸ˜†

Katherine
              Participant

I am so glad you got this kitty to distract you! πŸ˜€

Bob

Congrats on the new comer and yes pics would be GREAT

Stephanie
                  Participant

New kitties are fun! Beloved kitties that have past can not be replaced. It will still take time to heal.

Hang in there and I hope you get to feelin better.

darjeb
                    Participant

Congratulations on the new kitty. Please post some pictures.

Nothing can ever replace a pet lost because they will always live on in our hearts the new one makes there own place their

I’ll say one thing for kittens… they are entertaining. Especially when they discover a mirror for the first time… that’s always fun. Hope she doesn’t pull a Fluff and swing on the drapes! 😯

And I like the name Tsuna, it was our second choice for Kimi (we were not going to go with the name the SPCA gave her, which was Jordan).

Jasmine
                      Participant

Congrats on the new addition. And pics please. πŸ˜€

Jodi
                        Participant

We’ve decided to call her Tasha. And if she ever holds still for the camera long enough, I’ll get a pic. Most of the time she’s running, and when she’s not running, she’s sleeping on me, so I can’t take a picture of her. Maybe when the hubby gets home, he can get a good one.

She has her first vet visit tomorrow morning. We’ll see how much she likes me after that. πŸ˜†

The other cats seems to like her. They’re tolerating her well anyway.

Oh, I should say, she’s a tortie and white. I was reading the other thread about kitties, and she fits that description best. She has a white chin and belly.

Jodi
                          Participant

Her vet visit checked out okay. She is a healthy little ball of fluff.

Going to the vet was difficult for me. It was the first time I’d been there since I brought in Katie for the last time. I got a little choked up, being there.

I’m bringing Claire in tomorrow for a check up. She’s still pretty skinny, but not skin and bones like Katie was. I figure it’s better to have her checked out than wait and be sorry later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.